GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalev has Torn ACL

+12
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
Riprock
SDH89
caissie_1
Devo
rooneypoo
wprager
sens4win
dennycrane
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Kovalev has Torn MCL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:08 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Torn MCL, surgery ends season for Kovalev (via Kukla's Korner).

2Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:13 am

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wow huge blow,

3Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Damn, I was wrong.

4Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Two years ago we lost Alfie and Fisher in the penultimate game of the season. I think next year we should just forfeit game #81.

5Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wait, I just checked KK. This was from a tweet by habsinsideout1. How reliable is that "source"?

6Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:24 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I knew this would happen. As the temperature rose in that game versus Tampa, I kept thinking, 'this is not the time of year to play this kind of game, we have bigger and better things to worry about, and we don't need any big injuries going into the postseason.'

What a stupid waste.

7Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:24 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Wait, I just checked KK. This was from a tweet by habsinsideout1. How reliable is that "source"?

Sportsnet just confirmed.

8Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Never mind, it's also been tweeted by Mendes, Brennan and others. Torn ACL and a bone bruise. From what? That hit didn't look bad at all.

9Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:28 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

One thing this confirms, tho', if it wasn't already patently obviously to everyone long ago: BM absolutely made the right moves bringing in an extra top 6er and top-4 D. With Kuba and Kovalev down going into the playoffs, we'd be in deep poo if we didn't have Sutton and Cullen as replacements.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

10Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

As did TSN

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317465

On another note, had breakfast with a person on the inside and they suggested Kovalev may opt to retire. There is a belief that while the team isn't announcing it, there is concern that the MCL may also be torn.

If anyone on here has a medical degree or has more knowledge then they can correct me, but of the two injuries the ACL tends to be worse because the blood supply to the knee and ligament come from within the ligament not around it as the MCL does.

The issue appears to surround the fact that Kovalev will not be able to train this summer as he'll have to wait the 3 to 4 months to recover from the surgery before training. As a result it will likely be mid August at best before he can start his off ice training, which means he won't be ready for the season.

11Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:36 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Huh. That's interesting.

At first I thought, "neat, we'll spend that money on keeping Cullen and Sutton."

Then I realized, if Kovalev retires, we keep his cap hit.

This would doubly suck.

12Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If he retires the cap hit remains! They'd be better off keeping him on the LTIR like the Flyers did (are doing?) with Hatcher and Rathje, and hope they can get cap relief.

Plus he could then become our March deadline "acquisition" next season.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

13Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I wasn't aware that we kept his cap hit...hopefully Murray is smart and keeps Kovalev from Retiring and puts him on LTIR.

Don't know how that would work..

14Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:00 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Thank god Michalek's injury wasnt more serious...

15Kovalev has Torn ACL Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:01 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

This sucks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum