GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another ripple...Glenn Healy quits the NHLPA

+3
PTFlea
Jordo
SensFan71
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I just read over on Ek's site that Healy has now officially quit the NHLPA, what the heck is going on here? sheesh.

not many details on this on TSN either. Ahhhhh!

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

SensFan71 wrote:I just read over on Ek's site that Healy has now officially quit the NHLPA, what the heck is going on here? sheesh.

I really hope we aren't headed for another lock out

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

things aren't looking really good here are they Jordo? The Paul Kelly regime is all withdrawing, leading the NHL into uncertainty.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I have a buddy that works at the NHLPA, and he's been so tight lipped about everything, we talk all the time, and he just keeps saying he can't say anything about the situation...

It's a HUGE mess.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:I have a buddy that works at the NHLPA, and he's been so tight lipped about everything, we talk all the time, and he just keeps saying he can't say anything about the situation...

It's a HUGE mess.

which means he has been directed by higher ups to keep his lips shut or he would be not be saying this, that is my thought anyway, big gag order by the NHLPA.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt Bettman would allow for another lockout. He'll have to work it out this time or the NHL will take a massive hit - and the NHLPA might as well disband completely.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow... this is a big mess. The NHLPA is in free fall...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=289820

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ek is spouting about Chelios being hired as the NHLPA head man. Interesting.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

More in the article below.

Glenn Healy has resigned as Director of Player Affairs of the NHLPA, saying his credibility was undermined by an internal report and comments by Interim Executive Director Ian Penny, including criticism of Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux, at the weekend Chicago meeting that resulted in Executive Director Paul Kelly's firing.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

Great, does this mean Im going to have to look at his face on TV again?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Sp00nz wrote:Great, does this mean Im going to have to look at his face on TV again?

he shall be on the TSN panel I am certain opening night, well maybe not, but it could be possible.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:More in the article below.

Glenn Healy has resigned as Director of Player Affairs of the NHLPA, saying his credibility was undermined by an internal report and comments by Interim Executive Director Ian Penny, including criticism of Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux, at the weekend Chicago meeting that resulted in Executive Director Paul Kelly's firing.
Wow. I know Healy likes to talk big and what not, but those are some pretty scathing remarks...

I wonder how TSN happened to get a copy of that... heh heh... hmmmmm... ex-TSN analyst says what?

And yeah, I guess we'll be seeing Healy and his "I hate the Sens" mug on TSN very soon.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:More in the article below.

Wow. I know Healy likes to talk big and what not, but those are some pretty scathing remarks...

I wonder how TSN happened to get a copy of that... heh heh... hmmmmm... ex-TSN analyst says what?

And yeah, I guess we'll be seeing Healy and his "I hate the Sens" mug on TSN very soon.

well it definitely completes the Pro Leafs panel, as long as he doesn't orgasm over mentioning the name Brian Burke like McGuire does. Facepalm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:I just read over on Ek's site that Healy has now officially quit the NHLPA, what the heck is going on here? sheesh.

I really hope we aren't headed for another lock out

No lockout.
This time, probably a strike.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, your new NHLPA Head...Christos Kostas Tselios!!!!

Another ripple...Glenn Healy quits the NHLPA Latera10

He'll whip this Union into shape, by cracky!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/hockey/nhl/09/11/chelios.workout0917/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum