GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA FA market, news stories and signings

+13
asq2
sens4win
jawal
LeCaptain
PKC
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
SensHulk
Ev
Riprock
SensGirl11
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:Well the Raps couldn't win with Bosh, so they should be fine without him. They have a few great young players like DeRozan, Davis, and Alabi.
They would have to sign Bosh and LeBron to win.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Well the Raps couldn't win with Bosh, so they should be fine without him. They have a few great young players like DeRozan, Davis, and Alabi.

LeBron is thinking of going back to Cleveland right? Along with another big name FA.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

How close are they to being contenders with him though? They did make the playoffs this season right? I don't follow basketball at all, I do know the big name players, but that's about it. If they could re-sign Bosh and another one of the big FA's, could that put them over the top?

You know what the kicker is? It's BECAUSE of the Raptors that the Heat have the $$ to sign Bosh and Lebron. BECAUSE of them and their trade that got rid of heavy cap casualties to the Heat.

Makes you wonder. I like the GM in Toronto, but that was a horrendous mistake.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

LeBron is thinking of going back to Cleveland right? Along with another big name FA.
Not that I'm aware of... word is LeBron was rumoured to be interested in Chicago, Miami and recently the LA Clippers... so who knows.

My money is on Chicago.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:

How close are they to being contenders with him though? They did make the playoffs this season right? I don't follow basketball at all, I do know the big name players, but that's about it. If they could re-sign Bosh and another one of the big FA's, could that put them over the top?

No, they missed the playoffs. They most likely won't be able to sign any other FA (at least the premier FA's), because nobody wants to play in Canada.

If they sign and trade Bosh, they should get some really good players back and they would have a pretty young and promising tema. They will also most likely trade Jose Calderon and they should get some good pieces in return for him as well.

If they trade Calderon as well, and assuming the reported sign and trade happens, they would have Andrea Bargnani, Amir Johnson, Demar DeRozan, Ed Davis, Solomon Alabi, Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, Sonny Weems, etc. They would not be contenders but the playoffs would be attainable. Toronto is a team that has to build from the draft, not free agency. Their two biggest stars came from the draft, Vince Carter and Chris Bosh.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll say Lebron goes to New Jersey, Bosh and Wade to Miami. They are pretty good friends.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A side note here, I LOVE how the Houston Rockets GM uses twitter. I wish more GM's around sports would do that.

http://twitter.com/dmorey

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey gang! Do any of you know if the LeBrown James hour-long "LeBrown James Decides Where He Will Play B-Ball" special is available in Canada? I would hate to miss this historic piece of LeBrowniana.

Thanks in advance!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

these conceited pricks. what the hell is this joke? Players congregating to discuss where each one is going and making twitter updates....and now ESPN is all over it with an hour long special where Lebon James announces his decision....

BOGUS! NBA FA market, news stories and signings  - Page 2 555492

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bosh and Wade are ganging up in Miami. Now all that's left is for Lebron to go to New Jersey! (But he will most likely stay in boring Cleveland).

It would be awesome if Lebron joins them in Miami. I want somebody to beat the Lakers!

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Lebron will most likely stay in Cleveland... I hope anyways... His legacy will be that much greater if he stays there and win's a championship in Ohio...

Bosh and Wade are gonna be a good 1-2 but IMO they still need alot of help...

Boston, Cleveland and Orlando are still rigth up there in the East maybe even Chicago, and in the west, the Lakers are still the team to beat.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wade and Bosh news conference at 12:30 on ESPN.com

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like Bosh and Wade to Miami. Nice for them. Wow.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jared Dudley, who plays for the Suns, says "his sources" tell him that Lebron will announce tomorrow that he is signing with the Knicks.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Jared Dudley, who plays for the Suns, says "his sources" tell him that Lebron will announce tomorrow that he is signing with the Knicks.

It would be pretty awesome for the "big news" to be revealed prior to the "LeBrown James Television Showcase".

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Jared Dudley, who plays for the Suns, says "his sources" tell him that Lebron will announce tomorrow that he is signing with the Knicks.

The Knicks.... That would blow... Maybe Amare is enough to entice him to go.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

caissie_1 wrote:

So he's gonna go to a team that's absolutely useless? This guy is a failure. Doesn't have the desire that Jordan did to win. That's why he'll probably win one championship in his lifetime and it will be off the back of other players. And that's why he shouldn't be mentioned in the same category as Jordan too.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:

So he's gonna go to a team that's absolutely useless? This guy is a failure. Doesn't have the desire that Jordan did to win. That's why he'll probably win one championship in his lifetime and it will be off the back of other players. And that's why he shouldn't be mentioned in the same category as Jordan too.

I disagree with some of what you said... I agree that he is not Jordan but I disagree that he will win the title of the back of others... If he does win a championship he will no doubt be the MVP... He will have support of other talented players, but so did Jordan... Pippen, Rodman etc... He did have some help aswell.. Not many players win championships on their own after all it is a team game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum