GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dumb Hoax: Former Sens insider says Spezza is gone!

+12
LeCaptain
Hoags
SDH89
dennycrane
cain69
asq2
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Ev
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:What would it be? Brassard, 4th overall, 34th overall? Or would we have to take Huselios as well - and if we did, do we get Russel as well, or is that way too big?

It says the deal hinges on getting back a 2nd? Brutal. Not worth doing if that is the only pick we get.

You can't say the trade is brutal if it hinges on a second when you don't even know what the rest of the trade comprises. Besides, we don't have any seconds this draft and Murray has struck gold several times now in that round and clearly has his eye on someone.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I dont think Spezza is going to be getting traded alone.

If I had to guess, I will say from Florida...

3rd overall, 33rd overall, Weiss, and Ballard for Spezza and Lee

If COlumbus

4th overall, 34th overall, Brassard, and Russel for Spezza and Lee.

Seems like too much to pay if you're Columbus or Florida.

Well, there is a biddin war so that's all Sens fans could have hoped for.

What I gain from the deal almost being doen is A) Murray got what he wanted in the deal. B) He's trying to add more on top of what he got, and C) he's looking out for the long term health of the team by trying to get another draft pick.

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:I dont think Spezza is going to be getting traded alone.

If I had to guess, I will say from Florida...

If COlumbus

4th overall, 34th overall, Brassard, and Russel for Spezza and Lee.

Seems like too much to pay if you're Columbus or Florida.

Not from Columbus, no shot, nor Florida. Both those teams need to make the playoffs, it's basically a must.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:What would it be? Brassard, 4th overall, 34th overall? Or would we have to take Huselios as well - and if we did, do we get Russel as well, or is that way too big?

It says the deal hinges on getting back a 2nd? Brutal. Not worth doing if that is the only pick we get.

Brassard, the 4th overall AND the 34th overall.

Where did you get that??

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, that Columbus trade would be an awesome trade for Ottawa.

Though, if we're trading with Columbus, I want Filatov coming back. Columbus will have to decide if they want a centre for Nash or if they want a potential stud winger. I say they would prefer the centre for Nash since they already have a great young winger in Voracek. Russell would be icing on the cake, he could be a very good offensive defensive, still developing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You can't say the trade is brutal if it hinges on a second when you don't even know what the rest of the trade comprises. Besides, we don't have any seconds this draft and Murray has struck gold several times now in that round and clearly has his eye on someone.

But I just did. Dumb Hoax: Former Sens insider says Spezza is gone! - Page 2 49849

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I don't see why Nashville isn't mentioned in potential trade partners. They have so much talent, but they just need a top flight offensive player to take them to the next level.

Becoming a perennial playoff team might have helped them loosen the purse strings and start making a push for deeper rounds.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Brassard, the 4th overall AND the 34th overall.

Where did you get that??

I read that the deal hinged on a 2nd round pick and I already was thinking Brassard, the 4th overall and a 2nd round pick. Shrug

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Could it be Weiss and Ballard? That would be very intriguing to say the least.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:I don't see why Nashville isn't mentioned in potential trade partners. They have so much talent, but they just need a top flight offensive player to take them to the next level.

Becoming a perennial playoff team might have helped them loosen the purse strings and start making a push for deeper rounds.

Those tightwads? Never happen. I wish they would be in the sweepstakes, though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

OR!... this could all be Dung.
if it isn't it better become a bidding war.
i have a feelling that if a second is involved then that means our 1st is going the other way.

so we send them ours with spezza and we get 2 picks back with a player and another player/prospect..?

if we are going to make this can we please get rid of Lee?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

:crossarms: No way, I can't see us getting Weiss, Ballard, the 33rd AND the 3rd overall.

No 3rd overall IMO.

To Ottawa:
Weiss
Ballard
2010 2nd round pick

To Florida
Jason Spezza
Brian Lee

That's my guess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:OR!... this could all be Dung.
i have a feelling that if a second is involved then that means our 1st is going the other way.

so we send them ours with spezza and we get 2 picks back with a player and another player/prospect..?

Also no way our first is going unless we're trading our 1st and getting back a much higher 1st.

Hey wait, that could be it. Laugh1

To Ottawa:
Weiss
Ballard
2010 2nd round pick
2010 1st round pick (3rd overall)

To Florida
Jason Spezza
Brian Lee
2010 1st round pick (16th overall)

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

:crossarms: No way, I can't see us getting Weiss, Ballard, the 33rd AND the 3rd overall.

No 3rd overall IMO.

To Ottawa:
Weiss
Ballard
2010 2nd round pick

To Florida
Jason Spezza
Brian Lee

That's my guess.

Not good enough.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:OR!... this could all be Dung.

Also no way our first is going unless we're trading our 1st and getting back a much higher 1st.

Hey wait, that could be it. Laugh1

To Ottawa:
Weiss
Ballard
2010 2nd round pick
2010 1st round pick (3rd overall)

To Florida
Jason Spezza
Brian Lee
2010 1st round pick (16th overall)

It's like I typed it myself. Dumb Hoax: Former Sens insider says Spezza is gone! - Page 2 49849

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

No 3rd overall IMO.

To Ottawa:
Weiss
Ballard
2010 2nd round pick

To Florida
Jason Spezza
Brian Lee

That's my guess.

Not good enough.

Weiss had 60 points with a crap Florida team and Ballard's a stud puck mover...plus the 34th overall pick. You don't like that?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When did Ballard become a stud puck-mover? He's more defensive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum