GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA FA market, news stories and signings

+13
asq2
sens4win
jawal
LeCaptain
PKC
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
SensHulk
Ev
Riprock
SensGirl11
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I couldn't add a topic to the other sports forum for some reason, so I added it here. Considering it's the biggest FA market for the NBA in history, I thought it would be good to have a thread here. For anyone who likes the NBA.

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wallacesports
Two-car Heat caravan emerged from IMG building at 1:50 pm following near 3-hour session with LeBron.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I used to be a huge basketball fan in the early 90's. Back when they had class acts like Jordan. That Bulls dynasty was the greatest team I have ever seen and witness winning a three-peat. For the basketball fans of the 90s, you might remember my favourite player of all time - Mark Price. Still holds the record for free throw percentage if I am not mistaken.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Raps are gonna offer Bosh a max contract apparently.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:The Raps are gonna offer Bosh a max contract apparently.

That's a rule (or a derivative of it) that I think the NHL should implement as well. No one can offer you the max raise or max length in a contract then your last team.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I hope for them that they can re-sign him. I'm not sure where they will be if they don't.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's a sign and trade, they won't be keeping him apparently.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I couldn't add a topic to the other sports forum for some reason, so I added it here. Considering it's the biggest FA market for the NBA in history (possibly) I thought it would be good to have a thread here. For anyone who likes the NBA.

Good call, this is the biggest free agency in the history of not only the NBA, but VERY possibly all sports.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm trying to follow whoever I can on Twitter that gets the updates, so I'll update as often as I can with whatever I get.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well the Raps couldn't win with Bosh, so they should be fine without him. They have a few great young players like DeRozan, Davis, and Alabi.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Well the Raps couldn't win with Bosh, so they should be fine without him. They have a few great young players like DeRozan, Davis, and Alabi.

How close are they to being contenders with him though? They did make the playoffs this season right? I don't follow basketball at all, I do know the big name players, but that's about it. If they could re-sign Bosh and another one of the big FA's, could that put them over the top?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Well the Raps couldn't win with Bosh, so they should be fine without him. They have a few great young players like DeRozan, Davis, and Alabi.

How close are they to being contenders with him though? They did make the playoffs this season right? I don't follow basketball at all, I do know the big name players, but that's about it. If they could re-sign Bosh and another one of the big FA's, could that put them over the top?

They made like every other toronto team and missed the dance!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They would have to sign Bosh and LeBron to win.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
They would have to sign Bosh and LeBron to win.

LeBron is thinking of going back to Cleveland right? Along with another big name FA.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

You know what the kicker is? It's BECAUSE of the Raptors that the Heat have the $$ to sign Bosh and Lebron. BECAUSE of them and their trade that got rid of heavy cap casualties to the Heat.

Makes you wonder. I like the GM in Toronto, but that was a horrendous mistake.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum