GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Isbister report to Bingo?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Will Isbister report to Bingo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:10 am

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:I just saw the goal and I have to say: You guys SERIOUSLY overstated Isbisters burst of speed and the quality of his setup...It was decent but was a result of nothing more than a terrible Redden pinch and a lack of backchecking to stop the pass across. In a game that means something, that play doesn't happen (well, the Redden pinch might happen...)

It was Girardi's pinch I think and then Isbister destroyed Redden one on one. Redden went for his patented poke check and Isbister just blew by him. The goal was lucky, I thought the pass took too long to get to McAmmond, but I thought the play was awesome personally.
On anyone other than Matt Zabba, that wouldn't go in.
And Girardi's pinch may have created the 2-on-1 opportunity, but Redden's just stop skating backwards and flung his stick at Isbister, who just drove wide.
He didn't make any great move or use any outstanding speed, it was just a terrible play from Redden.
Imo thats even better than seeing Isbister tear it up! :lol!:

17Will Isbister report to Bingo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:12 am

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, judging by the Sun's take on the Sens-Rangers tilt, even though the Sens left their superstars, for the most part, at home, the Sens didn't fight their for collective NHL lives... Auld apparently did really well though.

As for Isbister, I think he'll be reporting to Bongo for sure.

Auld, Bell and Regin all played well. The thing is Croney, these guys were asked to play a checking role. THey played hard, but were simply out matched. It was to be expected.

18Will Isbister report to Bingo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, judging by the Sun's take on the Sens-Rangers tilt, even though the Sens left their superstars, for the most part, at home, the Sens didn't fight their for collective NHL lives... Auld apparently did really well though.

As for Isbister, I think he'll be reporting to Bongo for sure.

Auld, Bell and Regin all played well. The thing is Croney, these guys were asked to play a checking role. THey played hard, but were simply out matched. It was to be expected.

I don't know if they knew what Hartsburg wanted.

Go out and tight-check the Rangers! Uh...okay. Regin was excellent, Auld was too. Bell was average IMO.

19Will Isbister report to Bingo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:16 am

cash wrote:
504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:I just saw the goal and I have to say: You guys SERIOUSLY overstated Isbisters burst of speed and the quality of his setup...It was decent but was a result of nothing more than a terrible Redden pinch and a lack of backchecking to stop the pass across. In a game that means something, that play doesn't happen (well, the Redden pinch might happen...)

It was Girardi's pinch I think and then Isbister destroyed Redden one on one. Redden went for his patented poke check and Isbister just blew by him. The goal was lucky, I thought the pass took too long to get to McAmmond, but I thought the play was awesome personally.
On anyone other than Matt Zabba, that wouldn't go in.
And Girardi's pinch may have created the 2-on-1 opportunity, but Redden's just stop skating backwards and flung his stick at Isbister, who just drove wide.
He didn't make any great move or use any outstanding speed, it was just a terrible play from Redden.
Imo thats even better than seeing Isbister tear it up! :lol!:

We should take up a collection and ensure Redden teaches that wavy-stick poke check to the Euro's and Russians at their kids hockey camps. We will win Olympic gold after Olympic gold and World championships by the bunches until they figure out what we have done.

20Will Isbister report to Bingo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:18 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's awesome! LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum