GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which team will make the first (big) trade?

+3
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What do you guys think? Bragging rights to the person who gets it right. Ahhhhh!

November is here and there are a long list of candidates who might need to adjust their rosters before it's too late. Toronto is about to get their 'jewel' into the lineup in Phil Kessel, but there will be no shortage of other teams who need to make some moves.

The obvious is Carolina - a team who is in tremendous dire straits right now. Rutherford has already said he thinks his team is lacking in the speed department.

However, there are plenty of other candidates in the East.

How about the Red Wings? Could they be searching for a little something up front?

The Kings? The Oilers? Minny now that they're getting going?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll go with Carolina. Corvo or Pitkanen for a forward who has speed and some scoring prowess.

O'Sullivan would be good, but it depends on how far along Souray is from coming back.

Hanzus and Teubert for Cole and Pitkanen? Or is that not fair...for LA because Cole has lost his edge?

Nevertheless, the problems in Carolina are too big to ignore. They make the first major trade this year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sorry to bring this up, Spez, but if Carolina wants to up their speed, I would like to see Del Shannon and Hands of Stone Kelly offered in a deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Sorry to bring this up, Spez, but if Carolina wants to up their speed, I would like to see Del Shannon and Hands of Stone Kelly offered in a deal.

That's fine. I'd love to get my mitts on Pitkanen. I have no idea who they'd offer up, but a Cheechoo and Shannon for Cole might be what they have in mind - and I'm not sure Cole has anything more to give than Cheechoo.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Sorry to bring this up, Spez, but if Carolina wants to up their speed, I would like to see Del Shannon and Hands of Stone Kelly offered in a deal.

That's fine. I'd love to get my mitts on Pitkanen. I have no idea who they'd offer up, but a Cheechoo and Shannon for Cole might be what they have in mind - and I'm not sure Cole has anything more to give than Cheechoo.

I just had a peek. That's a pretty Dung lineup. But I believe we can afford to subtract a forward and come out with no more than a pick or prospect.

I think they'd sooner deal Corvo than Pitkanen, but who knows? Depends on how bad they want the player coming back.

As for Cheechoo, I'm really, really trying to see what "experts" mean about his lack of skating ability and I'm just not seeing it. I'd still part with him (gladly) for the right return.

Florida may need to do something sooner rather than later. Nathan Horton would look good here.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I just had a peek. That's a pretty Dung lineup. But I believe we can afford to subtract a forward and come out with no more than a pick or prospect.

I think they'd sooner deal Corvo than Pitkanen, but who knows? Depends on how bad they want the player coming back.

As for Cheechoo, I'm really, really trying to see what "experts" mean about his lack of skating ability and I'm just not seeing it. I'd still part with him (gladly) for the right return.
Do you mean the acceleration of summer tires in a snowstorm or the top end speed of Gordie Howe (present day).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:Florida may need to do something sooner rather than later. Nathan Horton would look good here.

Good call. What do you suppose their needs are? I'm thinking goaltending, possibly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote: As for Cheechoo, I'm really, really trying to see what "experts" mean about his lack of skating ability and I'm just not seeing it. I'd still part with him (gladly) for the right return.
Do you mean the acceleration of summer tires in a snowstorm or the top end speed of Gordie Howe (present day).[/quote]

Not from what I can tell. How does he get to pucks in the corners or backcheck or get around defensemen if he's that slow?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Florida may need to do something sooner rather than later. Nathan Horton would look good here.

He would for sure, but he might look better to a Western team who might have an attractive package to give up.

I thought of the Panthers as well.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NO way they trade Horton after what happened to BOoth.

My guess is Dan Hamuis. but I don`t know to where.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

It's a weird lineup. Should be good enough, but it isn't right now for sure. Their D is a little suspect (again), their forwards aren't getting it done and Brindamour really looks done right now (to me).

Personally, there are worse things to me than Cheechoo. I like his effort levels and he'd have around 5 goals if he didn't do something to piss off the hockey gods. However, obviously, if he's a piece needed to get something that might fit our needs more, then I'm all for it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:NO way they trade Horton after what happened to BOoth.

My guess is Dan Hamuis. but I don`t know to where.

Oh yeah, true enough. The Preds should be in on this discussion as well. Hamhuis for Horton. Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Good call. What do you suppose their needs are? I'm thinking goaltending, possibly.
From a hockey perspective, they could probably use some goaltending, but in reality they most likely want to reduce payroll. They are basically a cap team this year and they are bad.

I'll bet you could get Horton for Shannon, Picard/Lee/Campoli and a high (1st or 2nd round) pick.

EDIT: It might take Foligno rather than Shannon.

Last edited by RobbyJ on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Bon Joni's one of the fastest defencemen in the league. I don't know why they'd part with him in an effort to increase their speed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum