GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+21
Ev
sens4win
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
Spirou
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
SensGal
PKC
SensHulk
PTFlea
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I thought Sutton's hit should have warranted a charging minor if anything, but it was a sick hit!

"So you're an expert? ... Are you an expert? No, you're not an expert?"

Laughing3 That guy was an idiot. Sutton DID NOT get his elbow UP.

Actually, he had his elbow down. If he had it up then Leopold would be recovering from armpit fumes inhalation instead of temporal distortion.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Well, it IS the Pitty city.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Well, it IS the Pitty city.

I am not a fan of puns. I almost gave you a - for that. I'll have to think of another punishment ....

... got it. You now have to read this: http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/11990.htm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Laughing3 those were great!!!

Apparently the reporter who asked the stupid question to Sutton is Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Gazette. I thought it was a guy from Sportsnet though, but a lot of sites are saying it is Ray. I say we all e-mail this Ray guy and ask him if he's an expert?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's the audio, in case anyone's missed it:
http://www.post-gazette.com/downloads/20100417penguins.mp3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's no direct e-mail link available for Fittipaldo, but here's the web form to e-mail their sports department:
http://biz.post-gazette.com/contact/comments_form.aspx?ID=39

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:What a game. I really enjoyed it and felt it should have been over with sooner. If someone was driving the net Crosby would not have the chance to clear it. My only two concerns were driving the net more and covering the points. Sorry gotta agree with Cherry on that one. At least get in the lanes and block those shots. Overall we can stand toe to toe with them and now we just need to take both home games.

What about the paucity of offensive chances?!?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

They laid an egg offensively last night. Good defensive play (except for Letang's goal) and Elliott was great but they couldn't muster any sort of pressure in the Pens' zone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I told you - no poll for me to vote against - they lose

We should fix that then.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:There's no direct e-mail link available for Fittipaldo, but here's the web form to e-mail their sports department:
http://biz.post-gazette.com/contact/comments_form.aspx?ID=39
to me it's pretty clear that fitti was trying to lay a trap(a very obvious trap) so that the NHL had some sort of space to lay him away for a game.
now the NHL has called it a clean hit. i think it was. leopold has his head down and was crouching. now sutton being a giant, of course his arm was head high... what do you want him to do? get down on his knees to inflict a hit?

the biggest impact this hit will have is for the fact that i'm sure a few pens player are gonna be a little more careful around the rink. giving us an advantage.
god bless sutton NotWorthy . now i believe we can win this series. let's take the next couple Cheering

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle, this is becoming a classic already.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

who's the fool! i love the way the reporter eats up his words.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

i wasn't sold ythe way you were when BM went out to get this guy but i'm such a believer now. if the guy was 5 years younger i'd say he's more of a priority to re-sign then volchie. i think he's making a case for himself to make it impossible for BM to make him an offer. terrific job mister sutton, terrific job RocknRoll

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I hope Sutton lines up Crosby and Malkin next game too.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

So do I, but Sutton wasn't great in Game 1 - and aside from that hit in Game 2, he wasn't amazing. He needs to get back to 'nasty'. I'm sure now he will, he looked so intense against that tool reporter. GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 16 270956

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:So do I, but Sutton wasn't great in Game 1 - and aside from that hit in Game 2, he wasn't amazing. He needs to get back to 'nasty'. I'm sure now he will, he looked so intense against that tool reporter. GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 16 270956
on a great team he's a 5th D-man. i don't expect him to be one of our top guy but re-sign for 2 mill x 2. i think he's aware of the upsides of his game. he also looks hungry to win. attitude that is greatly needed in all dressing rooms.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:So do I, but Sutton wasn't great in Game 1 - and aside from that hit in Game 2, he wasn't amazing. He needs to get back to 'nasty'. I'm sure now he will, he looked so intense against that tool reporter. GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 16 270956

I'm not quite sure how you quantify 'amazing' for a defensive defenseman.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:I hope Sutton lines up Crosby and Malkin next game too.
Laugh1 one pens per game... then they'll start bitting their nails.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum