GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad Times in Leaf Nation

+13
rooneypoo
PKC
asq2
SDH89
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Burke trades for Excelby - Price? Kubina

Burke trades for Kessel - Price? 2 first rounders and a second rounder

Burke feels his team is still in playoff contention? Priceless.

17Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:03 am

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

HHAHAHAHAHAH... I'm laughing not at the Leafs misfortune, but at Burke's hypocrisy... Does anybody remember this:

TSN wrote:"When you have players come ask you for a trade, I tell the players
'don't finish that sentence,' because once you ask, I'm going to move
you," Burke stated. "If a player wants out, you're darn right I'm
going to move you. I'm not kissing anyone's Donkey to play in my town, so
to hell with you, don't finish the sentence. My second rule is if I
hear about this, you're not going anywhere."

18Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:HHAHAHAHAHAH... I'm laughing not at the Leafs misfortune, but at Burke's hypocrisy... Does anybody remember this:

Does not surprise me at all.

19Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:11 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I just went crosseyed....

20Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Doctors take the Hypocratic oath where as Burke took the Hypocritic oath. Laughing3

- Unknown Author

21Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:23 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Bass Destruction wrote:HHAHAHAHAHAH... I'm laughing not at the Leafs misfortune, but at Burke's hypocrisy... Does anybody remember this:

Laughing3 It's true, I remember!! That's hilarious!

22Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:37 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm kind of sick of Burke being portrayed as some sort hockey genius/god who can do no wrong. The arrogance and hypocrisy that comes out this guy's mouth is astounding.

23Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I'm kind of sick of Burke being portrayed as some sort hockey genius/god who can do no wrong. The arrogance and hypocrisy that comes out this guy's mouth is astounding.

It amuses me because he's exposing the usual suspects (TSN, Sportsnet...) for the bootlickers they are.

24Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:42 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

It amuses me because he's exposing the usual suspects (TSN, Sportsnet...) for the bootlickers they are.

Exactly.

I'm loving this season with the Leafs demonstrating their truculence and testosterone down in the NHL basement.

It's sheer poetic justice.

25Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Exactly.

I'm loving this season with the Leafs demonstrating their truculence and testosterone down in the NHL basement.

It's sheer poetic justice.

Delicious.

26Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:53 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He told Exelby and his agent to look around for a trade. Where? The bathroom? Because Exelby is worth exactly one piece of streaming hot Dung.

27Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:56 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:He told Exelby and his agent to look around for a trade. Where? The bathroom? Because Exelby is worth exactly one piece of streaming hot Dung.

I'm still in shock they traded Pavel Kubina for this pylon Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 62136

28Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He told Exelby and his agent to look around for a trade. Where? The bathroom? Because Exelby is worth exactly one piece of streaming hot Dung.

I'm still in shock they traded Pavel Kubina for this pylon Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 62136

Absolute worst trade of the year. Kubina was so good, Exelby SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. What a crock. Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 805406

29Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:12 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Hoags wrote:Burke certainly oversold the team in the offseason, they were supposed to be ahead of us according to 'experts' Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 270956

Feel bad for the players there .... it must be a gong show in the dressing room.

The "experts" were also off on Phoenix, Colorado, LA, Buffalo, New Jersey, Nashville and on and on and on.

This is why I don't make predictions.

30Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Some of my friends are Leafs fans. They can't help it, they grew up Leafs fans. They are not bad or obnoxious, and they certainly don't deserve this. I won't come out and tell them that I feel sorry for them -- the last thing they need from me is pity -- but I do feel for them. Burke has absolutely castrated this team for a few years.

31Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is such a bad thing that they're sucking this badly. Words can't describe how much we all do NOT want the Boston Bs to have a lottery pick. They're already good, this would make them very good.

But...Phil Kessel leaving was something that they haven't exactly adapted to as evidenced by the fact that they don't score, so perhaps in a weird round about way the Bs can replace Kessel by drafting someone with the pick they got from...Toronto, who will try to get Kessel going so that he's worth the lottery pick (and then another one next year) and the 2nd rounder (which is like a glorified 1st rounder). Facepalm

Laugh1 ^ That's literally the worst scenario they could have ever imagined. Burke must cry himself to sleep at night.

32Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

What happened to Exelby?

A couple of years ago he was a young and up and coming dman who was one of the most feared hitters in the game next to A-Train.

Has he Wade Redden'd?

33Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Burke's too truculent to cry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum