GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL-What does Regin make this year?

+5
rooneypoo
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What does Regin make this year?

POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap254%POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 54% [ 7 ]
POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap215%POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

now i cannot vouch personnally for this information but according to

http://canucnik.blogspot.com/2010/07/leaked.html

looks like foligno may be getting around 1.6M a year !!!!! POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 805406

17POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:05 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:now i cannot vouch personnally for this information but according to

looks like foligno may be getting around 1.6M a year !!!!! POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 805406

A little high, if true, but not unexpected.

18POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:07 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:now i cannot vouch personnally for this information but according to

A tad high, but I like the term, so it's a good trade-off. In 2 years we'll know precisely where Foligno's at as a player and as a part of this team.

19POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:09 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I never heard of this guy (which doesn't mean much) but I was reading some of the older blogs and I can't read him. can anyone explain to me what this means?

http://canucnik.blogspot.com/2010/07/bryan-murray-exerts-himself.html

"It's about time that Bryan Murray exerts his position of General Manager on choosing who is on the "big" club. As the former scouting staff completely missed on an old DEFENCEMAN...as two old lunk-head coaches could not figure out who to keep, who to play or how to motivate them, the two Murrays and their coaches and scouting staff have come to the conclusion that Bryan should have more say in who stays and who goes, who sits and who plays. After all he pays the freight"

20POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:13 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:

I never heard of this guy (which doesn't mean much) but I was reading some of the older blogs and I can't read him. can anyone explain to me what this means?

http://canucnik.blogspot.com/2010/07/bryan-murray-exerts-himself.html

"It's about time that Bryan Murray exerts his position of General Manager on choosing who is on the "big" club. As the former scouting staff completely missed on an old DEFENCEMAN...as two old lunk-head coaches could not figure out who to keep, who to play or how to motivate them, the two Murrays and their coaches and scouting staff have come to the conclusion that Bryan should have more say in who stays and who goes, who sits and who plays. After all he pays the freight"

Awful writer, I agree. Rough translation:

BM needs to take charge, and I'm glad he did. The former management sucked: they took Brian Lee, and he sucks. Before he took charge, BM made bad moves: he hired two bad coaches in Paddock and Hartsberg. Now he's being more active in the decision-making, with the approval / at the instigation of the rest of his managerial team, and that's a good thing.

21POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

yes his writing style isn't the greatest but i was interested to see what had been "leaked" and if that is the amount Foligno is going to make (1.6) how does that effect what Regin's salary s going to be?

22POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:21 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:yes his writing style isn't the greatest but i was interested to see what had been "leaked" and if that is the amount Foligno is going to make (1.6) how does that effect what Regin's salary s going to be?

Regin was always going to get a little less than Foligno, I'd say, unless they went the longer contract route (my favourite, but I don't think it will happen).

Somewhere between $1-1.5 mil / yr, for 2 years, sounds about right for Regin.

23POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wonder if Murray would go longer term with Regin... like a 3 or 5 year deal... what's been his MO with other RFA's?

24POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, that's like ... Boogard money! The insanity!

25POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:53 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I wonder if Murray would go longer term with Regin... like a 3 or 5 year deal... what's been his MO with other RFA's?

Short term, almost invariably, unfortunately.

Regin to me is a special case. Pay the guys you believe in and whom you see as integral parts of your team going forward -- they work out to be deals in the long run. Again, the Filppula signing is one that stands out for me in this regard.

26POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:07 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

A tad high, but I like the term, so it's a good trade-off. In 2 years we'll know precisely where Foligno's at as a player and as a part of this team.

Cuss that's high. Foligno is not woth $1.5M+. Make it $1.3M, 2 years, that I think is reasonable

27POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:I wonder if Murray would go longer term with Regin... like a 3 or 5 year deal... what's been his MO with other RFA's?

Short term, almost invariably, unfortunately.

Regin to me is a special case. Pay the guys you believe in and whom you see as integral parts of your team going forward -- they work out to be deals in the long run. Again, the Filppula signing is one that stands out for me in this regard.
Agreed, I'd like to see a long term offer to him. We'll see what comes of it... no way Murray lets it go to arbitration.

28POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Cuss that's high. Foligno is not woth $1.5M+. Make it $1.3M, 2 years, that I think is reasonable

I respectfully disagree. The guy missed time last season because he was blocking a shot. He has the potential to become a bit of a power forward -- we need that. As skillful as Regin can be, he doesn't have the power Foligno has. And, assuming it's a short contract, it's low risk. I'd prefer less, of course, but I think he can easily be worth it if he can work on his consistency (w.r.t. effort).

29POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:28 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I respectfully disagree. The guy missed time last season because he was blocking a shot. He has the potential to become a bit of a power forward -- we need that. As skillful as Regin can be, he doesn't have the power Foligno has. And, assuming it's a short contract, it's low risk. I'd prefer less, of course, but I think he can easily be worth it if he can work on his consistency (w.r.t. effort).

He blocked a shot and I admire him for that. But his defensive game is still weak, and though he's had flashes of brilliance, he's also been very inconsistent in his offensive game. He seemed to be in a good stretch when he got injured, but that one little hot stretch I don't feel justifies that much of a raise. If he was killing penalties, I would agree with you.

30POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, if Foligno gets $1.6M, and Regin gets $1.2 and Campoli gets $1.0M... we're left with just over $1M in cap space without any other roster moves. Not sure if Murray would put himself in that position... we'll see...

31POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:44 pm

What does Regin make this year?

Hopefully, as little as possible on a 3 year (or so) deal.

32POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Well, if Foligno gets $1.6M, and Regin gets $1.2 and Campoli gets $1.0M... we're left with just over $1M in cap space without any other roster moves. Not sure if Murray would put himself in that position... we'll see...

If all those are signed then we have to move, what, 2-3 players? Sign-and-trade or move players like Lee/Shannon to make more cap room.

33POLL-What does Regin make this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL-What does Regin make this year? Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Well, if Foligno gets $1.6M, and Regin gets $1.2 and Campoli gets $1.0M... we're left with just over $1M in cap space without any other roster moves. Not sure if Murray would put himself in that position... we'll see...

If all those are signed then we have to move, what, 2-3 players? Sign-and-trade or move players like Lee/Shannon to make more cap room.
Those numbers were based on carrying 13 forwards, 7 d-men and two goalies and included Lee, Shannon. We could move them and bring up some kids (Cowen and Butler/Wick/Locke for example) to get the extra cap room.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum