GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problems with the site?

+9
rooneypoo
beerandsens
spader
TheAvatar
wprager
PTFlea
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:18 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

me2

17Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:56 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Ha, I've been getting the same error page. The best part is that when I tried to start a thread about the issue, the error page popped up and the thread was lost. Because I didn't see another thread, I assumed the problems were with my comp/connection. At least now I know.

18Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:34 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's funny how no one talks about it and then a thread is posted and everyone comes out saying they've got the same issues... heh heh.

19Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:25 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

yeah, coming forward one by one like repressed abuse victims. It happened to me too Problems with the site? - Page 2 428331

20Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:28 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Ha, I've been getting the same error page. The best part is that when I tried to start a thread about the issue, the error page popped up and the thread was lost. Because I didn't see another thread, I assumed the problems were with my comp/connection. At least now I know.

I've lost about 5 posts to this problem.

Also, for a long while there, there were issues with the 'new / unread posts' feature. Normally, when I show up at the site, any new threads or threads with new additions are highlighted and I know where to go to catch up. For 1-2 weeks there, I'd show up, see the highlighted sections on the main page, click on one, and then all would go blank. If I went back to the main page, all the highlights were gone, too. It's been working OK this last day or two, but it's been an issue for a while.

21Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Geez, I really hope it's maintenance being done by Forumotion. No one's gonna be pleased with this, we'll need to contact their techies.

22Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

beerandsens wrote:yeah, coming forward one by one like repressed abuse victims. It happened to me too Problems with the site? - Page 2 428331

Write a book about it. Then try to get HB to give you a tryout as a blogger.

23Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm getting frustrated with the amount of times it's crapped out while loading these days - especially today.

I assume other people are having the same issues.

Problems with the site? - Page 2 179111

24Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:49 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm getting frustrated with the amount of times it's crapped out while loading these days - especially today.

Yeah, some serious loading issues...the site has become to awesome for itself. Problems with the site? - Page 2 Icon_smile

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

25Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm getting frustrated with the amount of times it's crapped out while loading these days - especially today.

Yeah, some serious loading issues...the site has become to awesome for itself. Problems with the site? - Page 2 Icon_smile

I wish it was that easy...it appears the entire world (who uses ForumMotion) is having connection problems. So at least we know that there will have to be a solution soon. Otherwise, we'll have no choice but to move.

26Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I didn't understand why some avatars were showing and others weren't. I re-uploaded mine and now it seems to work, though.

27Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:03 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I didn't understand why some avatars were showing and others weren't. I re-uploaded mine and now it seems to work, though.

Just on a pure speculation, I would say that the database has been removed from the servers...

28Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, your age is still there, for one, and items in your profile would definitely be in the database. Very often larger items (like bitmaps) are not be stored in the database -- the database only holds meta-data (which is a fancy way to say "data which describes other data"). For example, the database may hold the location of the avatar image, but the avatar itself is in some folder on the server. Typically folders like that would be backed up. Perhaps we just need a restore.

29Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I caved. I re-uploaded my avatar (took me a while to find it). Doesn't seem to be as picky about size as before -- I was able to upload one bigger than I thought I could get away with before.

30Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:31 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I caved. I re-uploaded my avatar (took me a while to find it). Doesn't seem to be as picky about size as before -- I was able to upload one bigger than I thought I could get away with before.

It looks pretty sharp. Hey Prages. I had a large version of the Alfie with his Jersey off circa 2007 round 1 playoffs but I can't find it anymore. Do you know if Google ever got that image search tool that I heard about years ago. They were talking about allowing you to upload an image and search for that image online or similiar images. Either that or I had a really vivid dream about it. Problems with the site? - Page 2 Icon_smile

- Unknown Author

31Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OK this is getting to be a real headache but, it seems that if you want your Avatar back you'll have to re-upload it and save it again. We may have to do the same with all our smilies. Sorry SpezzD. Now I have to hunt down that freakin' left handed monkey again. Arghhhhhh.

- Unknown Author

32Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:OK this is getting to be a real headache but, it seems that if you want your Avatar back you'll have to re-upload it and save it again. We may have to do the same with all our smilies. Sorry SpezzD. Now I have to hunt down that freakin' left handed monkey again. Arghhhhhh.

Oh my God...really? No one do anything, let me take care of it, I might be able to save some of them.

33Problems with the site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the site? Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:I caved. I re-uploaded my avatar (took me a while to find it). Doesn't seem to be as picky about size as before -- I was able to upload one bigger than I thought I could get away with before.

It looks pretty sharp. Hey Prages. I had a large version of the Alfie with his Jersey off circa 2007 round 1 playoffs but I can't find it anymore. Do you know if Google ever got that image search tool that I heard about years ago. They were talking about allowing you to upload an image and search for that image online or similiar images. Either that or I had a really vivid dream about it. Problems with the site? - Page 2 Icon_smile

If you still have that image on your drive just upload it again. Otherwise, how could you search for it?

As an alternative, here is an image of Alfie without his jersey:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/images/uploads/alfie2_thumb.jpg

(It's funnier if you have to click through, otherwise it's too obvious.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum