GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

+23
stempniaksen
sens4win
Ev
jamvan
Number Twenty Nine
AlfieisGod11
LeCaptain
ddt
Riprock
asq2
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
PTFlea
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_lcap214%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 5 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_lcap26%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 30 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 32]

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

Well, Travis Yost over at HB claims his source is saying a deal between Ottawa and Dallas are on and speculates that it's Robidas Ottawa's interested in. Maybe this deal really does happen.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/SOURCE-Dallas-Ottawa-in-Talks/134/26572

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

strachattack wrote:Well, Travis Yost over at HB claims his source is saying a deal between Ottawa and Dallas are on and speculates that it's Robidas Ottawa's interested in. Maybe this deal really does happen.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/SOURCE-Dallas-Ottawa-in-Talks/134/26572

Source?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Geez, yes please on Robidas. Natural replacement for Volchenkov - and he's better.

Yup, RH shot as well. I hope Murray just deals for him then gets rid of A Train to Chicago or something of the likes.

Honestly, Ottawa doesnt need A Train especially if they get Robidas. A Train needs Phillips, it's that simple.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
strachattack wrote:Well, Travis Yost over at HB claims his source is saying a deal between Ottawa and Dallas are on and speculates that it's Robidas Ottawa's interested in. Maybe this deal really does happen.

Source?

Yes.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Robidas is the better player for sure, but I believe we're assuming that Volchenkov demands 4 and up, right? I think we all agree that we'd rather keep him if the number is 3.5 and under?

3.5 and under, for sure. It wont be though.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:3.5 and under, for sure. It wont be though.

Source?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:3.5 and under, for sure. It wont be though.

Source?

His Olympics performance has not given him much of a bargaining position. And if the cap goes down (which is rumored) then the salaries for defensive defencemen will certainly take a hit.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Ottawa media are a loud bunch. For some reason the rest of the league take notice when they speak. They built up Wade Redden into something he never was and I'm afraid they made a star out of Volchenkov too. I think that's what sets the price.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:The Ottawa media are a loud bunch. For some reason the rest of the league take notice when they speak. They built up Wade Redden into something he never was and I'm afraid they made a star out of Volchenkov too. I think that's what sets the price.

Wade Redden was amazing for 5 years at least. He was top 5 in the NHL IMO, a younger Neidermayer, possibly as good an outlet pass as Pronger. He just declined so hard, so fast that no one really remembers.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:The Ottawa media are a loud bunch. For some reason the rest of the league take notice when they speak. They built up Wade Redden into something he never was and I'm afraid they made a star out of Volchenkov too. I think that's what sets the price.

Wade Redden was amazing for 5 years at least. He was top 5 in the NHL IMO, a younger Neidermayer, possibly as good an outlet pass as Pronger. He just declined so hard, so fast that no one really remembers.

Wade Redden was never amazing. He was a good NHL defenseman with a good first pass which was made into something unique. Hearing "elite" associated with his name made me sick! lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with SSF. I never *NEVER* saw anything special in him. I kept wondering what the hell I was missing, because everyone said he was so great. He was definitely better than his last three years, and I'd even go as far as saying he was good, but I never would have dreamed of calling him "elite". Why he made it to the Olympic team? No idea, but like you said, Ottawa media seems to have some clout.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jeff Marek said on 590 (I think) that he thought Aaron Ward would be a Senator in the morning. So we'll see if he's right.

SpezDispenser wrote:Jeff Marek said on 590 (I think) that he thought Aaron Ward would be a Senator in the morning. So we'll see if he's right.
Unless it's as a 7th defenseman this would suck.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Jeff Marek said on 590 (I think) that he thought Aaron Ward would be a Senator in the morning. So we'll see if he's right.

Robidas would be much better, and I think in terms of moving the pieces to make it happen, it's a must.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:

Probably, yeah.

1.Phillips
2.Volchenkov
3.Kuba
4.Karlsson
5.Campoli
6.Carkner
7.Ward

Campoli or Ward would alternate sitting. The depth is there for sure, not sure it's what we all had in mind though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Robidas would be much better, and I think in terms of moving the pieces to make it happen, it's a must.

Yeah, Robidas is literally night and day different than Ward though. Ward's already cleared waivers this year, you could get him for the rights to Ilya Zubov. Robidas would cost Folingo, Campoli and a 2nd (or even a 1st).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum