GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens

+7
Sens19
PTFlea
caissie_1
jamvan
Riprock
shabbs
SensFan71
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Empty done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

The Ottawa Senators added more goaltending depth Thursday, officially signing Andy Chiodo to a contract.

The deal, anticipated for weeks, means the Senators will start the year with a netminding tandem of Chiodo and Mike Brodeur playing for Binghamton of the American Hockey League.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Senators+goaltending+depth/1912790/story.html

Good depth pickup I am certain for Bingo, guess that means Jeff Glass is out of a job.

SensFan71 wrote:The Ottawa Senators added more goaltending depth Thursday, officially signing Andy Chiodo to a contract.

The deal, anticipated for weeks, means the Senators will start the year with a netminding tandem of Chiodo and Mike Brodeur playing for Binghamton of the American Hockey League.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Senators+goaltending+depth/1912790/story.html

Good depth pickup I am certain for Bingo, guess that means Jeff Glass is out of a job.

No big deal with Glass. His biggest claim to fame was riding the coattails of the greatest jr. team ever assembled to gold. That team could have stapled a scarecrow to the net and won gold.

I, for one, won't miss Glass even a little bit.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

capgeek.com has it as a two-way (naturally) worth $500K.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, this guy at one time had huge potential... I must say, this could turn out very well someday.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Hasn't this guy been around the Sens org for awhile now? He's an AHL'er for sure.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Nothing to get happy about IMO... He will fill the void in Bingo that's about it!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I said, he had a lot of potential, obviously hasn't reached it, maybe never will. AHL starter or future franchise goalie, who knows... still think it is a good move.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

He's already 26... I dont think he will reach the potential but you never know could be a late bloomer!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

if he never gets out of the AHL, that is still okay by me, solidifies our goalie situation with the b-sens, am hoping so anyway, I don't know much about Brodeur, but have heard he will be a solid AHL goalie at least.

10done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Empty Re: done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great pickup for Bingo. Brodeur's easily the number one, so this is a great number two.

11done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Empty Re: done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:44 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

good depth move for bingo. I don't like Glass and any replacement for him is welcome

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

12done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Empty Re: done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just so there's no misunderstanding - there's NO chance that Chiodo can make the NHL. He tried and he's not good enough.

However, he's good enough to backup an AHL team. Or to take over if Brodeur needs to come up to Ottawa for an injury etc.

13done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Empty Re: done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

looking at his stats he wasnt even good enough for the KHL

" Dynamo Minsk of the Kontinental Hockey League, where he posted a 6-11-3 record with a 3.66 goals-against average in 26 games."***

not exactly good numbers but should be decent for bingo

****quote taken from http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/08/20/sens_signing/

14done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Empty Re: done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Who?

15done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Empty Re: done deal - Chiodo signed by the Sens Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:55 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Eeeesh, he doesn't sound very good, hopefully good enough for Bingo though...time will tell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum