GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalev has Torn ACL

+12
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
Riprock
SDH89
caissie_1
Devo
rooneypoo
wprager
sens4win
dennycrane
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I wasn't aware that we kept his cap hit...hopefully Murray is smart and keeps Kovalev from Retiring and puts him on LTIR.

Don't know how that would work..

17Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:00 pm

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

Thank god Michalek's injury wasnt more serious...

18Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:01 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

This sucks

19Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:37 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

It's too bad, but frankly, Cullen belongs on the second line w/Fisher and Michalek. He has been better than Kovalev lately. You then have your Kelly/Ruutu/Neil line as #3 and Foligno/Winchester/whomever.

I think it's time to start hoping for New Jersey to fall though.

20Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well that sucks - the enigma that floats in the regular season and we had all hoped to see at his best in the playoffs and come up clutch for us will have to wait another year, if he is still around.

21Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:42 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Well that sucks - the enigma that floats in the regular season and we had all hoped to see at his best in the playoffs and come up clutch for us will have to wait another year, if he is still around.

I think he's done in Ottawa! His injury will take a long time to recover, he migth take the season off then comme back one last year in Montreal?

Maybe he does comme back in december next year doh!

22Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Damn...

23Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

so if he they only way we can get cap relief is if he is put on the ltir even if he is done due to injury?

24Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:01 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:so if he they only way we can get cap relief is if he is put on the ltir even if he is done due to injury?

Well if he is done do to injury im guessing he will be placed on LTIR?

25Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

that both sucks and blows

26Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

this may be stupid but bear with me if kovalev intends to retire it is possible to put him on waivers and when he passes into the minors retire and would that not take his cap hit off the books?

27Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:09 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:this may be stupid but bear with me if kovalev intends to retire it is possible to put him on waivers and when he passes into the minors retire and would that not take his cap hit off the books?

What did the Ducks do with S. Neidermayer... Did his hit count even when he was unsure of his future?

28Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:this may be stupid but bear with me if kovalev intends to retire it is possible to put him on waivers and when he passes into the minors retire and would that not take his cap hit off the books?

I was literally just coming here to post that. As his retirement is ready to be announced, you waive him to minors, he clears obviously, then he announces his retirement and doesn't show up to Bingo and you suspend him indefinitely (without pay).

Diddle, this really sucks that he's injured. What a ridiculous shame.

29Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

"People come back and play but it's a hard project and as you get up in your career it's more difficult"-Bryan Murray re Kovalev surgery

Wow. Long term IR coming for Kovalev I think. That's my initial reaction to that.

30Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:44 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

He's go 10 more points until he reaches 1,000. You'd think he'd want to come back and hit that milestone.

31Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:24 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Kovalev is this year's Hasek. It's surprisingly apt considering he hasn't done much since the Olympics too. And now a return to hockey altogether is a question mark as well.

32Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

caissie_1 wrote:

What did the Ducks do with S. Neidermayer... Did his hit count even when he was unsure of his future?

Niedermayer's contract kicked in before he turned 25.

33Kovalev has Torn ACL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalev has Torn ACL Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bass Destruction wrote:Kovalev is this year's Hasek. It's surprisingly apt considering he hasn't done much since the Olympics too. And now a return to hockey altogether is a question mark as well.

He's got company, there, with Kuba. Kuba went to the Olympics to play for the Czech Republic and suffered a season-ending (as it turns out) injury.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum