GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which team will make the first (big) trade?

+3
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:NO way they trade Horton after what happened to BOoth.

My guess is Dan Hamuis. but I don`t know to where.

Oh yeah, true enough. The Preds should be in on this discussion as well. Hamhuis for Horton. Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:Florida may need to do something sooner rather than later. Nathan Horton would look good here.

Good call. What do you suppose their needs are? I'm thinking goaltending, possibly.
From a hockey perspective, they could probably use some goaltending, but in reality they most likely want to reduce payroll. They are basically a cap team this year and they are bad.

I'll bet you could get Horton for Shannon, Picard/Lee/Campoli and a high (1st or 2nd round) pick.

EDIT: It might take Foligno rather than Shannon.

Last edited by RobbyJ on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Sorry to bring this up, Spez, but if Carolina wants to up their speed, I would like to see Del Shannon and Hands of Stone Kelly offered in a deal.

That's fine. I'd love to get my mitts on Pitkanen. I have no idea who they'd offer up, but a Cheechoo and Shannon for Cole might be what they have in mind - and I'm not sure Cole has anything more to give than Cheechoo.

Bon Joni's one of the fastest defencemen in the league. I don't know why they'd part with him in an effort to increase their speed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Sorry to bring this up, Spez, but if Carolina wants to up their speed, I would like to see Del Shannon and Hands of Stone Kelly offered in a deal.

That's fine. I'd love to get my mitts on Pitkanen. I have no idea who they'd offer up, but a Cheechoo and Shannon for Cole might be what they have in mind - and I'm not sure Cole has anything more to give than Cheechoo.

Bon Joni's one of the fastest defencemen in the league. I don't know why they'd part with him in an effort to increase their speed.

Ruth. said that his forwards weren't able to keep up, I figured they might let him go to get someone cool and fast at forward? Shrug

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:Florida may need to do something sooner rather than later. Nathan Horton would look good here.

Good call. What do you suppose their needs are? I'm thinking goaltending, possibly.
From a hockey perspective, they could probably use some goaltending, but in reality they most likely want to reduce payroll. They are basically a cap team this year and they are bad.

I'll bet you could get Horton for Shannon, Picard/Lee/Campoli and a high (1st or 2nd round) pick.

EDIT: It might take Foligno rather than Shannon.

I would happily offer Kovalev + Shannon/Picard/Lee/Campoli for Horton.

Kovalev won't be going anywhere, he makes too much.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, as bad as he's been (and I thought he was pretty good against Atlanta), trading him now (especially to Florida) would alienate potential UFA signees in the future.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm gonna say Detroit is the first team to make the big move.

- Unknown Author

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:Also, as bad as he's been (and I thought he was pretty good against Atlanta), trading him now (especially to Florida) would alienate potential UFA signees in the future.

Yeah, I know. It was just wishful thinking on my part. I've never been big on that signing. I realize the guy's talented but I don't enjoy his style of game.

Carolina, that ship is going down hill. With Staal out there is no way that team makes the playoffs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Carolina, that ship is going down hill. With Staal out there is no way that team makes the playoffs.

What? Which team will make the first (big) trade? - Page 2 Icon_scratch That Ship is sunk perhaps? Or it's all down hill from here maybe? Which team will make the first (big) trade? - Page 2 Icon_razz

- Unknown Author

Ya... that was a very poory put together thought.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Also, as bad as he's been (and I thought he was pretty good against Atlanta), trading him now (especially to Florida) would alienate potential UFA signees in the future.

I used to think that was true, but this could become a case of 'this is simply not working out, so both sides needed to move on.' That said, I think he creates a tonne of room for Alfie and Fisher - and I also truly believe that while Spezza's out, he should be with Michalek and Foligno should be with Alfie and Fisher. I'm waiting for Clouston to make that change personally. Make Kovalev 'the show', the top line guy and try to spread the offense out a little better.

I also think Kovalev will turn it on and the fancy plays will start to result in goals - and his confidence will go up and he'll start to become what we all want him to become. Patience might be needed in this specific case (as we all knew when we signed him).

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I would put Kovalev with Regin, someone who actually can find an open spot to receive his amazing passes.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:Carolina, that ship is going down hill. With Staal out there is no way that team makes the playoffs.

What? Which team will make the first (big) trade? - Page 2 Icon_scratch That Ship is sunk perhaps? Or it's all down hill from here maybe? Which team will make the first (big) trade? - Page 2 Icon_razz

N4L is turning into Yogi Berra.
Never will beat "Diabeeties". Which team will make the first (big) trade? - Page 2 62136

That still makes me smile, what can I say. I am a child...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:I would put Kovalev with Regin, someone who actually can find an open spot to receive his amazing passes.

Sorry, yeah, I meant that as implied.

Michalek - Regin - Kovalev
Foligno - Fisher - Alfiredsson
Cheechoo - Shannon/Winchester - Neil
Ruutu - Kelly - Donovan/Winchester

That looks pretty damn nice. Why aren't we trying that may I be so bald as to ask?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

N4L is turning into Yogi Berra.
Never will beat "Diabeeties". Which team will make the first (big) trade? - Page 2 62136

That still makes me smile, what can I say. I am a child...

Bwahahahahaha. I forgot about that brand of cereal. Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:Ya... that was a very poory put together thought.

Is that some new Indian dish? Which team will make the first (big) trade? - Page 2 62136

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum