GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA!

+35
pegsensfan
Number Twenty Nine
sens4win
SensGirl11
The Montagoose
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
beerandsens
Sens4thecup
Flo The Action
Phoenix30
BigRig
caissie_1
The Silfer Server
strachattack
rooneypoo
wprager
KidKarlsson
Urkie
SDH89
SensHulk
ddt
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
dennycrane
M_Christopher
Riprock
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://twitter.com/nhlrumor

Who is this? He has Brunette to Ottawa done. For Lee? My arse for Lee. For Lee, Picard, Shannon, SJ's 2nd round pick? Perhaps. Actually, Diddle it, that makes some sense. Or not, I'm not even sure anymore.

32TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:59 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boston Bruins have made it known to teams throughout the league that Michael Ryder is available for trade.

From McKenzie's tweet.

How can the Sens get this guy. I've always liked him a lot. Perfect for Spezza's win so Alfie can move to the 2nd line and Kovalev can move to LW.

33TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:20 am

SpezDispenser wrote:Boston Bruins have made it known to teams throughout the league that Michael Ryder is available for trade.

From McKenzie's tweet.

How can the Sens get this guy. I've always liked him a lot. Perfect for Spezza's win so Alfie can move to the 2nd line and Kovalev can move to LW.

He has more years on his deal doesn't he? If so, no thanks. He had a real good year last year in Boston, but so did everyone else. I can't help but wonder how much he could help the Sens. And I really don't want another $4 million salary to add to Alfie, Spezza, Kovalev, and Fisher. Unless that salary is for a D man. Visnovsky perhaps? Edmonton is ready to deal.

34TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
He has more years on his deal doesn't he? If so, no thanks. He had a real good year last year in Boston, but so did everyone else. I can't help but wonder how much he could help the Sens. And I really don't want another $4 million salary to add to Alfie, Spezza, Kovalev, and Fisher. Unless that salary is for a D man. Visnovsky perhaps? Edmonton is ready to deal.

Oh..I love Visnovsky, Cogliano. Cheechoo, Foligno, Lee, Campoli and a 2nd. Let's make it happen!@@@<L

35TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:25 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Oh..I love Visnovsky, Cogliano. Cheechoo, Foligno, Lee, Campoli and a 2nd. Let's make it happen!@@@

He certainly fits our needs, but it's a long term contract. $16.5 million owed to him over the next 3 years (after this one). By then though, we ought to have at least 2 of our 3 studs as regulars on our blueline.

36TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:20 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:Where's the league intervention vetoing a Kovalchuk trade? Huh?

What do you mean?

Lecavalier to MTL.

37TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:29 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Oh..I love Visnovsky, Cogliano. Cheechoo, Foligno, Lee, Campoli and a 2nd. Let's make it happen!@@@

The Sens aren't trading Foligno or a 2nd round pick unless it's for a stud replacement. Visnovsky and Cogliano don't qualify as said stud.

38TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Andrew Brunette would be a nice add - so nice, in fact, that I don't get why Minny would move him.

He's still a good hockey player (on pace for 60+ points), he's cheap and signed past this season, and he's a character guy who provides veteran leadership.

Minny's dragged itself out of the basement and is in a push for the post-season themselves. Dealing him for Brian Lee, especially when their blue-line is pretty strong as is, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

4-5-1 in their lat 10 is not much of a push. They lost to Dallas just last night too.

39TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:12 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:Where's the league intervention vetoing a Kovalchuk trade? Huh?

What do you mean?

Lecavalier to MTL.

I just find it odd, which leads me to believe untrue, that the kleague supposedly has veto rights and would exercise them if Tampa tried to trade Vinny, yet Atlanta is allowed to trade pending FA Kovalchuk? Yeah, one is a UFA, but the league should step in and make Kovalchuk re-sign Facepalm

Notes from around the league...

- Flames have placed Lundmark on the block.
- Bruins have placed Ryder on the block.
- Kesler has put off contract negotiations with Canucks until season's end.

40TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 am

Ryder for Cheechoo?

41TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:57 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If we offered up more they might consider it. But they probably don't want to play against him 8 times a year. Calgary? Nah, can't see that after the way they treated his brother. Edmonton for Lubo? They would have to throw in more though for Lubo.

42TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 am

Kuba, Lee and a pick for Visnoski?

43TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:22 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's about $2M more coming back for the next few years, what does that mean for Volchenkov? Regin? Foligno?

44TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:33 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:That's about $2M more coming back for the next few years, what does that mean for Volchenkov? Regin? Foligno?

Did Murray even have to sign UFAs this summer? I get the impression he doesn't like to wait that long. For that reason I think Volchenkov is a goner.

45TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:37 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Both Neil and Kuba were not re-signed until the deadline, so that is likely what will happen - he either is re-signed or traded, but the longer we wait on deadline day, the worse return we will get cause teams will look elsewhere.

46TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
The Sens aren't trading Foligno or a 2nd round pick unless it's for a stud replacement. Visnovsky and Cogliano don't qualify as said stud.

Oh yeah, Visnovsky is a stud. He's everything you want on your blueline offensively - and he's decent defensively.

47TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Oh yeah, Visnovsky is a stud. He's everything you want on your blueline offensively - and he's decent defensively.

Which is why sources would say Kelly and Kuba for Visnovsky and Cogliano.

48TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Which is why sources would say Kelly and Kuba for Visnovsky and Cogliano.

Really? I would do that personally - and remember, I've gone all Jordo on Kelly, I like him a lot now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum