GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA FA market, news stories and signings

+13
asq2
sens4win
jawal
LeCaptain
PKC
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
SensHulk
Ev
Riprock
SensGirl11
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well they won't win next season, and I think the players realize that.

It's not as extreme as that analogy, PKC....I'd play the Crosby line the enetire game haha.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Well they won't win next season, and I think the players realize that.

It's not as extreme as that analogy, PKC....I'd play the Crosby line the enetire game haha.

It is that extreme. With the salaries you're paying those three, how could they possibly sign anyone adequate to fill the other 9 spots. It's gonna be bargain bin shopping. They won't have a good bench. They won't have good team defense. They won't win. It's pretty simple.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, they will fill out their roster with minimum salary players for the next couple of years. But, rumour has it that Chris Paul will join them when he becomes a free agent.

They will win a championship one day...the Celtics won with Allen, Garnett, and Pierce and they had a good bench, but I don't think you need a good bench when you have 3 elite players like James, Bosh, and Wade. Also, it's not like they are all the exact same type of player, they are all different and will play well together as a team.

I think they will definately win a championship, but if they never do, will I care and feel bad for them? No....

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Well they won't win next season, and I think the players realize that.

It is that extreme. With the salaries you're paying those three, how could they possibly sign anyone adequate to fill the other 9 spots. It's gonna be bargain bin shopping. They won't have a good bench. They won't have good team defense. They won't win. It's pretty simple.

They will also have an injury risk. The Heat put all their $$ in these 3 assets.

Even though the Heat do not have many other players under contract, I would expect that Miami will be an attractive destination for the role players and benchwarmers. You get to play with the chosen 3 and you have a great chance to win.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Word is Ilya Kovalchuk is now trying to sign with the Heat. NBA FA market, news stories and signings  - Page 5 159628

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Well, Celtics supporting cast is crazy awesome compared to Miami's. Rondo, Wallace, Davis, Tony Allen, Robinson... not even close.

ANyways, If I was Chris Bosh I would have gone to Oklahoma. They need a good center and I think they're the next big thing and they actually grow together, a bit like the Blackhawks.
It's still a team game, especially in the playoffs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bosh is the luckiest player in the league now.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Well, Celtics supporting cast is crazy awesome compared to Miami's. Rondo, Wallace, Davis, Tony Allen, Robinson... not even close.

ANyways, If I was Chris Bosh I would have gone to Oklahoma. They need a good center and I think they're the next big thing and they actually grow together, a bit like the Blackhawks.

Celtics also signed Jermaine O'Neal. That team is so deep it's bordering on ridiculous. When the Celtics put out their second unit, it's going to be better than the other two guys playing with the big three in Miami.

Plus, who's Miami gonna have to defend the post inside? Dwight Howard is going to Donkey rape them inside.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

jawal wrote:Probably means no sign and trade for the Raptors now. Thus CB4 leaves with no assets coming back.
Wrong! There got two first round picks in the 2011 draft, their own which had previously been dealt toMiami and Miami's. They also got a trade exception which I don't fully understand but helps with signing a player with the salary cap.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bosh and LeBron signed 6 year, $110M dollar deals. Wade signed 6 year, $107M dollar deal.

Wow. $327M in three players alone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Bosh and LeBron signed 6 year, $110M dollar deals. Wade signed 6 year, $107M dollar deal.

Ohmy...

marakh wrote:Well, Celtics supporting cast is crazy awesome compared to Miami's. Rondo, Wallace, Davis, Tony Allen, Robinson... not even close.

They all should've taken discounts and gone to NO...nobody is stopping a starting 5 with those 3 + Paul

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Bosh and LeBron signed 6 year, $110M dollar deals. Wade signed 6 year, $107M dollar deal.

It's gonna be a big waste of money, I promise.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

Maybe Bosh, but Wade and Lebron, you think it's a waste? I'm asking because I don't know that much about b-ball, just that Lebron is really awesome.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's already not a waste of money on the financial side of things with them having to suspend season ticket sales and with the ridiculous amount of jersey sales they're gonna have in the next 3 months.

and, there's no better way to tell your fanbase you want to win then to go out and sign the best 3 free agents (collection of FA's, not saying Bosh is one of the best FA's o all time) in the history of the sport.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, suspending season ticket sales = the hottest team in the league financially (or close surely).

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Maybe Bosh, but Wade and Lebron, you think it's a waste? I'm asking because I don't know that much about b-ball, just that Lebron is really awesome.

It's gonna be a waste of money from the standpoint of not winning a championship. Sure they're going to sell more jerseys than the rest of the league combined, and their TV deal will be monumental, and ticket sales will be astronomical, but they won't win a championship, they don't have the right pieces in place.

They have three phenomenal players, but they don't have the right pieces.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, fair enough, the pieces aren't there is support.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum