GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Report: Zack Smith sent back to Bingo, Hale recalled

+4
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SensHulk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I thought Smith would be back because of injury to Winchester....

Is Winchester hurt?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That's harsh for Smith, but he needs to go down there and compete as hard as he ever has.

Harsh indeed, but it might have been their only choice since Lehner is up already and can't really send down Karlsson or Lee for obvious reasons. In order to call up Hale, I think they had to send someone else down or put on LTIR.

Would anyone have blinked an eye if Murray sent Karlsson down to Bingo for 10 games or so?

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I'm not a big fan of Hale's. He's Matt Carkner-esque without the footspeed if you can believe it. Kuba can't get back soon enough.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Michallica wrote:I thought Smith would be back because of injury to Winchester....

Is Winchester hurt?

He got hurt against PIttsburgh when Brent Johnson's stick came up and caught him in the face. He didn't return in that game, and there was 'speculation' that he might sit out the next game. Guess not anymore

SpezzDispenser wrote:
Would anyone have blinked an eye if Murray sent Karlsson down to Bingo for 10 games or so?

haha I'm sure lots would. He's been bad, but at this stage, they might be worse without him. Hale defi replaces Lee only...is he a lefty?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I'm not a big fan of Hale's. He's Matt Carkner-esque without the footspeed if you can believe it. Kuba can't get back soon enough.

Me neither, not a fan in the least. I was always hoping this would have opened the door for Gryba.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:haha I'm sure lots would. He's been bad, but at this stage, they might be worse without him. Hale defi replaces Lee only...is he a lefty?

Yeah, he's a lefty.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:I'm not a big fan of Hale's. He's Matt Carkner-esque without the footspeed if you can believe it. Kuba can't get back soon enough.

Me neither, not a fan in the least. I was always hoping this would have opened the door for Gryba.

Dude, he's not even playing in the minors, you think he's gonna play in the NHL?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

oh it has opened the door for Gryba....in the AHL Facepalm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wasn't N4L absolutely advocating Gryba as an Ottawa Senator this year?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Dude, he's not even playing in the minors, you think he's gonna play in the NHL?

Yeah, that was before he was a healthy scratch in Bingo. Something that is as dumb as it is stupid. Now KK will have to play him in the AHL I guess and Gryba can show him and the organization what some of us have thought all along: Eric Gryba is a natural replacement for Andy Sutton.

Let me ask this: could the D be any worse with Gryba in there? I don't think do.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Wasn't N4L absolutely advocating Gryba as an Ottawa Senator this year?

Can't remember now, but I think he and I both thought that the one guy who could make the jump right to the NHL was Gryba because of the simple, yet physical style he played.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Wasn't N4L absolutely advocating Gryba as an Ottawa Senator this year?

yes but many were quick to point out that there's very little shot of it happening if we don't ship some other d-men out. Not whether it was right or wrong, but it wasn't going to happen and it didn't. Albeit, there must be a reason Gryba is on the outside looking in...even in Bingo.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

gryba looked alot like sutton in the NCAA, but i didn't see that in the pre-season. i caught him a few time in the MTL-OTT game just standing around not looking like he knew what to do. still, a game is just a game. but i have my doubts until i see it for myself.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:gryba looked alot like sutton in the NCAA, but i didn't see that in the pre-season. i caught him a few time in the MTL-OTT game just standing around not looking like he knew what to do. still, a game is just a game. but i have my doubts until i see it for myself.

You mean, kinda like Sutton in the playoffs?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum