GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONFIRMED by Detroit: Franzen out 4-6 months with torn ACL

+5
PKC
shabbs
asq2
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=501653

Holy cow, that's harsh.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Who's the poor sucker who took this guy in the pool? CONFIRMED by Detroit: Franzen out 4-6 months with torn ACL 455378

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CONFIRMED by Detroit: Franzen out 4-6 months with torn ACL 428331

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think the Brad May signing now speaks for itself... yes.

Tough break for the Wings.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Tough break for Detroit...they might not even have any top 6 wingers left before the end of the season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk wrote:Who's the poor sucker who took this guy in the pool? CONFIRMED by Detroit: Franzen out 4-6 months with torn ACL 455378

SpezD himself. I wonder if he knows. I didn't see a "Diddle this will kill me in the pool" comment.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I think the Brad May signing now speaks for itself... yes.

@Shabbs>what does the Brad May signing have to do with this?

---

From ESPN:

Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen has suffered a torn ACL and will be out for at least four months, the team announced Friday.

Franzen was injured in Thursday night's 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks, a game in which Franzen scored the game-winning goal during the second period.

"It's a huge impact because he's a huge player for us," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun on Friday. "But like I always say when things don't look good, we just have to find a way. Somebody will get an opportunity now."

It wasn't clear from the Wings' announcement at what point in the game Franzen was hurt.

Full text, and comment here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4546483
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4546659&name=lebrun_pierre

---

You hate to see this happen to any hockey player...and doesn't it seem we've seen an unusual number of players injured early this season?

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:Who's the poor sucker who took this guy in the pool? CONFIRMED by Detroit: Franzen out 4-6 months with torn ACL 455378

SpezD himself. I wonder if he knows. I didn't see a "Diddle this will kill me in the pool" comment.

I know that, that's why I said it CONFIRMED by Detroit: Franzen out 4-6 months with torn ACL 455378

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I bet the Red Wings are going to be missing Hudler more now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk wrote:
wprager wrote:

I know that, that's why I said it CONFIRMED by Detroit: Franzen out 4-6 months with torn ACL 455378

Oops, I missed the smiley.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

More playing time for Big Bert and Eaves.

wprager wrote:More playing time for Big Bert and Eaves.

Bert wont be seeing anymore time then he already is...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:

Absolutely nothing. Get it?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Absolutely nothing. Get it?

you pulled a fast one on DTR, you trickster you CONFIRMED by Detroit: Franzen out 4-6 months with torn ACL 78253

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Leino rookie of the year CONFIRMED CONFIRMED by Detroit: Franzen out 4-6 months with torn ACL 455378

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum