GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Report: Zack Smith sent back to Bingo, Hale recalled

+4
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SensHulk
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

From senschirp (and brent wallace):

According to a tweet from TSN's Brent Wallace, Zach Smith was not at practice this morning and will be sent to Binghamton later today.

Smith hasn't had a great start to the season but this seems like an odd move.

The team is expected to recall defenceman David Hale from Bingo

Spezza, Kuba and Leclaire are all absent from this morning's practice.

http://twitter.com/TSN_Wally

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting... looking to bring some "experience" to our D I guess... and hopefully less mistakes.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps it's a kick in the arse for Smith? I guess Lee rides the pine with Hale coming up? Is Hale a nasty SOB?

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It has to be said.

All Hail Hale.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm a little surprised at Smith being sent down... Hale certainly has a lot of PIMs over his NHL career. The only thing I recall from Hale in the pre-season was that he was steady and consistent. No big mistakes and no big plays either.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it was around the 5th goal against Pittsburgh that I said Lee would never play in Ottawa again. This is no surprise, we're not hard enough to play against, hopefully Hale brings 'it', whatever 'it' is.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I thought Smith would be back because of injury to Winchester....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good timing for Hale, Gonchar was hurt this morning. Crying

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gonchar has returned to the ice!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why send back a forward and bring in a defenseman? Even better question: why send back a forward who actually competes?

Of course, both Campoli and Carkner have played as forwards, so I can see us carrying just 12 forwards.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's harsh for Smith, but he needs to go down there and compete as hard as he ever has.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:That's harsh for Smith, but he needs to go down there and compete as hard as he ever has.

Harsh indeed, but it might have been their only choice since Lehner is up already and can't really send down Karlsson or Lee for obvious reasons. In order to call up Hale, I think they had to send someone else down or put on LTIR.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I thought Smith would be back because of injury to Winchester....

Is Winchester hurt?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That's harsh for Smith, but he needs to go down there and compete as hard as he ever has.

Harsh indeed, but it might have been their only choice since Lehner is up already and can't really send down Karlsson or Lee for obvious reasons. In order to call up Hale, I think they had to send someone else down or put on LTIR.

Would anyone have blinked an eye if Murray sent Karlsson down to Bingo for 10 games or so?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not a big fan of Hale's. He's Matt Carkner-esque without the footspeed if you can believe it. Kuba can't get back soon enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum