GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filatov does not a playoff team make

+4
Acrobat
Cronie
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Filatov does not a playoff team make Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Columbus has done little to nothing to improve there team. They made some smart decisions though. I agree with locking up Leclaire long term for a pretty reasonable salary. I also think it was a smart move to give Hitch an extension as well. What else have they done? They lost Foote, they lost Zherdev I think? They haven't done anything to give Nash a linemate that can run with him. I see them bottom of the league again. If you're looking to trade with Columbus it may be wise to try to get their First rounder Wink

- Unknown Author

2Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Hey now! They signed Commodore (!) and Huselius...Those are HUGE acquisitions!
Rolling Eyes

3Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:01 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Columbus has done little to nothing to improve there team. They made some smart decisions though. I agree with locking up Leclaire long term for a pretty reasonable salary. I also think it was a smart move to give Hitch an extension as well. What else have they done? They lost Foote, they lost Zherdev I think? They haven't done anything to give Nash a linemate that can run with him. I see them bottom of the league again. If you're looking to trade with Columbus it may be wise to try to get their First rounder Wink

Adding Huselius and Umberger are pretty decent moves, IMO. Whether you like it or not, Huselius hovers right around the PPG status, and if he clicks with Nash -- look out. Umberger could turn out to be a really good add, too: he's always had the ability to put up 20+ goals / 50+ points, but had little opportunity to do so.

Brassard and, if he makes it, Filatov are guys to watch.

Still, no real PPQB beyond a very young Kris Russell. Hainsay wasn't the answer there anyway, but they've done nothing to replace him. Russell will need to step up big time.

CLB should probably continute to be a strong team defensively, as they were last year. The additions of Huselius and Umberger should help produce a few more goals, but their top 6 is still thin and the D very weak (offensively speaking). It's till not a playoff team, although they are inching closer.

Watch for Leclaire to be injured another 20 games, too. Smile

4Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:50 pm

And once they make the playoffs, they'll have the joy of watching Huselius go from ppg to 0.25ppg...I wouldn't sign Huselius on this team for 20 bucks.

5Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:40 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:And once they make the playoffs, they'll have the joy of watching Huselius go from ppg to 0.25ppg...I wouldn't sign Huselius on this team for 20 bucks.

True enough. It's that style of player -- the perimeter player -- that just doesn't seem to translate into results in the playoffs. The Sedins, the Marleaus, and the Huseliuses of the world pack up and go home when pitted against the Iginlas.

Of course, being Sens fans, we know this too well -- watching Alfie busting his balls game in and game out while Spezza disappears for periods at a time. I'm waiting for Spezza to get a little meaner -- I hope this is the year.

6Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Columbus has done little to nothing to improve there team. They made some smart decisions though. I agree with locking up Leclaire long term for a pretty reasonable salary. I also think it was a smart move to give Hitch an extension as well. What else have they done? They lost Foote, they lost Zherdev I think? They haven't done anything to give Nash a linemate that can run with him. I see them bottom of the league again. If you're looking to trade with Columbus it may be wise to try to get their First rounder Wink

Adding Huselius and Umberger are pretty decent moves, IMO. Whether you like it or not, Huselius hovers right around the PPG status, and if he clicks with Nash -- look out. Umberger could turn out to be a really good add, too: he's always had the ability to put up 20+ goals / 50+ points, but had little opportunity to do so.

Brassard and, if he makes it, Filatov are guys to watch.

Still, no real PPQB beyond a very young Kris Russell. Hainsay wasn't the answer there anyway, but they've done nothing to replace him. Russell will need to step up big time.

CLB should probably continute to be a strong team defensively, as they were last year. The additions of Huselius and Umberger should help produce a few more goals, but their top 6 is still thin and the D very weak (offensively speaking). It's till not a playoff team, although they are inching closer.

Watch for Leclaire to be injured another 20 games, too. Smile

To be honest, I totally forgot about Umberger and Husilieus. They should be able to make a difference but probably not enough to get them out of the bottom 5 teams IMO.

- Unknown Author

7Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

exactly, and don't forget they snagged Commodore for a smooth $3.75M!

8Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:32 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:exactly, and don't forget they snagged Commodore for a smooth $3.75M!

Yes, but for that $3.75M, they get a big, slow, only-somewhat defensively aware defenseman. With bright reddish-orange hair.

Don't you wish we kept him?

9Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

In retrospect, they may have the finest collection of rookies assembled on one team in quite some time.

Brassard started out strongly and was rookie of the month prior to injury. Steve Mason has been Vezina-calibre for them and was rightfully another rookie of the month. Voracek continues to dazzle as a 19-year-old and tonight Filatov registered a hattrick in his 6th NHL-game.

10Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Man, Filatov is incredible. I'm not sure he was even looking at the net on his second goal coming down the wing tonight.

11Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Unreal. What he needs to focus on is: some nights it goes in, others it doesn't. Don't lose focus and things look pretty good.

12Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:36 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I envy their youth.

13Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:53 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Unreal. What he needs to focus on is: some nights it goes in, others it doesn't. Don't lose focus and things look pretty good.

He'll always be an effective player in his own zone, so he'll always be able to have some impact on a game. He really is a lot like Datsyuk.

14Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:14 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Man, Filatov is incredible. I'm not sure he was even looking at the net on his second goal coming down the wing tonight.

Just wait until Hitchc*ck finally accepts reality, and gives guys like Filatov and Voracek more than 10 minutes of ice time a game.

A hat trick in 9 minutes or so of playing time really ought to earn you a few extra shifts at some point soon.

15Filatov does not a playoff team make Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:25 am

rooneypoo wrote:
asq2 wrote:Man, Filatov is incredible. I'm not sure he was even looking at the net on his second goal coming down the wing tonight.

Just wait until Hitchc*ck finally accepts reality, and gives guys like Filatov and Voracek more than 10 minutes of ice time a game.

A hat trick in 9 minutes or so of playing time really ought to earn you a few extra shifts at some point soon.

Are you Diddle kidding me? He turned the trick in 9 minutes of ice time? That's well beyond ridiculous. I want him. Heater for Filatov, Russell and a 1st.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum