GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Keller to two-way deal

+3
Riprock
SensFan71
shabbs
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Sens sign Keller to two-way deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:52 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh wow...would I ever not be getting myself hyped up over this guy. It's a 2-way deal, meaning the Sens will likely start him off in Bingo. If he challenges for a spot, he'll have a season similar to Winchester I would imagine.

17Sens sign Keller to two-way deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:14 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:very smart by Murray, gave him options with the two way just in case Keller doesn't pan out, no word on the dollar figure yet? either way, we are coming out with a bonus player for cheap.

This is Keller's first NHL deal, which means it has to be 2-way. BM wasn't making any decisions here, just following standard NHL rules.

Same thing happened with Winchester, if you're looking for precedents. BM signed him to a 1-year, 2-way deal back in March of 2008 and then gave him one game. That burned away his 'entry-level' years (i.e., 25 and under). Then in May 2008 we signed him to another contract -- this one 2 years, 1-way -- and there we are.

Frogen's case is different, and an anomaly. The Leafs tried to treat him as a UFA, but the NHL ruled that, because he was once drafted, he was subject to the standard entry-level rules and contract. For their mistake, the Leafs had to cough up $500,000 and a 4th rounder.

18Sens sign Keller to two-way deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:42 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:can't wait to see this guy show up in training camp, and like Mustache said, N4L is hyping this guy up to challenge for a spot right out of camp and to add to that myself, makes Comrie expendable, good bye Mike.

Good bye Hilary ⭕

19Sens sign Keller to two-way deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 am

I think there is still a place for Comrie if he drops WAY below his salary of last year. (which he should with 27 pts and a minus 15) He seems to have some type of kharma, we succeed when he is here, not sure why...

Comrie fits well at $1.5M but perhaps he won't limbo down that low. Perhaps that is unrealistic...

20Sens sign Keller to two-way deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:40 pm

504Heater wrote:Oh wow...would I ever not be getting myself hyped up over this guy. It's a 2-way deal, meaning the Sens will likely start him off in Bingo. If he challenges for a spot, he'll have a season similar to Winchester I would imagine.

Waaaaay more offensive than Winchester, its not even close. He is also a pretty fiesty guy. Dont be surprised if this guy makes the team out of camp.

I'm not hyping him up to be the next big thing in Ottawa, but will be provide more offense and grit, along with extra speed than a Comrie or a Zubov, 100% he will.

There are a number of spots open in Ottawa next year already, not to mention moves that may happen in the next month.

Keller is still a 5 year pro who probably wants this more than anyone in Bingo at this point.

21Sens sign Keller to two-way deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Keller to two-way deal Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Waaaaay more offensive than Winchester, its not even close. He is also a pretty fiesty guy. Dont be surprised if this guy makes the team out of camp.

I'm not hyping him up to be the next big thing in Ottawa, but will be provide more offense and grit, along with extra speed than a Comrie or a Zubov, 100% he will.

There are a number of spots open in Ottawa next year already, not to mention moves that may happen in the next month.

Keller is still a 5 year pro who probably wants this more than anyone in Bingo at this point.

Definitely a good signing - no risk - like a free 3rd rounder with 2nd round potential. I'm very happy and the way you wrote that paragraph is a little more like the way I look at this. He can be a player in the NHL, it's over to him now. If the offense comes at either the AHL or NHL level, that's a huge plus, we're just gonna need him to be good defensively and a hard player to play against.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum