GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+30
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
M_Christopher
Bramlet07
SensGal
sens4win
Spirou
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
LethalLehner
SensHulk
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Riprock
Urkie
Flo The Action
PKC
Ev
CockRoche
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
TheAvatar
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 66  Next

Pittsburgh @ Ottawa, April 20th, 2010

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_lcap29%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_lcap20%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_lcap236%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 66]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think losing either Smith or Winch in place of Dono or Cheech isn't going to be a dramatic series changing type of move. I don't think it would hurt us though. Definitely get Shannon out of there at least. After that...meh.

I'd even consider taking Foligno out and having Winchester Center Ruutu and Neil and play Kelly on Fishers RW.

Sounds good except for Clouston's infatuation with the Ruutu, Kelly, Neil line is quite strong and can you blame him after the game 1 performance?

My infatuation with wanting to win might have clouded my memory. GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 18 105237

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

In my mind this series is over. It feels about as futile as when we were swept by the Pens (and we're out 3 top players just as before). The way this team deflates on a Penguins goal (like Ponikarovsky's) makes me think they're too fragile to pull this off as well.

It doesn't seem to matter what we do or how well Elliott plays, Crosby/Malkin will find a way to burn us.

Hoping for the best tonight, but it's tough to be optmistic.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:In my mind this series is over. It feels about as futile as when we were swept by the Pens (and we're out 3 top players just as before). The way this team deflates on a Penguins goal (like Ponikarovsky's) makes me think they're too fragile to pull this off as well.

It doesn't seem to matter what we do or how well Elliott plays, Crosby/Malkin will find a way to burn us.

I think that's a load of crap perpetuated by Elliott-hating members of the media. Basically trying to pin the loss on him when there are so many opportunities for improvement and adjustments throughout the lineup.

Crosby and Malkin haven't had to "find a way" to burn us because it's been a free pass for them so far.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:In my mind this series is over. It feels about as futile as when we were swept by the Pens (and we're out 3 top players just as before). The way this team deflates on a Penguins goal (like Ponikarovsky's) makes me think they're too fragile to pull this off as well.

I think that's a load of crap perpetuated by Elliott-hating members of the media. Basically trying to pin the loss on him when there are so many opportunities for improvement and adjustments throughout the lineup.

Crosby and Malkin haven't had to "find a way" to burn us because it's been a free pass for them so far.

Exactly. Both of them have had their opportunities gift wrapped for them.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Oh man, u gotta keep the faith! Don't kid yourself, this is not the 2008 senators. I have faith in Clouston, so we still got a pretty darn good shot. The media is also just brown-nosing everything Crosby related and desperately want to see the pens advance, so they can hype up a potential showdown between him and Ovie again. So they make it seem like the penguins are completely manhandling us....newsflash: they're not! The media can go Diddle themselves, this series isn't over

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Macro keys to victory:

1 - Finish EVERY check like you're trying to plant the guy in the 200 level.

2 - Clear the front of the net, hit when it's appropriate, and take away time and space

3 - If there's a break down and a sure goal about to happen take the damn penalty to prevent the goal.

4 - Finally - Do what was done to Crosby all his career (outside of games 2 and 3) in Ottawa and hold him off the score sheet. No it's not way easier said than done. No it's not impossible as the media would have you believe that Crosby is god like and nothing you can do will stop his strength of will and determination. The Sens have a history of stopping him - Just look at the game tape, lather, rinse, repeat.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's simple... no goals for Crosby = SENS WIN!

Make it so.

Wink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I will admit I had zero faith yesterday and I was steaming mad after basically throwing away a golden opportunity to go up in this series.

I think the Sens have the ability to win this series and the question now is do they show up and serve notice or do they put forth another pathetic performance like in game 3?

I will say this: I do not subscribe to the notion that the Penguins are just an incredibly better team with the two best players "finding ways" to will themselves to victory. I don't think the Penguins win this series by being the better team and just flat out dominating the Senators.

I think if the Sens lose this series it will be because they gave it away.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:It's simple... no goals for Crosby = SENS WIN!

Make it so.

Wink

It is simple and it can very easily be done as the Sens have shown through out Crosby's entire career. 2 regular season goals vs. the Sens in his career tells me the Sens know what to do. The question is will they actually do it?

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Alfie the only Sen not skating this morning.

http://twitter.com/TSN_Wally/status/12519276768

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cheechoo skating on a line with Winch and Smith.

http://twitter.com/TSN_Wally/status/12519557456

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not a fan of Cheechoo, but this is his time. I thought he'd be in for game one, I was rather surprised he wasn't.

No harm in doing a 2 for 1 and putting Donovan in there as well. Perhaps let Smith watch one game from the press box and then act accordingly?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Cheechoo skating on a line with Winch and Smith.

http://twitter.com/TSN_Wally/status/12519557456

Nice. Tonight would be a great time for Cheechoo to miss the post but hit the back of the net. Lalalala

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Not a fan of Cheechoo, but this is his time. I thought he'd be in for game one, I was rather surprised he wasn't.

No harm in doing a 2 for 1 and putting Donovan in there as well. Perhaps let Smith watch one game from the press box and then act accordingly?

I wouldn't mind seeing that. Two playoff vets in for Shannon and Smith sounds good to me.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

So how many posts/crossbars will Cheech hit tonight ? Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:So how many posts/crossbars will Cheech hit tonight ? Laugh1

As long as he aims for the post, he should be fine and dandy.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:So how many posts/crossbars will Cheech hit tonight ? Laugh1

How many times will the media get a hard on when they say the word Crosby? Laugh1

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the thing that disappoints me the most is that we're letting a shaky goalie off the hook game in and game out. He hasn't had to make more than a couple of big saves the entire 3 games. Meanwhile, the Pens are camping out in front of Elliott and making him look like a rookie.

If we don't get to the net and get in Fleury's kitchen, we'll regret it for a long time. The next team to play the Pens will light him up like an X-mas tree - why don't we?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum