GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Keller to two-way deal

+3
Riprock
SensFan71
shabbs
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TSN is reporting this signing.

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280576

The Ottawa Senators signed free-agent forward Ryan Keller to a one-year, two-way contract on Monday.

Keller spent the last two seasons playing for the Espoo Blues of the Finnish Elite League. In 54 games with the Blues last season, the 25-year-old led the team in goals (21), assists (34) and points (55). He also led the Blues with 22 goals and 44 points, in addition to a team-high plus-minus rating of 22 in his first season in Finland in 2007-08.

Prior playing in Finland, Keller played 70 professional games over parts of two seasons with the American Hockey League's Grand Rapids Griffins and Syracuse Crunch, recording 15 goals, 17 assists and 54 penalty minutes.

Keller spent his entire major junior career with his hometown Saskatoon Blades of the Western Hockey League. In four seasons, from 2001-05, Keller scored 120 goals and added 117 assists for 237 points in 257 games, while amassing 283 penalty minutes.

2Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:40 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

very smart by Murray, gave him options with the two way just in case Keller doesn't pan out, no word on the dollar figure yet? either way, we are coming out with a bonus player for cheap.

3Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Likely in the neighborhood of 500K to 800K.

4Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:09 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Likely in the neighborhood of 500K to 800K.

that is very good considering he is not subject to entry level deal criteria since he was never drafted right?

5Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:10 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not too sure on those details, but this is very similar to Winchester, and possibly Frogren.

6Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:14 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Not too sure on those details, but this is very similar to Winchester, and possibly Frogren.

well let's hope its not similar to the Frogren deal, wasn't that one deemed wrong or something was off about it according to the league office.

7Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

550K tops I would imagine. It took long enough for this announcement though. Smile

8Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:38 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:550K tops I would imagine. It took long enough for this announcement though. Smile

waiting for league approval perhaps, since the frogren deal that cost the leafs that 2nd round pick?

9Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:40 pm

N4L has me hopin big things for him. Lets hope he doesn't disappoint.

10Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Nothing bad I can say about this. Great job.

11Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:45 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

can't wait to see this guy show up in training camp, and like Mustache said, N4L is hyping this guy up to challenge for a spot right out of camp and to add to that myself, makes Comrie expendable, good bye Mike.

12Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
504Heater wrote:550K tops I would imagine. It took long enough for this announcement though. Smile

waiting for league approval perhaps, since the frogren deal that cost the leafs that 2nd round pick?

True enough.

13Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh wow...would I ever not be getting myself hyped up over this guy. It's a 2-way deal, meaning the Sens will likely start him off in Bingo. If he challenges for a spot, he'll have a season similar to Winchester I would imagine.

14Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:14 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:very smart by Murray, gave him options with the two way just in case Keller doesn't pan out, no word on the dollar figure yet? either way, we are coming out with a bonus player for cheap.

This is Keller's first NHL deal, which means it has to be 2-way. BM wasn't making any decisions here, just following standard NHL rules.

Same thing happened with Winchester, if you're looking for precedents. BM signed him to a 1-year, 2-way deal back in March of 2008 and then gave him one game. That burned away his 'entry-level' years (i.e., 25 and under). Then in May 2008 we signed him to another contract -- this one 2 years, 1-way -- and there we are.

Frogen's case is different, and an anomaly. The Leafs tried to treat him as a UFA, but the NHL ruled that, because he was once drafted, he was subject to the standard entry-level rules and contract. For their mistake, the Leafs had to cough up $500,000 and a 4th rounder.

15Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:can't wait to see this guy show up in training camp, and like Mustache said, N4L is hyping this guy up to challenge for a spot right out of camp and to add to that myself, makes Comrie expendable, good bye Mike.

Good bye Hilary ⭕

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum