GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

+23
stempniaksen
sens4win
Ev
jamvan
Number Twenty Nine
AlfieisGod11
LeCaptain
ddt
Riprock
asq2
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
PTFlea
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_lcap214%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 5 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_lcap26%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 32]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ward, Leopold, Seidenberg, those are the three that Murray's looking at. Anyone else is gonna be too expensive. That's my final answer on who we're acquiring, one of those.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

I'm actually thinking it's gonna be bigger than that. Look towards Robidas, Burns, Zidlicky, Seidenberg and Hamhuis.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:I'm actually thinking it's gonna be bigger than that. Look towards Robidas, Burns, Zidlicky, Seidenberg and Hamhuis.

I find it hard to believe Murray alters the team too much, but maybe.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the robidas rumours seem to be picking up steam. just spotted it on hockey 30 linking him to ottawa. now he is having a career year... wonder what the future holds for him in coming years.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

If we get Robidas it means we're losing A-train to free agency, and Murray knows he can't pay him his asking price.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:If we get Robidas it means we're losing A-train to free agency, and Murray knows he can't pay him his asking price.

Would you be happy about obtaining Robidas at the expense of A-Train?

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I'm not really sure what kind of player Robidas is ... A-train is a second goalie and with the shaky goaltending we've had all year, I think he's almost irreplaceable. He's the only physical presence we have on the blue line as well. Michalek is the closest "replacement" to what A-train brings to this team that I can think of.

I suppose if we have to lose A-train, Robidas would be OK.

Robidas + Michalek would be best Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Hoags wrote:If we get Robidas it means we're losing A-train to free agency, and Murray knows he can't pay him his asking price.

Interesting question. I would say no personally, if we're acquiring Robidas, I realize the potential for not re-signing A-Train, but the dream would be to have the both of them bolstering our blue line and to trade Kuba.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good point SpezD. I like that plan better. With Robidas you don't need Kuba as much anymore.

- Unknown Author

Hoags wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I'm not really sure what kind of player Robidas is ... A-train is a second goalie and with the shaky goaltending we've had all year, I think he's almost irreplaceable. He's the only physical presence we have on the blue line as well. Michalek is the closest "replacement" to what A-train brings to this team that I can think of.

Robidas + Michalek would be best POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 54934

huh? Our goaltending has been pretty good most of the year if not great. There was about a 3 or 4 week stretch where things might have been shaky but so was the rest of the team.

As for A Train being irreplaceable, hardly. He's a nice player to have but anything over 3.5 mil, he is very replaceable. Michalek, Robidas, Seidenberg, a lot of those guys can do that job with Phillips (who makes A Train go) and do it well.

Like I said yesterday, A Train depends on Phillips a great deal and it shows when you look at him on that Russian Team.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

There was questions about goaltending all year until Elliott got hot during the big win streak, Leclaire is still a question mark and who knows if Elliott can keep going to the playoffs.

We don't have a Ryan Miller that is unquestionably our #1 goalie whom we trust will make the saves when he has to.

N4L wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Robidas + Michalek would be best POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 15 54934

huh? Our goaltending has been pretty good most of the year if not great. There was about a 3 or 4 week stretch where things might have been shaky but so was the rest of the team.

As for A Train being irreplaceable, hardly. He's a nice player to have but anything over 3.5 mil, he is very replaceable. Michalek, Robidas, Seidenberg, a lot of those guys can do that job with Phillips (who makes A Train go) and do it well.

Like I said yesterday, A Train depends on Phillips a great deal and it shows when you look at him on that Russian Team.
Man, I am glad somebody else finally realized this. Phillips is a rock and has made who ever he played with look better (except Chara).

Hoags wrote:There was questions about goaltending all year until Elliott got hot during the big win streak, Leclaire is still a question mark and who knows if Elliott can keep going to the playoffs.

We don't have a Ryan Miller that is unquestionably our #1 goalie whom we trust will make the saves when he has to.

You dont need a Ryan Miller to win, you need a guy that makes the stops he is supposed to.

People quickly forget how good Leclaire was for the first 5 or 6 weeks. Sole reason The Sens were not out of it early. Elliott was also solid in that time period. For the month of Dec things looked bleek with The Sens goaltending but Brodure and especially Elliott showed they can do the job.

Miller is struggling in a big way in Buffalo and Elliott has been the best goaltender in the world the last 4, 5 weeks of The NHL season.

Aside from one long stretch, Ottawa's goaltending has been very good.

RobbyJ wrote:
N4L wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Man, I am glad somebody else finally realized this. Phillips is a rock and has made who ever he played with look better (except Chara).

People get caught up in the golrious game A Train plays in that he blocks shots and lays people out. Im a fan of his, think Phillips and himself are a great pair, but lets be serious here, A Train stuggles without Phillips and Phillips is good to great with who ever his partner is as long as he in on the left side.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

A-train is still a shot blocking machine who's capable of landing a huge hit, none of that relies on Phillips.

Without A-train, our defence is largely a bunch of wusses. Campoli, Karlsson and Kuba aren't going to initimidate any opposing forward, and Carkner fights well but he's not a hitter.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When A-Train blocks 11 shots and keeps Ovechkin to the perimeter the entire game, that alone proves his worth to me. How many guys can do that in this league? 6?

Hoags wrote:A-train is still a shot blocking machine who's capable of landing a huge hit, none of that relies on Phillips.

Without A-train, our defence is largely a bunch of wusses. Campoli, Karlsson and Kuba aren't going to initimidate any opposing forward, and Carkner fights well but he's not a hitter.

Nope, but covering up for him when he misses those big hits and is down and out after an attempt to block a shot is. Like I said, people get caught up in exactly what you just said and dont realize that it's Phillips that covers up for everything and actually moves the puck out of the zone when A Train gets in trouble as well.

Without Phillips people would be talking about A Train in a much more negative light. I'll even tell you what would be said. "He has to know when to step up because he takes himself out of the play too much". "He's always on his but trying to block a shot and players then walk right around him". That's how the conversation would go.

SpezDispenser wrote:When A-Train blocks 11 shots and keeps Ovechkin to the perimeter the entire game, that alone proves his worth to me. How many guys can do that in this league? 6?

Because it was it just A Train out there, right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum