GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Former Leaf Peter Zezel, passes away at 44

+2
SensFan71
wprager
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2009/05/25/9568941-sun.html

He was admitted last week for scheduled surgery but complications developed and he's now battling a serious blood disorder.

Edit: updated title

Last edited by wprager on Tue May 26, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wow that is pretty scary indeed, in critical condition since 2001? doesn't sound very promising either. god speed Peter, we will be thinking about you Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:wow that is pretty scary indeed, in critical condition since 2001? doesn't sound very promising either. god speed Peter, we will be thinking about you Smile

I think the article said he had been in critical condition in 2001, not since 2001. I read it that way at first, too, then re-read.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:wow that is pretty scary indeed, in critical condition since 2001? doesn't sound very promising either. god speed Peter, we will be thinking about you Smile

I think the article said he had been in critical condition in 2001, not since 2001. I read it that way at first, too, then re-read.

now that I think about you, that does make more sense, pretty scary nonetheless, a blood disease, really hard to get more serious than that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He didn't make it. He was only 44.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/News/2009/05/26/9579516.html

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Zezel was a player who gave his all. A tragic passing.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very tragic news.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sad news about Zezel... he was highly respected both in and outside of the hockey community and was a real family man.

RIP Peter.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sad news. His family has been in my thoughts since yesterday. Tragic loss.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wow this really happened quick, Prags was just posting how he was battling for his life, and now its tragically over, really saddening news. you will be missed Peter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum