GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Isbister report to Bingo?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Will Isbister report to Bingo? Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he's sent down (which he will be) does he exercise his European out-clause to play in Russia, or does he take his knocks and wait to be called up?

2Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Russia. He's got bills to pay.

3Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:50 pm

I didn't watch the game and only have sparce reporting to rely on, but does his assist tonight get him another look?
I assumed he had no chance, but his setup was apparently a beaut...Does it matter or does he just not have what it takes?

4Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:12 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, judging by the Sun's take on the Sens-Rangers tilt, even though the Sens left their superstars, for the most part, at home, the Sens didn't fight their for collective NHL lives... Auld apparently did really well though.

As for Isbister, I think he'll be reporting to Bongo for sure.

5Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 am

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, judging by the Sun's take on the Sens-Rangers tilt, even though the Sens left their superstars, for the most part, at home, the Sens didn't fight their for collective NHL lives... Auld apparently did really well though.

From a source...guess who that is..

Brad is seriously considering exercising his out clause to play in Europe. He aparently has a contract on the table which will have him finishing his career in Europe. You have to figure at his age if he can't crack a team like Ottawa who has one great line and a group of 3rd and 4th liners trying to make it, then he likely won't stage a come back in the future.

Anyone notice who he walked around for the assist on Dean's goal? Our friend Wade, and he showed (although it's pre season) the lack of speed that cost him a job in Ottawa.

Great pickup Sather..

6Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:59 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, judging by the Sun's take on the Sens-Rangers tilt, even though the Sens left their superstars, for the most part, at home, the Sens didn't fight their for collective NHL lives... Auld apparently did really well though.

Brad is seriously considering exercising his out clause to play in Europe. He aparently has a contract on the table which will have him finishing his career in Europe. You have to figure at his age if he can't crack a team like Ottawa who has one great line and a group of 3rd and 4th liners trying to make it, then he likely won't stage a come back in the future.

Anyone notice who he walked around for the assist on Dean's goal? Our friend Wade, and he showed (although it's pre season) the lack of speed that cost him a job in Ottawa.

Great pickup Sather..

Yea, I saw that play from Redden. Shades of the SCF (game 2, I think?), when Getzlaf and Penner blew past him and buried it on a 2-on-1 late in the game.

I was watching last night's game online and there was a chatboard going on to the left of the game. Rangers fans were pretty stoked about their new $6 mil Dman. If the last 2 years are any indication, however, they are in for a huge let-down.

7Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:06 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

While I wish no ill-will to Rangers fans, I do feel bad should their hopes be placed on Wade's shoulders, for he did nothing but disappoint us Sens fans for at least 2 years.

Hopefully, for their sake, Wade can reclaim his fame, but otherwise, a word of caution to Ranger's fans: I hope he doesn't have an NTC in his new contract!

8Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 am

rooneypoo wrote:
Yea, I saw that play from Redden. Shades of the SCF (game 2, I think?), when Getzlaf and Penner blew past him and buried it on a 2-on-1 late in the game.

I was watching last night's game online and there was a chatboard going on to the left of the game. Rangers fans were pretty stoked about their new $6 mil Dman. If the last 2 years are any indication, however, they are in for a huge let-down.

I didn't see all the game as I had kids to attend to, however I don't remember seeing a time when Redden showed he had returned to his previous form. He was weak as usual in his own end, and I didn't see one of his trade mark talent "first pass" instances he so coveted for.

9Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:

Damn. He's just the type of guy we need for call-ups when injuries occur. His set-up was so nice last nice (nice play Redden) and he's got some speed and some size. I'd rather he stick in Ottawa than go to Europe, but that's likely not gonna happen.

10Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:21 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

it's too bad, but knowing Murray, he has a plan B and Plan C to fall back on.

11Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:00 am

I just saw the goal and I have to say: You guys SERIOUSLY overstated Isbisters burst of speed and the quality of his setup...It was decent but was a result of nothing more than a terrible Redden pinch and a lack of backchecking to stop the pass across. In a game that means something, that play doesn't happen (well, the Redden pinch might happen...)

12Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:I just saw the goal and I have to say: You guys SERIOUSLY overstated Isbisters burst of speed and the quality of his setup...It was decent but was a result of nothing more than a terrible Redden pinch and a lack of backchecking to stop the pass across. In a game that means something, that play doesn't happen (well, the Redden pinch might happen...)

It was Girardi's pinch I think and then Isbister destroyed Redden one on one. Redden went for his patented poke check and Isbister just blew by him. The goal was lucky, I thought the pass took too long to get to McAmmond, but I thought the play was awesome personally.

13Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:10 am

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:I just saw the goal and I have to say: You guys SERIOUSLY overstated Isbisters burst of speed and the quality of his setup...It was decent but was a result of nothing more than a terrible Redden pinch and a lack of backchecking to stop the pass across. In a game that means something, that play doesn't happen (well, the Redden pinch might happen...)

It was Girardi's pinch I think and then Isbister destroyed Redden one on one. Redden went for his patented poke check and Isbister just blew by him. The goal was lucky, I thought the pass took too long to get to McAmmond, but I thought the play was awesome personally.
On anyone other than Matt Zabba, that wouldn't go in.
And Girardi's pinch may have created the 2-on-1 opportunity, but Redden's just stop skating backwards and flung his stick at Isbister, who just drove wide.
He didn't make any great move or use any outstanding speed, it was just a terrible play from Redden.
Imo thats even better than seeing Isbister tear it up! :lol!:

14Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:12 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Auld, Bell and Regin all played well. The thing is Croney, these guys were asked to play a checking role. THey played hard, but were simply out matched. It was to be expected.

15Will Isbister report to Bingo? Empty Re: Will Isbister report to Bingo? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

Auld, Bell and Regin all played well. The thing is Croney, these guys were asked to play a checking role. THey played hard, but were simply out matched. It was to be expected.

I don't know if they knew what Hartsburg wanted.

Go out and tight-check the Rangers! Uh...okay. Regin was excellent, Auld was too. Bell was average IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum