GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHLPA has appointed an investigative committee

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is a few days old, but last time I read it they didn't have the votes from all of the teams. Something like 10 didn't bother to have a rep sit in on the conference call for the vote. Now the vote is all in and 25 of 30 teams voted in favor of this investigation.

[quote]Sources say the NHLPA has completed its vote and has passed the implementation of a four member review committee to investigate the unions internal operations.

Veterans Chris Chelios, Mark Recchi, Rob Blake and Nicklas Lidstrom will handle the review which is expected to include interviews with current PA employees, discussions with former PA executives Paul Kelly and Glenn Healy, plus the possibility of an extensive look at email correspondence over the past several months.[/qout]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=295605

(note: I quoted the entire article because it was so short; feel free to click through to read the comments)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Things are heating up:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHLPA-loses-Penny-refutes-report-it-s-suspended?urn=nhl,199307

Kypreos said on air that the committee had, essentially, shut down the NHLPA:

I think the last committee that they put together ... they've
essentially suspended all operations, including the interim executive
director. Ian Penny's been shut down. They shut down the NHLPA.

He goes on to say:

...they're not in a position to function on a daily basis. The ombudsman
[Buzz Hargrove] has been suspended. The regional guys that represent
their divisions have all been shut down as well. I hope this thing
comes to a head. You'll probably hear from Ian Penny in some way and
form, possibly resigning. ... Effectively, the last few days, it's been
clear that he's been constructively dismissed.

The NHLPA put out a press release refuting Kypreos' claim that they had suspended operations, but confirmed that Penney is no-longer employed by the union.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum