GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST

+25
Phoenix30
Flo The Action
SensGal
CockRoche
M_Christopher
beerandsens
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
PTFlea
LethalLehner
TheAvatar
sens4win
asq2
shabbs
Ev
SDH89
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Riprock
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Pittsburgh @ Ottawa April 18, 2010

GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 23 Vote_lcap20%GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 23 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 23 Vote_lcap233%GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 23 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 3 ]
GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 23 Vote_lcap233%GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 23 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 3 ]
GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 23 Vote_lcap20%GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 23 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 30]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

3rd and 4th Pens goals were breakaways after a domination in the PEns zone. Hurts.

Big Ev wrote:Yes, star players get star treatment (it's the same in every pro sports league), but that is not the reason why teams win or lose games.

I 'm not blaming Spezza on us being down 2-0. He can't do everything himself, we just don't have the depth that we did a few weeks ago. Spezza is not elite like Crosby or Malkin, nobody has ever said that, but he can still be the franchise centre going forward. He is not the reason why we haven't won anything during his tenure.

Are you nuts? People in Ottawa say that ALL time! Point is nothing will ever be won with any team Spezza is on, his teams lose. Tonight is a perfect example of him contributing to that.

Not doing it all himself? Maybe he should try passing the puck, chipping it in, something that actually involves him not trying to do it all himself. Once again, something doesnt go his way he shuts it down completely and is totally useless. He's gone back from just not producing but costing The Sens on the defensive end again.

Spezza isnt THE reason the Sens are down 2-1, he's is defently the biggest problem.

Big Ev wrote:but I think it's complete BS to say Spezza has no heart...I hear this all the time about a variety of players, but who are we to judge the heart of a player? It's not like he's a selfish player, he wants to help out his teammates and does too much sometimes.

Umm yes he is, always has been. It's showing again. Who are we to judge his heart? You mean the paying fans who pay is over priced contract? Yeah, we can judge and that's the reason he wasnt on Team Canada, hell, he wasnt even a consideration.

He's a career loser, biggest one in The NHL, bar none, at every level.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Yes, star players get star treatment (it's the same in every pro sports league), but that is not the reason why teams win or lose games.

I 'm not blaming Spezza on us being down 2-0. He can't do everything himself, we just don't have the depth that we did a few weeks ago. Spezza is not elite like Crosby or Malkin, nobody has ever said that, but he can still be the franchise centre going forward. He is not the reason why we haven't won anything during his tenure.

That's not true at all. Star players don't get preferential treatment in the NFL or MLB. The only two professional sports leagues with preferential treatment for its players are the NBA and NHL.
One's always gonna have the referee gambling fiasco hanging over its head (NBA) and the other doesn't appear to be too far behind (NHL).

Star pitchers get easier strikes, star batters like Pujols get easier balls, etc...NFL? Star receivers always get the easy calls and CB's always get cheap penalties called on them when they stop a star receiver from making a catch/TD. It's not as bad since it isn't an up and down game like hockey or basketball, but there is still star treatment.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:but I think it's complete BS to say Spezza has no heart...I hear this all the time about a variety of players, but who are we to judge the heart of a player? It's not like he's a selfish player, he wants to help out his teammates and does too much sometimes.

Umm yes he is, always has been. It's showing again. Who are we to judge his heart? You mean the paying fans who pay is over priced contract? Yeah, we can judge and that's the reason he wasnt on Team Canada, hell, he wasnt even a consideration.

If Spezza is selfish, why is it that we are always on him to shoot more? Selfish players want goals, not assists...

Big Ev wrote:
N4L wrote:

If Spezza is selfish, why is it that we are always on him to shoot more? Selfish players want goals, not assists...

WTF? This might be the dumbest comment I have ever heard from you, and that's saying A LOT. you have to have a learning disability, no other way you can possibly be this ignorant.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
N4L wrote:

WTF? This might be the dumbest comment I have ever heard from you, and that's saying A LOT. you have to have a learning disability, no other way you can possibly be this ignorant.

No seriously, I want a real response. Why do you think he is a selfish player? Because he turns the puck over a lot and doesn't get in the dirty areas?

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

The team needs soem energy and a kick start. Its time to put donovan and cheechoo in. Both guys will bring the energy as they have something to prove. Shannon needs to sit and Neil needs to drop the hammer on anyone.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

plus, I see you didn't mention that Spezza was sticking up for teammates and getting in some rough scrums all night

Besides slamming his stick on the ice after a shift, bailing on hits, and not doing the things needed to win games as the highest paid player in franchise history. Him not living up to a minute portion of the responsiblity he has makes him selfish, his BS "give it to me, Ill do it myself" attitude when he isnt anywhere near good enough to also makes him selfish.

Just because the guy is a "play maker" doesnt make him any less or more selfish. What I saw tonight was disgusting and I pretty much gave up any hope (little of what I had) of him turning into something special. He's not a leader, he's not an elite tallent, he's nothing special. He's a guy that makes his money and is just fine doing the bar minimum needed.

Another 2 games like this from him getting those kind of mins, the series is over and potentially his career as an Ottawa Senator.

Big Ev wrote:plus, I see you didn't mention that Spezza was sticking up for teammates and getting in some rough scrums all night

Are you kidding me? He was barly involved, he was in 1 scrum where he got punched in the face and was forced to responde.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:The team needs soem energy and a kick start. Its time to put donovan and cheechoo in. Both guys will bring the energy as they have something to prove. Shannon needs to sit and Neil needs to drop the hammer on anyone.

Don't think energy is the problem at all. Our 3rd and 4th lines outplay them ridiculously and they have Jordan Staal. There's a reason he's been invisible in 3 games.

Crosby and Malkin are killing Ottawa, and there's nothing our bottom lines can do about that, especially when they're called for elbowing when they put a solid check on.

Spezza needs to put his Dung together, especially when Regin is playing sooo well. I'll wait til the series is over to talk aobut his future here but right now I'd ship his Donkey out of town in a second. Don't htink he's selfish, but he's just not tough enough mentally and physically for playoff battles.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:AT least Regin is developping as a 1st line player. I think he already is.

I've been really impressed with Regin. If he keeps his performance up I think he is going to make another top 6 expendable. ????

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still don't think we should be Dung on the guy for getting shut down by a good team. Heck, Eric Staal has won a cup and he and his team couldn't even win 1 game in the playoffs vs the Pens last season. But at least you gave valid points.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not that Spezza is bad, it's that the Penguins are double shifting him and Alfredsson because they're our only threats. Against Crosby, Spezza looks horrible - and he is, Crosby's in a universe of his own, but make no mistake, the Pens are shutting Spezza down like it's going out of style. They're owning him and he's not anywhere near as good as guys like Kane, Crosby, Malkin etc.

Really depressing game, looks like we have zero chance. Hope I'm wrong.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:The team needs soem energy and a kick start. Its time to put donovan and cheechoo in. Both guys will bring the energy as they have something to prove. Shannon needs to sit and Neil needs to drop the hammer on anyone.

Don't think energy is the problem at all. Our 3rd and 4th lines outplay them ridiculously and they have Jordan Staal. There's a reason he's been invisible in 3 games.

Crosby and Malkin are killing Ottawa, and there's nothing our bottom lines can do about that, especially when they're called for elbowing when they put a solid check on.

Spezza needs to put his Dung together, especially when Regin is playing sooo well. I'll wait til the series is over to talk aobut his future here but right now I'd ship his Donkey out of town in a second. Don't htink he's selfish, but he's just not tough enough mentally and physically for playoff battles.

The energy level isn't were it should be. They should have pushed it higher and in both games 2 and 3. CC made it clear after game 2 that the Sens did not play desperate enough. I'd say that is the case again tonight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Whatever, guys like Regin, Karlsson, Elliott and Clouston need the experience. This will only help in future years. What else can you say?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
The energy level isn't were it should be. They should have pushed it higher and in both games 2 and 3. CC made it clear after game 2 that the Sens did not play desperate enough. I'd say that is the case again tonight.

Me too. We have the team that should be hitting everything that moves and yet we're letting Pittsburgh dictate the flow on our home ice.

Not impressed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum