GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee called up

+11
shabbs
SensGirl11
PKC
rooneypoo
wprager
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
asq2
jamvan
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:34 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Not happy.

17Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:35 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lee called up - Page 2 533719

18Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:37 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Tim Murray just said on 1200 that it was going to be a long, long time for Volchenkov. This is NOT short term.

Diddle.

This is Lee's opportunity to step up, big time. Either that, or we'll be offering a guy like Shannon for a short-term solution on the backend before long.

By 'long time,' I hope you mean weeks and not months.

19Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Clouston said it will be weeks and also said Elliott is starting tonight.

20Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:40 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Queue the Brian Campbell rumours.

21Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:41 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kuba and Campoli had excellent chemistry. I wouldn't sound the alarm just yet. Besides, I think this will precipitate the Soupy deal we all know will happen.

22Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Tim Murray just said on 1200 that it was going to be a long, long time for Volchenkov. This is NOT short term.

Diddle.

This is Lee's opportunity to step up, big time. Either that, or we'll be offering a guy like Shannon for a short-term solution on the backend before long.

By 'long time,' I hope you mean weeks and not months.

I don't know what Murray meant, but I'm happy that other people are hearing a couple of weeks. That's a big phew if that's true. November's gonna be ROUGH, especially if A-Train's not back by the mid-way point.

23Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:47 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Our D suddenly looks iffy again.

Phillips - Carkner (He's the only Volchie-esque D man we have)

Kuba - Campoli

Picard - Lee (I got shivers and pangs of fear just writing that out)

Never happen I don't think.

Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Campoli
Picard - Carkner

Limit the amount of shuffling right now.

We dealt without our best D-man for the first 8 games or whatever, we'll have to roll with this.

PS, our D just started looking iffy to you? Lee called up - Page 2 159628

It's Jared Cowen time! Lee called up - Page 2 557710

I'm joking.

Maybe.

24Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:54 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:Clouston said it will be weeks and also said Elliott is starting tonight.

Talk of "weeks" is a lot better than talk of "months."

We almost always lose Volchenkov for 10-12 games a year -- par for the course, given the kind of game he plays. If that's all it is, we should be happy it's not worse.

As for the Lee/Karlsson debate, after what he did for the team toward the end of last year, I trust Lee a lot more in his own end right now. Karlsson is the better passer, the better PP QB, the smarter player, and has the harder shot by far -- but Lee's bigger and more physical (or at least he was the last time around) in his own end. If Lee can continue that kind of hockey, he will be able to help fill Volchenkov's void better. We don't need to replace offence with Volchenkov -- we need to address our defence. If Lee doesn't work out, I wouldn't be surprised to see us try out Derek Smith next -- or just go straight to the trade route.

Again, no knock on Karlsson -- but Volchenkov's injury doesn't really open up an opportunity for him. He's not that kind of player. Lee isn't exactly either, but if the end of last year was any indication, he's been taking baby steps in that direction in the form of a little more physical play.

25Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:02 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Apparently Tim Murray said that it wasn't too serious of an injury, mor than day to day but not too much more than that. So I hear again, from someone at work that was listening to the Team today. Why would Tim Murray have anythign to say about it?

26Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:Apparently Tim Murray said that it wasn't too serious of an injury, mor than day to day but not too much more than that. So I hear again, from someone at work that was listening to the Team today. Why would Tim Murray have anythign to say about it?
Ok, I've seen two reports that contradict each other. One version says Tim Murray called it a serious injury, and the other one says it's not too serious. Does anyone konw what he actually said or is this all 2nd hand info?

27Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Apparently Tim Murray said that it wasn't too serious of an injury, mor than day to day but not too much more than that. So I hear again, from someone at work that was listening to the Team today. Why would Tim Murray have anythign to say about it?

Clouston himself said weeks, so...yeah.

28Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:13 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Second hand info for me. I heard it from someone at work, he heard it on 1200, I just asked him again.

I'm getting confused with all of the Murray's of the league, I didn't realize *or forgot* that Tim Murray is the Assistant GM.

29Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:16 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It's a little odd that it would be so long, apparently there aren't broken bones or anything, it sounded more like a deep bruise kind of thing. ANyways, I'm just hoping for the best, hopefully he comes back before 1 month. It's going to hurt us a lot to not have him here for any length of time. Hopefully Kuba stays strong, otherwise, we're in a world of hurt.

30Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Our D suddenly looks iffy again.

Phillips - Carkner (He's the only Volchie-esque D man we have)

Kuba - Campoli

Picard - Lee (I got shivers and pangs of fear just writing that out)

Never happen I don't think.

Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Campoli
Picard - Carkner

Limit the amount of shuffling right now.

We dealt without our best D-man for the first 8 games or whatever, we'll have to roll with this.

PS, our D just started looking iffy to you? Lee called up - Page 2 159628

It's Jared Cowen time! Lee called up - Page 2 557710

I'm joking.

Maybe.

I said it looked iffy again. Before Kuba came back it looked iffy, Kuba came back and it looked decent for all of 2 periods before Volchie went down.

- Unknown Author

31Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:18 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Clouston himself said weeks, so...yeah.

The official Twitter account says:

NHL_Sens wrote:
Clouston: Volchenkov (elbow) likely out a couple of weeks - will know more when the team returns to Ottawa.

32Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:It's a little odd that it would be so long, apparently there aren't broken bones or anything, it sounded more like a deep bruise kind of thing. ANyways, I'm just hoping for the best, hopefully he comes back before 1 month. It's going to hurt us a lot to not have him here for any length of time. Hopefully Kuba stays strong, otherwise, we're in a world of hurt.

Yeah. I think we have a pretty good idea how this will play out.

Lee called up - Page 2 Warhol10

33Lee called up - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee called up Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:24 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TSN ICE CHIPS -
Defenceman Anton Volchenkov (elbow) is out for a couple of weeks. Brian Lee has been recalled and will play Thursday against the Lightning. Brian Elliott will start in goal. - TSN

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum