GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Lee re-signed by Sens for 2 years

+11
LeCaptain
wprager
Flo The Action
PKC
ddt
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
sens4win
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Brian Lee re-signed by Sens for 2 years Empty Brian Lee re-signed by Sens for 2 years Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=313056

This is in the General Hockey Talk, but it's a Sens announcement, so it's thread worthy. If you're looking for analysis or anything from me, don't, I don't get the move. I hope it doesn't get in the way of us possibly re-signing Sutton or making room for someone good back there next year.

I'm actually baffled, but I trust Murray completely obviously.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm thinking this move is just made out of desperation in case Volchenkov doesn't re-sign. To me, the only sure thing is that this signals the end of Campoli after this season in Ottawa.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I'm thinking this move is just made out of desperation in case Volchenkov doesn't re-sign. To me, the only sure thing is that this signals the end of Campoli after this season in Ottawa.

If Murray was that desperate, Volchenkov should have been dealt. Doesn't Lee qualify as the kind of "depth move" everyone loves so dearly?

'Depth move' for sure. I'd expect Sutton to re-sign if Volch goes. Sutton my even still stay meaning Cowen would play in Bingo next year

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:I'm thinking this move is just made out of desperation in case Volchenkov doesn't re-sign. To me, the only sure thing is that this signals the end of Campoli after this season in Ottawa.

If Murray was that desperate, Volchenkov should have been dealt. Doesn't Lee qualify as the kind of "depth move" everyone loves so dearly?

Depends on the contract too, but I can't see Lee agreeing to a two way deal again. This deal to me makes zero sense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I might like Sutton more than Volchenkov.

I'll go duck and cover now! Brian Lee re-signed by Sens for 2 years 359747

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I might like Sutton more than Volchenkov.

I'll go duck and cover now! Brian Lee re-signed by Sens for 2 years 359747

LOL 2 games over 7 years? let's hope sutton keeps up this play.

Well, there is no point in letting Lee go for nothing, plsu if he is dealt the team dealing for him is ensured that he is under contract for two years after this. Smart move, obviously they think he is some sort of an asset but I highly doubt there is a spot for him on Ottawa's blueline next year.

As for Sutton, I reallu hope they can get him under contract because the man is an absolute beast. He knows he's a monster and doesnt care.

Super interested to know if it is a one or two way deal... I cant see The Sens really signing him to a one way deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

Yeah, it was an almost immediate reaction. This guy is a tank, he's good positionally, he's a good passer, has a good shot and he Diddling clears the net like no one in Ottawa has done since Chara.

Sutton moves the puck really well and makes smart plays with it, not super surpirsed just very pleased with that ability.

Seriously, that guy looks like a top 4 D man right now and if Ottawa can lock him up 3 years between 7-8 mil, that would be an absolute steal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Yeah, it was an almost immediate reaction. This guy is a tank, he's good positionally, he's a good passer, has a good shot and he Diddling clears the net like no one in Ottawa has done since Chara.

I noticed Sutton is a pretty decent skater as well. Pleasant surprise there. Looked very nice on the power play.

Well, Ottawa has a ton of blueliners now, what was a weakness only a year ago has very much turned into the deepest part of the current Senators lineup, both youth and expierence.

Phillips, Kuba, Karlsson, Carkner, Lee, with Campoli being an RFA and hopefully the resigning of A Train and Sutton.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

I noticed Sutton is a pretty decent skater as well. Pleasant surprise there. Looked very nice on the power play.

Yeah, he's basically really good at everything, nothing flashy, but he's way more mobile than I thought, great shot. I like him a lot, this size sample would be enough for me to sit down with him and his agent and talk about a 2 X 2 extension (or less please!).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Sutton moves the puck really well and makes smart plays with it, not super surpirsed just very pleased with that ability.

Seriously, that guy looks like a top 4 D man right now and if Ottawa can lock him up 3 years between 7-8 mil, that would be an absolute steal.

You might even get him for less because he's 35. 2 million for 2 years please!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum