GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

+20
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
caissie_1
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
AlfieisGod11
M_Christopher
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 22 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 28]

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Russia and Sweden have not looked good either. Heck, no one team has been looking great besides the Americans.

The Czechs and Finns have been fantastic too. Even Slovakia has been damn impressive.

marakh wrote:Anyways, I actually liked the way they played tonight. Except from the 2 goofs on defense and Brodeur. Didn't exactly get what Babcock was trying to do tonight, but if Pronger and Niedermayer start on the 1st shift against Germany, this team will be 5th at best.
The way Keith and Doughty are battling though, makes the team easier to root for. They were everywhere and were actually out of gas but still pinching hard.
Sharks line was good again early, but when things got tougher they were losing puck battles. Last 5 minutes, Would have put Toews and Crosby out there on the same line with Nash. Or Richards.

No clue why he didnt call a time out there after that one dominate shift. Keith and Seabrook were amazing that entire game too. Problem is you need guys to carry the momentum on the 3rd and 4th lines but The Sharks line and Iginla and Morrow are not the answers.

Babcock looked awful for a lot of reasons tonight.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:So I think Canada will beat Germany and Russia before losing to the Finns or Swedes or Czechs in the semis and giving up in the bronze medal game.

Final result, Canada 4th.

That's optimistic as this point.

What can I say, I'm the eternal optimist. And I'm not sold on the Russians they have looked shakier than Canada, imo.

Difference with Russia? They could score on every shift if they really want to, and no goalie would be able to stop them. If Semin has the same kind of 2 minutes he had against the Sens, might be enough to win gold.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I meant GREAT. Your'e right about Finland. Finland and the US are the only teams that have been GREAT so far.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
Michallica wrote:I'm not going to get into a debate about who should have been on the team until Canada is out. However, what the hell was Babcock thinking? Call a timeout!

What a tough road ahead for Canada....even if they beat Russia, there's still no guarantee of a medal. Disappointing to say the least so far.

They will have to probably beat, 3 times in a row, Russia, Sweden, and The US/Fins or Czechs. That's an uphill battle to say the least and that Canada team doesnt have enough character or the right pieces to get it done.

Defi agree there. A dark horse is Slovakia now, they look good enough for a medal IMO.

Big Ev wrote:I meant GREAT. Your'e right about Finland. Finland and the US are the only teams that have been GREAT so far.

How have The States been great? They didnt look very good against The Swiss or Nords, and they were outplayed by Canada. They have looked very average.

Michallica wrote:
N4L wrote:
Michallica wrote:I'm not going to get into a debate about who should have been on the team until Canada is out. However, what the hell was Babcock thinking? Call a timeout!

What a tough road ahead for Canada....even if they beat Russia, there's still no guarantee of a medal. Disappointing to say the least so far.

They will have to probably beat, 3 times in a row, Russia, Sweden, and The US/Fins or Czechs. That's an uphill battle to say the least and that Canada team doesnt have enough character or the right pieces to get it done.

Defi agree there. A dark horse is Slovakia now, they look good enough for a medal IMO.

Depends, the team to beat will be the one that wins the game that starts in about an hour.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed, only thing "great" about USA is Miller. THe rest is being opportunistic. Tonight, at least.
If you wanna see greatness, check how Jagr, Hossa and Selanne are playing. They're everywhere.

Last edited by marakh on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:So I think Canada will beat Germany and Russia before losing to the Finns or Swedes or Czechs in the semis and giving up in the bronze medal game.

What can I say, I'm the eternal optimist. And I'm not sold on the Russians they have looked shakier than Canada, imo.

Difference with Russia? They could score on every shift if they really want to, and no goalie would be able to stop them. If Semin has the same kind of 2 minutes he had against the Sens, might be enough to win gold.

The Canadians could do the same. I know people are pissed at the time right now, but Canada has just about as much firepower up front as the Russians. As much as I hate Thornton, Heatly, ect they could easily fill the net like Semin and Datsuyk.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's such a shame, the Canadians deserved that game IMO. They'll have to learn when to shoot from the point though, they need to be doing that a lot more, but otherwise tonight it was Miller, the gameplan is sound enough (it seems).

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
marakh wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:

The Canadians could do the same. I know people are pissed at the time right now, but Canada has just about as much firepower up front as the Russians. As much as I hate Thornton, Heatly, ect they could easily fill the net like Semin and Datsuyk.

I thought the same thing, until MIller beat them single handedly.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:I thought the same thing, until MIller beat them single handedly.

Miller could single handedly beat the russians too. They guy was lights out tonight.

SpezDispenser wrote:That's such a shame, the Canadians deserved that game IMO. They'll have to learn when to shoot from the point though, they need to be doing that a lot more, but otherwise tonight it was Miller, the gameplan is sound enough (it seems).

You realize The US is about the 5th or 6th best team in that tourny right?

It was Hiller vs Canada, now Miller... it's not the goalies man just like it's not always the goalies in Ottawa.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

stempniaksen wrote:

Miller could single handedly beat the russians too. They guy was lights out tonight.

Yeah some of those saves were just un-frickin-real.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That's such a shame, the Canadians deserved that game IMO. They'll have to learn when to shoot from the point though, they need to be doing that a lot more, but otherwise tonight it was Miller, the gameplan is sound enough (it seems).

It was Hiller vs Canada, now Miller... it's not the goalies man just like it's not always the goalies in Ottawa.

It was Miller tonight. There were other factors, but Canada still deserved to win that game.

Maybe, but they didnt. Like I said, this isnt a playoff series, this is a one and done tourny now and The Canadians are in a ton of trouble. Germany is going to give them all they can handle.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

Uh...yeah it was Miller tonight. Come on, they did everything they could, they got robbed by a blazing hot goalie and Brodeur being a fool.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:

Last 3 minutes, Iginla (I think) had a laid down Miller on his belly, and he shot it in his gloves. Don't think Ovechkin or Semin will make those kind of stuff, because those guys instinctively shoot top shelf. Let's face it, they have the best snipers out there, and against a team that's playing shutdown style like USA, it works perfectly. THey don't need a perfect hockey game.

Last edited by marakh on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum