GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010

+25
Cronie
Hobiesens
sens4win
Bramlet07
beerandsens
SDH89
The Montagoose
LeCaptain
Devo
Number Twenty Nine
ddt
AlfieisGod11
SensHulk
PKC
Riprock
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
Hoags
asq2
wprager
PTFlea
benIII24III
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Jan 28, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap231%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap223%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap215%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap231%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 28]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:Out of curiosity, what is people's general take on adding a Ray Whitney to this team before the deadline?

What would the cost be? Where does he play? Who goes to make room for him?

It's impossible now. If the team is gonna be tight, then you can't move anyone. Moving Picard now would be silly as well, we need the depth in case. Lee can go, but even then, we'll need some depth at some point I would imagine and it doesn't work against the cap. The cost of doing this is waiving Cheechoo and I doubt even the coldest heart could do that right now. Laugh1

You underestimate how shrewd GMs can be, especially the one we have. There are ways in the CBA to clear salary if need be...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
I agree with your assessment. I believe though that Kovalchuk will be moved before the Olympic break. If Waddell gets the sense that he can't re-sign the guy to a reasonable contract that he's not going to take the chance on the guy getting injured in the Olympic tournament and losing his biggest trading piece ever.

They're getting the ducks in a row as we speak. There's a fierce bidding war that's about to happen I bet. Chicago (ridiculous), LA, Boston, even Washington. Look out. Ahhhhh!

Toronto's 1st, Ryder, Wideman for a signed Kovalchuk. Whew. Ahhhhh!

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:McGuire is -- what was that expression -- verbally fellating Karlsson.

Yes, he is good and will be very, very good, very soon.

That's the kind of thing that makes me appreciate McGuire's work. He's one of the only guy on TSN that really appreciates hockey for what it is and not because Brian Burke is up there. McKenzie is great too, but appart from that nobody's gonna acknowledge that the Sens are becoming elite until we win a cup.
Same thing with Montreal media. I heard last night a guy on RDS. "well, they're just on a streak, like any team in the league has once in a while".
Well, watch the games first, douchebag.
I guess they are frustrated that their Original 6 dear teams are becoming a joke by the day.
I am not the homer kind, but that's the kind of thing that irritates me.

Yeah, I got ticked off when "Dutch" started off the highlights (with the Flyers' game) by saying "here's another team I think is better than the Senators..."

Seriously? Aren't you even going to feign impartiality? Even if they are better, what a useless comment.

I was pretty happy to see the Thrash score 3 in the third to take that one. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 270956

That's Diddling ridiculous...the Senators are the single most deserving 30-win team in the NHL right now. Bar none.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Chicago's putting points on i's already tonight. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 159628

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
I agree with your assessment. I believe though that Kovalchuk will be moved before the Olympic break. If Waddell gets the sense that he can't re-sign the guy to a reasonable contract that he's not going to take the chance on the guy getting injured in the Olympic tournament and losing his biggest trading piece ever.

They're getting the ducks in a row as we speak. There's a fierce bidding war that's about to happen I bet. Chicago (ridiculous), LA, Boston, even Washington. Look out. Ahhhhh!

That's WAAAAY too much for a UFA...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
You underestimate how shrewd GMs can be, especially the one we have. There are ways in the CBA to clear salary if need be...

Not really...you'd have to send Regin and Karlsson down until the roster expands. Or you take a risk I guess and trade someone of value, but you better knock it out of the park. I would heavily suggest against deferring any bonuses, next year is gonna be tough as it is.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Thrashers after a win jump from 13th to 6th GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Icon_scratch

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Check the bold.
Ahhhhh!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Not really...you'd have to send Regin and Karlsson down until the roster expands. Or you take a risk I guess and trade someone of value, but you better knock it out of the park. I would heavily suggest against deferring any bonuses, next year is gonna be tough as it is.

What about a guy like Penner assuming the Oilers are willing to take Cheechoo back in a deal for money purposes?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Thrashers after a win jump from 13th to 6th GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 28. 2010 - Page 21 Icon_scratch

Christ! Could the standings be any closer? It's gonna be an all out war for playoff spots until the last second of the last game of the regular season...you can just tell.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Check the bold.
Ahhhhh!

My mistake. That's still A LOT to give up for the guy. He might be a premier talent like nothing that's been on the market since the first Dany Heatley trade out of Atlanta. But would the Bruins not be better served drafting the youngins and then signing the guy in the offseason a gratis?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
My mistake. That's still A LOT to give up for the guy. He might be a premier talent like nothing that's been on the market since the first Dany Heatley trade out of Atlanta. But would the Bruins not be better served drafting the youngins and then signing the guy in the offseason a gratis?

It's a lot, yeah, probably too much in today's market, but we're talking the biggest target in a decade I would say. This is a crazy talent, bigger than Heatley, more dominant. Wideman doesn't hurt anymore, he's spoiled. Something happened to him too, I have no idea what. Atlanta would probably say no to him in all seriousness. Ryder is collateral damage, but I certainly see what you mean about Hall/Seguin or Fowler. That's such a might piece for the Bs. Puking2

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Holy smokes, according to Sportsnet's post-game report the Sens are 12-1-1 when leading after one period and 19-1 when leading after two.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Holy smokes, according to Sportsnet's post-game report the Sens are 12-1-1 when leading after one period and 19-1 when leading after two.

Ahhhhh!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I would love to know what our record is this when we don't score first, particularly over the last two months or so. Once upon a time, such an event was a disaster we simply couldn't overcome. Lately, it just seems to be "ho-hum," and we get back into the game in a hurry.

I'm glad we stopped the "letting-the-other-team-score-1-minute-after-we-score" trend, too.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I just finished watching the game (got home late but thanks to PVR, I'm good). HOW much does TSN love the penguins? It was penguin love-fest. Also, I DESPISE, REALLY, REALLY DESPISE RAY FERRARO.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:I just finished watching the game (got home late but thanks to PVR, I'm good). HOW much does TSN love the penguins? It was penguin love-fest. Also, I DESPISE, REALLY, REALLY DESPISE RAY FERRARO.

The only reason the game was even on TSN was because of the Penguins probably.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, so I watched the game on the PVR last night (I'd seen the 3rd period live).

First of all, I really have to question N4L's view on Spezza. While I can see questioning his 1st star selection over Elliott, I thought he had a huge game. Very, very creative and the only giveaway was that tape-to-tape pass to a Pens forward on the PP. The other "giveaway" was a pass from Alfie (I think) that was about knee-high and two fee behind him, off the boards. It looked like he tried to wave his foot behind himself to try and knock it dow or something, but you can't fault a guy for not connecting on that -- that pass was way off. Very good game for Spezza.

Second, Karlsson is very exciting to watch. He's got to be challenging Shannon for the quickest set of legs on the team.

Third, Cheechoo is coming around. There was a play where he came back from deep in the other end to back check a guy and he was flying. His effort has always been there, his skating is coming around, all that's left islifting that post/crossbar curse.

Fourth, Kelly has 10 goals with his second game-winner. Last year he had 12 in 82 games; the year before that -- 11. I think it's safe to say this is a career year. I can't see the Sens moving him before the summer.

Fifth, if Elliott plays well Saturday, can anyone see him not getting another 1st star of the week?

Lastly, though, some of the comments here sounded a little beer-induced euphoria. Pittsburgh is not an elite team this year. An elite team does not sit 27th in PP with Crosby-Malkin-Gonchar. And MAF is clearly not 100% as the winning goal was a rebound on a simple shot he could not grab with his golve (the broken finger). Apparently he had to change his glove because of the injury. And he didn't look very comfortable on a few otherplays either, like that Spezza shot that trickled along the goal line and out. The Sens gave up 31 shots on goal last night and a lot of quality chances. They have not done that in a while. I guess it's not a bad thing when there's still something to work on.

Hockey Day is going to be interesting for sure. I don't know about 20,000+++ but it had better be a sell-out. Trouble is, there's going to be Ole chants pretty much from the last few bars of O Canada. That will be our bane until the current crop of 10-15 year olds grow up and get jobs and start filling the season-ticket ranks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum