GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week

+3
PTFlea
asq2
SensGirl11
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:46 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I watched the Leafs/Flames game and if Gustvasson hadn't of let those softies in right at the start, it would have been a whole different game, but Kiprusoff was playing lights out... unbelievable.

17Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:51 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not a fan of the Fisher - Foligo - Kovalev line to be honest.

They played together already. I don't see how this is "new"? Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 105237

Have they? I don't really remember, it's not really something that strikes me as being something that would work - unless Foligno turned into a bonafide goal scorer and I missed it somewhere along the way. Cheechoo should be there, because he's been a sniper before and we've seen him snipe one this year and hit about 40 posts.

Kovalev is close to being as good a passer as even the great Spezza, so he needs someone there who can finish. Which is why it's odd that Alfie was moved from that line - although it forced Kovalev to play his wrong wing - which...sucked.

18Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:52 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:Posting from the Sun - UPDATE - BRUCE GARRIOCH
This can be moved to the Gameday Thread when it is up.
GDT is up now!

Smile

19Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

Phillips - A-Train
Campoli - Kuba
Lee - Carkner
??? Good?

Waiting for Neely to say "why would you take Picard out instead of Campoli?"

10-9-8-7-6-5....

20Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:57 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not a fan of the Fisher - Foligo - Kovalev line to be honest.

They played together already. I don't see how this is "new"? Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 105237

Have they? I don't really remember, it's not really something that strikes me as being something that would work - unless Foligno turned into a bonafide goal scorer and I missed it somewhere along the way. Cheechoo should be there, because he's been a sniper before and we've seen him snipe one this year and hit about 40 posts.

Kovalev is close to being as good a passer as even the great Spezza, so he needs someone there who can finish. Which is why it's odd that Alfie was moved from that line - although it forced Kovalev to play his wrong wing - which...sucked.

With all the missed nets that would make Cheechoo our most accurate shooter.

I think at this point, the team has a policy of "we'll try anything as long as it doesn't involve moving Fisher from 2nd line Center or playing Kovalev with Spezza. Anything else goes."

Which is why I think the best remedy would be to "punish" Kovalev to put him on a line with Regin, even if that means a "demotion".

I honestly don't give a Diddle about salaries or egos as long as we win.

21Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Posting from the Sun - UPDATE - BRUCE GARRIOCH
This can be moved to the Gameday Thread when it is up.
GDT is up now!

Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 54934

Should I merge?
Sure... it's all game day talk.

You know what the game day talk thread needed? Two hosts cracking lame jokes and sipping out of empty coffee cups. Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 68890

22Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:With all the missed nets that would make Cheechoo our most accurate shooter.

I think at this point, the team has a policy of "we'll try anything as long as it doesn't involve moving Fisher from 2nd line Center or playing Kovalev with Spezza. Anything else goes."

Which is why I think the best remedy would be to "punish" Kovalev to put him on a line with Regin, even if that means a "demotion".

I don't know if that will work either. We don't have a sniper really, so it might be time for CC to go to Kovalev and say, "shoot first, look for the pass second, okay?"

23Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:With all the missed nets that would make Cheechoo our most accurate shooter.

I don't know if that will work either. We don't have a sniper really, so it might be time for CC to go to Kovalev and say, "shoot first, look for the pass second, okay?"

I thought we were in agreement that Choochoo is a sniper? Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 235689 Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 805406

24Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I thought we were in agreement that Choochoo is a sniper? Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 235689 Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 805406

Sorry, yeah, that's true. So why did you want to move Kovalev down with Regin? That's what threw me.

25Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Sorry, yeah, that's true. So why did you want to move Kovalev down with Regin? That's what threw me.

Because they're wasting their time trying to get him to fit in with players that don't match anyway. Besides, In the 3 seconds Kovalev played with Regin, Kovalev scored.

26Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Because they're wasting their time trying to get him to fit in with players that don't match anyway. Besides, In the 3 seconds Kovalev played with Regin, Kovalev scored.

So what do you want to do? Have lines of:

Cheechoo - Regin - Kovalev

and

Foligno - Fisher - Neil

27Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:12 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

and

Foligno - Fisher - Neil

Hmmm....also interesting.

28Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Hmmm....also interesting.

Interesting until we realize that it's Neil on that so-called 2nd line.

29Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

and

Foligno - Fisher - Neil

I would say KABLAM to that. Or Kelly or Winchester instead of Neil. Whatever.

30Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

and

Foligno - Fisher - Neil

Another problem is that you just forced our second most productive forward into a line 3 role.

31Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

and

Foligno - Fisher - Neil

Another problem is that you just forced our second most productive forward into a line 3 role.

No I didn't. My original point was that having Fisher anywhere other than at Center, on the second line is out of the question. So who is on the 3rd line?

32Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
No I didn't. My original point was that having Fisher anywhere other than at Center, on the second line is out of the question. So who is on the 3rd line?

Holy Dung, that's it. Fisher to the RW with Spezza and Michalek. Regin centering Kovalev and _________.

Let's do it.

33Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens' Lineup Talk going into this week Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Fisher's points are mostly on the PP, so 2nd or 3rd line he would produce enough IMO. Especially on a line that has proven chemistry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum