GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalev has Torn ACL

+12
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
Riprock
SDH89
caissie_1
Devo
rooneypoo
wprager
sens4win
dennycrane
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:24 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Kovalev is this year's Hasek. It's surprisingly apt considering he hasn't done much since the Olympics too. And now a return to hockey altogether is a question mark as well.

32Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:32 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

caissie_1 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:this may be stupid but bear with me if kovalev intends to retire it is possible to put him on waivers and when he passes into the minors retire and would that not take his cap hit off the books?

What did the Ducks do with S. Neidermayer... Did his hit count even when he was unsure of his future?

Niedermayer's contract kicked in before he turned 25.

33Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:34 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bass Destruction wrote:Kovalev is this year's Hasek. It's surprisingly apt considering he hasn't done much since the Olympics too. And now a return to hockey altogether is a question mark as well.

He's got company, there, with Kuba. Kuba went to the Olympics to play for the Czech Republic and suffered a season-ending (as it turns out) injury.

34Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

meh... wasn't much of a force when he was in the line-up. maybe some players will see this as a chance to cut themselves a place on the top 6.

35Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:meh... wasn't much of a force when he was in the line-up. maybe some players will see this as a chance to cut themselves a place on the top 6.

Agreed. His 50 points will be missed, but it's either the FFS line FTW or Cheechoo rides shotgun with Fisher and Folingo or Cullen moves up.

36Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:49 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I've noticed Cheechoo's name on a few threads. It would be nice to see him earn some of his dough, but I don't see it happening.

37Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:I've noticed Cheechoo's name on a few threads. It would be nice to see him earn some of his dough, but I don't see it happening.
He'll get a chance... he'll be called up once the regular season ends and there is no more waiver wire.

38Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

OMG, Foligno-Fisher-Cheechoo might be one of the hardest working lines out there lol. Maybe not the most productive, but definitely got the heart.

Cheechoo has no qualms about going in the dirty areas, so you might put him with the finesse guys. We have a lot of options believe it or not. Sure, Kovalev might have made a difference in the playoffs, but we will never know for sure now.

39Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The6thSen latest blog: Kovalev finally goes on a tear. Facepalm

40Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The6thSen latest blog: Kovalev finally goes on a tear. Facepalm
Drums

too soon?

41Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's the deal, though? Has he been playing with the injury and just decided to shut it down now?

42Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:What's the deal, though? Has he been playing with the injury and just decided to shut it down now?

Got a good deal on a surgery.

43Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess we're not going to see something like this any time soon. Pity.