GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+21
Ev
sens4win
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
Spirou
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
SensGal
PKC
SensHulk
PTFlea
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 17]

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Nothing to be ashamed of tonight, that was just Crosby being Crosby.

OK, that Gold Medal winning goal -- I'm so over it now. I can go back to hating that little momma's boy with the funny lips now. I can get back to normal ... for me.

Now, on the first goal Spezza blew it. On the second one, much better, but Crosby still found a way. Can't blame Spezza for that, at least not nearly as much as on the first one. Still, he needs to do even more. Maybe there is a certain progression here, and next time he'll cross check him across the windpipe, as has been suggested Smile Or simply use his size to pin Sid against the boards.

Now, imagine if the refs had done what they did when Talbot fell down in G1. Crosby would have a 5 and a game and this series would be 2-0. But it's not, so what. Best of 5 now, and both teams have lost a forward.

Leopold's a defenceman, or did I miss something GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 15 105237

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sens4win wrote:you mean one forward and one D, also i feel the same way about crosby liked in the olympics but once it was penguins vs sens in playoffs i cant like him, i want sutton to destroy him personally then we will see the real pens,

Oops. Sorry, the way he was skating so recklessly with Mt. Sutton out there I never thought it could have been a defenseman -- they're way smarter than the forwards. I completely forgot it was Leopold. He's one of their puck movers, ain't he? How many does that leave them? Maybe someone can test Gonchar's knee again.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I thought Sutton's hit should have warranted a charging minor if anything, but it was a sick hit!

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
sens4win wrote:you mean one forward and one D, also i feel the same way about crosby liked in the olympics but once it was penguins vs sens in playoffs i cant like him, i want sutton to destroy him personally then we will see the real pens,

Oops. Sorry, the way he was skating so recklessly with Mt. Sutton out there I never thought it could have been a defenseman -- they're way smarter than the forwards. I completely forgot it was Leopold. He's one of their puck movers, ain't he? How many does that leave them? Maybe someone can test Gonchar's knee again.
another reason i thought we should have won, pens were left to play with 5 Dman the whole game some players having to play a lot more minutes then they did in the first game, i agree lets go see sutton throw his 250 6'5 at some more key players Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Leopold is a hybrid offensive/defensive d-man. They still have Gonchar, Goligoski, and Letang for offense.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

TSN's article headline called it an elbow. They have edited the title to read "big hit" but still call the hit an elbow throughout. Maybe it was, but the guys on CBC certainly didn't call it that, so I figured it wasn't obvious enough to state so blatently. I really don't care what they say/think, as long as it doesn't add up to a suspension for the big guy.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm more convinced than ever that we can beat these guys. Home ice advantage is going to be huge for us on Sunday.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

What a game. I really enjoyed it and felt it should have been over with sooner. If someone was driving the net Crosby would not have the chance to clear it. My only two concerns were driving the net more and covering the points. Sorry gotta agree with Cherry on that one. At least get in the lanes and block those shots. Overall we can stand toe to toe with them and now we just need to take both home games.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
Dash wrote:Ruutu probably sold that but come one thats still a crosscheck from behind into the boards. The average guy would get 5 and a game plus a suspension.

It was basically the same as the Kaleta dive that Fisher got kicked out for. I love Ruutu, but can't defend him here.

That was bad karma. Sadly, it was also the most creative play in the offensive zone for the Sens all night. If they can get Fisher rolling, the Sens will win the series.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:I thought Sutton's hit should have warranted a charging minor if anything, but it was a sick hit!

You're right, but so would about 65 other hits in the game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if you want a good laugh, go to thepensblog.com and read their comment section!

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Anyone know the reporter that Sutton got into it with after the game?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:I thought Sutton's hit should have warranted a charging minor if anything, but it was a sick hit!

"So you're an expert? ... Are you an expert? No, you're not an expert?"

Last edited by wprager on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

beerandsens wrote:TSN's article headline called it an elbow. They have edited the title to read "big hit" but still call the hit an elbow throughout. Maybe it was, but the guys on CBC certainly didn't call it that, so I figured it wasn't obvious enough to state so blatently. I really don't care what they say/think, as long as it doesn't add up to a suspension for the big guy.

He hit him in the head with his elbow, but the elbow was not up so, by the rules, it was a clean hit. He came at him from the front, so the new rules on head shots on unsuspecting players don't apply. Of course I'd be furious if that was a hit on a Sens player.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Laughing3 That guy was an idiot. Sutton DID NOT get his elbow UP.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:
wprager wrote:

Laughing3 That guy was an idiot. Sutton DID NOT get his elbow UP.

Actually, he had his elbow down. If he had it up then Leopold would be recovering from armpit fumes inhalation instead of temporal distortion.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, it IS the Pitty city.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Well, it IS the Pitty city.

I am not a fan of puns. I almost gave you a - for that. I'll have to think of another punishment ....

... got it. You now have to read this: http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/11990.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum