GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone know how to make Playoff Avatars?

+16
M_Christopher
Flo The Action
Hoags
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
ddt
CockRoche
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SensGirl11
sens4win
PKC
Riprock
wprager
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It seems like it's a tradition that might be worth starting, the only thing is, someone would have to work on them because I for one certainly don't know how to make neat avatars.

A playoff theme?

It'll be up to the dudes who can use PS and programs like that, but luckily (or not IMO) we don't have THAT many members who would want them.

If someone can do them, let us know!

Thanks in advance! ! ! ! ! ! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Lalalala

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Are you talking about the Cup run year (was that still on HBuzz?) when I had a different one for each round? Like Pingu with #87 for the 1st round?

I'm definitely going to do that again, but I don't think you need PS for something that tiny. I just used Word, believe it or not. Insert an image into a doc, then use word-art, line-art, and whatever to make small changes. By the time your reduce it to an avatar-size you can't really tell what you used.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Depending on if someone wants to create a 'line' of playoff avatars that people here can choose from. It's kind of a neat, galvanizing thing, but it's probably a pain to do.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Depending on if someone wants to create a 'line' of playoff avatars that people here can choose from. It's kind of a neat, galvanizing thing, but it's probably a pain to do.

Well, if it's a ton of work, no pay, and little recognition -- I'm sure you could find someone to do it.

Dash?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sure

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

How about something like this? (will make one with all players, or at least the guys in the line-up when healthy).

Does anyone know how to make Playoff Avatars? Gmhock12

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:How about something like this? (will make one with all players, or at least the guys in the line-up when healthy).

See, what'd I tell ya!

40 minutes from the time he posted 'sure' to the finished product. (I figure the incremental "cost" to make additional ones will be relatively small.)

Now, what if they face the Devils? Are you going to use the BSD Daemon (Beastie)?
Does anyone know how to make Playoff Avatars? Bsd_daemon

P.S. I didn't know this was drawn originally by John Lasseter (of Pixar fame).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How about taking a Leave it to Beaver, or Father Knows Best poster, and PSing in Lemieux and Crosby's faces?

Not an avatar, per-se, but we could feature that on the home page if the Sens face the Pens.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Does anyone know how to make Playoff Avatars? Gmhock14

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Does anyone know how to make Playoff Avatars? Leave_10

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

OMFG that's amazing! AHAHAHAHA

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Does anyone know how to make Playoff Avatars? Leave_10

Kid, with my ideas and your skill, we can go places.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Does anyone know how to make Playoff Avatars? Gmhock14
Dash is going to be pumping these out on a nightly bases soon, there really good, you should open up a thread and put them all in one come round one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:How about something like this? (will make one with all players, or at least the guys in the line-up when healthy).

Awesome! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just added Dash's 2 avatars to the site's "Personal" avatars section. Sad to say the interface sucks -- you can only add one at a time, and you cannot break it down into further sub-sections. But at least we've got two there for now. Go ahead, try it out.

Dash, given that these will all be in one big list, I'd suggest we keep it to just the core players (the playoff roster will be large). I'll let you decide what the core should be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum