GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow, you guys have my sympathy

+9
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
asq2
Ev
PTFlea
SensHulk
Riprock
Aetherial
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:57 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Ok, someone explain to me why Murray has come out and said this... I really don't understand it. Doesn't it just make the whole situation worse?

Sigh...

Most of Ottawa is wondering the same thing. Whatever Spezza said, its a private conversation and Murray just spilled the beans. If I were spezza, I'd be ticked and probably start packing my bags. And if Murray did this to prep the fans that he's leaving, well he's trying to spin it in a way that makes spezza look immature.

Murray's quotes were: "I said unfortunately, that doesn't happen. You signed a
long-term contract. We committed to you, you committed to us...we're not
going to make a bet for you."

32Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:59 am

Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:Ok, someone explain to me why Murray has come out and said this... I really don't understand it. Doesn't it just make the whole situation worse?

Sigh...

Most of Ottawa is wondering the same thing. Whatever Spezza said, its a private conversation and Murray just spilled the beans. If I were spezza, I'd be ticked and probably start packing my bags. And if Murray did this to prep the fans that he's leaving, well he's trying to spin it in a way that makes spezza look immature.

He does that himself. Maybe Murray should keep a little more behind closed doors but I dont think we have to comment on Spezza's maturity, or lack there of.

33Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:23 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Sigh...

He does that himself. Maybe Murray should keep a little more behind closed doors but I dont think we have to comment on Spezza's maturity, or lack there of.

shoulda said 'more so', but I think you get what I mean. He may be immature, but he doesn't deserve to have the private conversations leaked to the media. He's done well containing himself in the media, despite ppl crapping on him all the time, and when he finally has bones about it and reserves it just to Murray, the GM spills it to the public. I love Murray, but not a fan of his judgment on this, in whatever he was trying to accomplish.

34Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
that is what scares me, another summer of this? man, talk about Ottawa ranking at the lowest when it comes to places for UFA's come to play, Toronto is more appealing and they are not destined to see a playoff game for at least another year, maybe 2.

Another summer of this? I don't think so.

One of the reasons Murray has opened this up publicly is to test Spezza IMO. If he was 'open' to a trade once, he might be 'demanding' a trade at another time. So Murray's giving him an option here, there will be pressure throughout your career, there will be a lot of pressure to live up to the contract, to lead the Sens - if you want out of this market, now's the time to come to him and not be 'open' to it, to ask for it.

If he mopes around and doesn't decide, then he's gone. If he goes to Murray and says, get me out, he's gone. If he says, I can take this and I'm happy here, then he stays.

I think that's what's happening.

35Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:30 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
that is what scares me, another summer of this? man, talk about Ottawa ranking at the lowest when it comes to places for UFA's come to play, Toronto is more appealing and they are not destined to see a playoff game for at least another year, maybe 2.

One of the reasons Murray has opened this up publicly is to test Spezza IMO. If he was 'open' to a trade once, he might be 'demanding' a trade at another time. So Murray's giving him an option here, there will be pressure throughout your career, there will be a lot of pressure to live up to the contract, to lead the Sens - if you want out of this market, now's the time to come to him and not be 'open' to it, to ask for it.

If he mopes around and doesn't decide, then he's gone. If he goes to Murray and says, get me out, he's gone. If he says, I can take this and I'm happy here, then he stays.

If you're spezza, do you wanna stay? He changes his style of game, and ppl crap on him. He goes back to his old style and racks up points, and they still crap on him. Every mistake is glorified, but every goal is 'meh'. There's another argument where spezza has gotta be thick skinned and most of all not listen to the media and the crowds. But that's hard when you're committing to spend your entire career in this city.

36Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
If you're spezza, do you wanna stay? He changes his style of game, and ppl crap on him. He goes back to his old style and racks up points, and they still crap on him. Every mistake is glorified, but every goal is 'meh'. There's another argument where spezza has gotta be thick skinned and most of all not listen to the media and the crowds. But that's hard when you're committing to spend your entire career in this city.

I would stay, yes. The only way I'd want out is if I wanted to play in some warm state where hockey is 3rd or 4th on the list of sports people care about. But that would mean I wouldn't want to compete for the Cup- and that would be my number one priority.

I wouldn't give a Dung what a bunch of tools thought about my game, I'd work with my coach to be the best I could be. This is gonna happen when you get paid this much. If not the fans in the city, then publications like TSN and THN will be on your arse for not producing.

People think the grass is greener in other cities when it's not. The best I can say is, in a lot of American cities they don't care if you win or lose and don't care if you play well or not - because they don't really care period. If Jason Spezza wants to be a part of that kind of organization, then GTFO. If he's prepared to be the guy we saw for long spurts last year, then buckle up and prepare to lead this team, not make idiotic plays and then cry about it.

In other words: man the Diddle up Spezza.

37Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:In other words: man the Diddle up Spezza.

Too late. He's already being booed despite putting up points. He will NEVER recover from this episode.

Buh-bye.

38Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Too late. He's already being booed despite putting up points. He will NEVER recover from this episode.

Buh-bye.

No, he was booed because he made one of the 10 dumbest plays of the year in a playoff game.

39Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:45 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Buh-bye.

No, he was booed because he made one of the 10 dumbest plays of the year in a playoff game.

Anyway, the booing won't stop, he can't take it. End of story. Gone by Friday.

40Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Buh-bye.

Anyway, the booing won't stop, he can't take it. End of story. Gone by Friday.

The booers aren't the real fans. He should know that. He's here to stay.

41Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:01 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza needs to ponder this: boo or boourns?

42Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, I wouldn't really compare Toronto's woes to Ottawa's. Ottawa has a plan, they've drafted really well, they've made some smart decisions and they're not likely to spend 4.5 million on Komisarek/Volchenkov.

I'm sure Toronto will get better slowly but surely, but having no 1st round picks this year is gonna hurt real bad. And don't tell me that Kaberle will yield a 1st rounder - and even if he does, there goes the only guy who can move the puck on the back end - or if not the only guy, easily the best guy.

There's a lot of mediocrity on the Leafs. Kessel is great, Phaneuf is great, Beauchemin is good. The rest are all unknowns or guys with 'potential' - heck I can't even name the 2nd line center on the Leafs (I assume to the top line center is Bozak). It's gonna be a long time before the Leafs are seriously competing and while guys like Kessel and Phaneuf are explosive, neither screams winner to me personally.

43Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Our first home game is on the 8th against the Sabres! Ahhh what a great way to start the season!! Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 226479

44Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:14 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Full schedule at 12 today!!

45Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:16 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:

P.S. Aetherial, we're have you been hiding?

Hey bud, just busy! Just finished parental leave, my son kept me hopping for 5 months. It sucks to be back at work Smile

We'll get going on the UPP soon enough though!

46Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:23 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:Also, I wouldn't really compare Toronto's woes to Ottawa's. Ottawa has a plan, they've drafted really well, they've made some smart decisions and they're not likely to spend 4.5 million on Komisarek/Volchenkov.

I'm sure Toronto will get better slowly but surely, but having no 1st round picks this year is gonna hurt real bad. And don't tell me that Kaberle will yield a 1st rounder - and even if he does, there goes the only guy who can move the puck on the back end - or if not the only guy, easily the best guy.

There's a lot of mediocrity on the Leafs. Kessel is great, Phaneuf is great, Beauchemin is good. The rest are all unknowns or guys with 'potential' - heck I can't even name the 2nd line center on the Leafs (I assume to the top line center is Bozak). It's gonna be a long time before the Leafs are seriously competing and while guys like Kessel and Phaneuf are explosive, neither screams winner to me personally.

You see it your way, I'll see it mine. Mine is that the Sens might be in trouble, big trouble.

For the sake of arguement though, do smart decisions include huge extensions to Heatley and Spezza, when they had to know there were issues there?
How about keeping Redden over Chara?
How about letting Volchenkov walk this summer for nothing (it looks that way right now)

There is a lot of mediocrity on the Sens also, and if this Spezza thing doesn't resolve itself, there will be even more real soon.

No question the Leafs are the most deserving laughing stocks of any professional sports team right now, but I think things aren't all that bright in Ottawa. Beyond that, I would take our roster (for future potential) over yours! ...

I am sure you don't agree, but then again, that is to be expected from us fans Smile

47Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:32 am

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Here's the problem with that: He doesn't have to play Dung D and an irresponsible game to put up points. He was close to being what he needs to be early in the season and he quit on it to try to appease people. He only has himself to blame.

That's where the character/personality discussion comes into play and it's the main reason why I'm not worried about Karlsson. If people start Dung on him for this or that, he'll just keep evolving in the way he knows is right. Spezza can learn a little in that respect from the kid... And, quite frankly, I'm excited to see what the two of them can do next season together. Spezza has never had a D-man with that kind of skill to play with. The two will be brilliant if Spezza is still here.

48Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:38 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Aetherial wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Also, I wouldn't really compare Toronto's woes to Ottawa's. Ottawa has a plan, they've drafted really well, they've made some smart decisions and they're not likely to spend 4.5 million on Komisarek/Volchenkov.

You see it your way, I'll see it mine. Mine is that the Sens might be in trouble, big trouble.

For the sake of arguement though, do smart decisions include huge extensions to Heatley and Spezza, when they had to know there were issues there?
How about keeping Redden over Chara?
How about letting Volchenkov walk this summer for nothing (it looks that way right now)

There is a lot of mediocrity on the Sens also, and if this Spezza thing doesn't resolve itself, there will be even more real soon.

No question the Leafs are the most deserving laughing stocks of any professional sports team right now, but I think things aren't all that bright in Ottawa. Beyond that, I would take our roster (for future potential) over yours! ...

I am sure you don't agree, but then again, that is to be expected from us fans Smile

I agree with most of that.

I called Murray out based on Neely's arguments about Spezza and Heatley and asked why he would keep them around knowing full well there "are" issues. But Neely said trading them after making the cup finals would be a bad move... well what's worse? Trading them when their value is high or letting Heatley demand a trade and handcuff the team, or have this on going thing with Spezza?

Murray knows damn well he won't keep Volchenkov, and I highly doubt they are feuding over 500K. It wouldn't surprise me either if Murray did re-sign him last minute, and it wouldn't surprise me if he walked for nothing. We saw him re-sign Neil and Kuba at the very last second when we thought for sure they were gone. He's also dumped two 2nd round picks on guys that could walk also. If he isn't careful he's going to lose Volchenkov, Sutton and Cullen, and he will miss out on free agents.

Chara over Redden was Muckler, and while it is a monumental mistake for the franchise, I won't mention anything else since it is well past.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum