GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis

+5
wprager
Hobiesens
shabbs
davetherave
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Per Strickland, a pretty reliable source.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Andy-Strickland/Brendan-Bell-To-St-LouisDevils-Sign-Davison/5/22339

2CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:14 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Per Strickland, a pretty reliable source.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Andy-Strickland/Brendan-Bell-To-St-LouisDevils-Sign-Davison/5/22339

From Strickland's piece:

Blues Head Coach Andy Murray has had recent phone conversations with Bell in an effort to recruit the former CHL Defenseman of the year to St. Louis.

---

FYI Andy Strickland is the Blues reporter for ESPN Radio 1380 in St. Louis, so he would tend to have good intel.

3CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, I wish him luck.

4CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:21 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Deal is done....

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Brendan+Bell+signs+with+Louis/1849121/story.html

5CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good for him. No details yet, I take it? I assume it's one-way, otherwise he'd have gone to the KHL.

6CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:38 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

According to the SUN it's a two way contract. Bell felt he had a better chance at playing time with the Blues it seems.

Brendan Bell is no longer singing the Blues.

He’s playing for them.

Growing anxious over being a player without a team, the former Senators and 67’s defenceman today signed a one-year, two-way contract with the St. Louis Blues. Bell could have inked a similar deal with the Senators, but he considered St. Louis a better opportunity at furthering his career.

Bell, an Ottawa native, played 53 games with the Senators last season. He scored six goals and had 15 assists.

“I’m excited to join a young team headed in the right direction,” Bell told the Sun this morning. “I look forward to the opportunity to further my career and contribute to a playoff team.”

7CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Godspeed Bell-er. Your mediocre to competent skillz will serve you well in the Show Me State.

8CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, I'm a bit surprised, then. Brewer, Johnson, Jackman, Pietrangelo, Colaiacovo plus Polak and Weaver on one-way deals. He'd have to hope that Carlo breaks something or Pietrangelo misses the cut just to be the 7th D-man.

If his chances over there are better than over here, wow, maybe we are loaded on the back-end? Sarcasm

9CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:17 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Wow, I'm a bit surprised, then. Brewer, Johnson, Jackman, Pietrangelo, Colaiacovo plus Polak and Weaver on one-way deals. He'd have to hope that Carlo breaks something or Pietrangelo misses the cut just to be the 7th D-man.

If his chances over there are better than over here, wow, maybe we are loaded on the back-end? Sarcasm

Good point wprager. Perhaps we can read between the lines with this statement then?

"I’m excited to join a young team headed in the right direction." Sarcasm

10CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Best of luck Bell. You did well for us.

11CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:20 pm

I am not sure if this was a subtle shot from Bell...

“I look forward to the opportunity to further my career and contribute to a playoff team.”

...you decide.

12CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:24 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I doubt Bell would insult his home town team, and one that gave him a fair opportunity.

13CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:57 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Good luck in St. Louis Bell!

I feel like he kinda took a shot at us there at the end of the article.

“I look forward to the opportunity to further my career and contribute to a playoff team.”

14CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:58 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

MurderOnIce wrote:I am not sure if this was a subtle shot from Bell...

...you decide.

Sorry, didn't realize that you posted it too. Smile

I feel like he took a shot at us for sure...I don't know...maybe not. Hard to tell.

15CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Empty Re: CONFIRMED: Bell signs with St.Louis Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Godspeed Bell-er. Your mediocre to competent skillz will serve you well in the Show Me State.

Now I don't feel so bad about this.

The only playoff team Bell will play for will be competing for the Calder Cup. DancingBanana

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum