GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow, you guys have my sympathy

+9
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
asq2
Ev
PTFlea
SensHulk
Riprock
Aetherial
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Too bad there's nothing I would want off their roster right now, or no picks I would want lol.

17Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:38 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Eh, there are conflicting reports. N4L, Senschirp and Eklund (note: not equating the three) think it's likely he gets moved. McKenzie says "perhaps." BDP (the last fiasco ruined his credibility somewhat but it's undeniable that he has inside info, unless you think he made stuff up and got insanely lucky) and Travis Yost (Wick signing) think it's unlikely, which would mean that the situation's not similar to the Heatley one.

I'm not totally sure I'd say that Ottawa fans are getting the raw end of the deal - unless you don't include the media, maybe. If Spezza deserves the majority of the criticism he gets, he certainly doesn't deserve the amount of criticism he gets relative to the amount of criticism received by other players on the Sens.

Kovalev earns only $2 million less than Spezza and put up 8 fewer points in 17 more games, while generally being a non-factor in a lot of games. Granted, he was the target of criticism. Fisher and Michalek both rake over $4 million a season and did jack-all in the second half but there's nary a peep about either. Actually, I'd say the only consistently-playing forwards who should be above any criticism for last season are Regin (a rookie) and the RKN line - though even that is a point of contention because we're spending too much money on the fourth line.

I can sympathize with Spezza to some extent, because while his criticisms are warranted, he's definitely also the scape-goat/whipping boy on the team, which is not warranted. That said, it's no reason to demand a trade.

18Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:08 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ah, glad to see that he's officially been traded or officially requested a trade and Murray is working out the details, so we can all get back to enjoying the sunshine and watching the World Cup.

Wait. What? You mean there is nothing new? We're still just re-hashing the same hear-say, innuendo and "garenteed" information?

Never mind, then.

P.S. Aetherial, we're have you been hiding?

19Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Eh, there are conflicting reports. N4L, Senschirp and Eklund (note: not equating the three) think it's likely he gets moved. McKenzie says "perhaps." BDP (the last fiasco ruined his credibility somewhat but it's undeniable that he has inside info, unless you think he made stuff up and got insanely lucky) and Travis Yost (Wick signing) think it's unlikely, which would mean that the situation's not similar to the Heatley one.

I'm not totally sure I'd say that Ottawa fans are getting the raw end of the deal - unless you don't include the media, maybe. If Spezza deserves the majority of the criticism he gets, he certainly doesn't deserve the amount of criticism he gets relative to the amount of criticism received by other players on the Sens.

Kovalev earns only $2 million less than Spezza and put up 8 fewer points in 17 more games, while generally being a non-factor in a lot of games. Granted, he was the target of criticism. Fisher and Michalek both rake over $4 million a season and did jack-all in the second half but there's nary a peep about either. Actually, I'd say the only consistently-playing forwards who should be above any criticism for last season are Regin (a rookie) and the RKN line - though even that is a point of contention because we're spending too much money on the fourth line.

I can sympathize with Spezza to some extent, because while his criticisms are warranted, he's definitely also the scape-goat/whipping boy on the team, which is not warranted. That said, it's no reason to demand a trade.

I'll say a peek about Fisher - he's not good enough to be a 2nd line center. We're lucky we were so strong in the final 3rd of the season with him, Kovalev and Michalek being non factors.

In fact, it's Spezza (and Elliott) that got us to the playoffs. People love to simply forget about that, but I don't see how any unbiased fan couldn't see that.

20Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:19 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

they all forgot cuz all they remember is spezza underachieving in the playoffs. so they boo him

21Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll say a peek about Fisher - he's not good enough to be a 2nd line center. We're lucky we were so strong in the final 3rd of the season with him, Kovalev and Michalek being non factors.

In fact, it's Spezza (and Elliott) that got us to the playoffs
. People love to simply forget about that, but I don't see how any unbiased fan couldn't see that.

I don't know that I'd go that far - definitely not in the single-handed, Crosby beating the Senators in the playoffs sense.

But, with the way Spezza is scape-goated in Ottawa you'd think his presence is the only reason the Sens don't win the Presidents Trophy, Cup and Olympic Gold Medal every year, and that he's punched Alfie's children. I think it's unfair that he's basically the only person criticized when there are plenty of issues and players to take some blame. And, I think it's incredibly lazy hockey analysis.

22Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ok, someone explain to me why Murray has come out and said this... I really don't understand it. Doesn't it just make the whole situation worse?

Sigh...

23Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
I don't know that I'd go that far - definitely not in the single-handed, Crosby beating the Senators in the playoffs sense.

But, with the way Spezza is scape-goated in Ottawa you'd think his presence is the only reason the Sens don't win the Presidents Trophy, Cup and Olympic Gold Medal every year, and that he's punched Alfie's children. I think it's unfair that he's basically the only person criticized when there are plenty of issues and players to take some blame. And, I think it's incredibly lazy hockey analysis.

Hockey analysis? In Ottawa? If you're expecting that, you're already disappointed I'm sure.

24Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:10 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'll say a peek about Fisher - he's not good enough to be a 2nd line center. We're lucky we were so strong in the final 3rd of the season with him, Kovalev and Michalek being non factors.

In fact, it's Spezza (and Elliott) that got us to the playoffs
. People love to simply forget about that, but I don't see how any unbiased fan couldn't see that.

Looks like Spezza's lazy play is starting to contaminate bystanders along with his teammates. One more argument for change, I say. Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 159628

25Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:53 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

so its possible by the end of this week I will be taking my old sens jersey to a sports shop to get the #19 and Spezza removed in favour of # 43 and Regin? (pending his contract) I still doubt it as once again, it seems Murray is negotiating out of a point of weakness, but at least Spezza isn't hiding in his house and demanding a trade.

26Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:15 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:so its possible by the end of this week I will be taking my old sens jersey to a sports shop to get the #19 and Spezza removed in favour of # 43 and Regin? (pending his contract) I still doubt it as once again, it seems Murray is negotiating out of a point of weakness, but at least Spezza isn't hiding in his house and demanding a trade.

Could happen in a week though Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 270956

27Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:45 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Ok, someone explain to me why Murray has come out and said this... I really don't understand it. Doesn't it just make the whole situation worse?

Sigh...

I don't understand it either. The only thing that would make sense (as SpezD was saying) is that he is trying to get the fans prepared for him leaving. It's the only reason I could see for him being so open (yet again) about a players desire to not wear the Sens colors. I also think it makes the whole situation worse and it angers the player involved too. With all the Dung Spezza takes from media and fans you'd think that Murray would be much more quiet about it.

Which is why at this point in time I truly believe that Spezza is on his way out...it's the only thing that makes sense with his dirty laundry being aired out for all to see...

I'll say it again and I stand by it, I'm Dung myself scared that he's leaving and that we are about to set ourselves back about 5 years...I don't want to go through more seasons of sucking, I've had about enough of the mediocrity that has come out of this team lately...I'm not sure I can handle it again.

28Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:25 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:so its possible by the end of this week I will be taking my old sens jersey to a sports shop to get the #19 and Spezza removed in favour of # 43 and Regin? (pending his contract) I still doubt it as once again, it seems Murray is negotiating out of a point of weakness, but at least Spezza isn't hiding in his house and demanding a trade.

that is what scares me, another summer of this? man, talk about Ottawa ranking at the lowest when it comes to places for UFA's come to play, Toronto is more appealing and they are not destined to see a playoff game for at least another year, maybe 2.

29Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
marakh wrote:

that is what scares me, another summer of this? man, talk about Ottawa ranking at the lowest when it comes to places for UFA's come to play, Toronto is more appealing and they are not destined to see a playoff game for at least another year, maybe 2.

I thought the point is "another week of this". It can't go on for the whole summer. If he's here past his expiry date, he's here for good (or bad).

30Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:37 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
marakh wrote:

I thought the point is "another week of this". It can't go on for the whole summer. If he's here past his expiry date, he's here for good (or bad).

well he is still a PPG or almost a PPG player, that can't be bad, we will piss on him though if he turns the puck over at an inopportune time again, but that is just the nature of player that he is, sometimes good, sometimes very bad.

31Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:57 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Ok, someone explain to me why Murray has come out and said this... I really don't understand it. Doesn't it just make the whole situation worse?

Sigh...

Most of Ottawa is wondering the same thing. Whatever Spezza said, its a private conversation and Murray just spilled the beans. If I were spezza, I'd be ticked and probably start packing my bags. And if Murray did this to prep the fans that he's leaving, well he's trying to spin it in a way that makes spezza look immature.

Murray's quotes were: "I said unfortunately, that doesn't happen. You signed a
long-term contract. We committed to you, you committed to us...we're not
going to make a bet for you."

32Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:59 am

Michallica wrote:

Sigh...

Most of Ottawa is wondering the same thing. Whatever Spezza said, its a private conversation and Murray just spilled the beans. If I were spezza, I'd be ticked and probably start packing my bags. And if Murray did this to prep the fans that he's leaving, well he's trying to spin it in a way that makes spezza look immature.

He does that himself. Maybe Murray should keep a little more behind closed doors but I dont think we have to comment on Spezza's maturity, or lack there of.

33Wow, you guys have my sympathy - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:23 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Sigh...

He does that himself. Maybe Murray should keep a little more behind closed doors but I dont think we have to comment on Spezza's maturity, or lack there of.

shoulda said 'more so', but I think you get what I mean. He may be immature, but he doesn't deserve to have the private conversations leaked to the media. He's done well containing himself in the media, despite ppl crapping on him all the time, and when he finally has bones about it and reserves it just to Murray, the GM spills it to the public. I love Murray, but not a fan of his judgment on this, in whatever he was trying to accomplish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum