GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

+10
BigRig
PTFlea
wprager
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
shabbs
jamvan
Jordo
spader
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should we remove the Fighting Montagoose as GMH Mascot?

Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 Vote_lcap258%Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 58% [ 26 ]
Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 Vote_lcap242%Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 45

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How about Prospectus Montagooseus

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:My personal thought on it is it's quirky and uniquely GMH. How many websites do you know that have a mascot? Hockey teams have mascots so why not a Hockey website right?

I just think it's a novel concept that no one has or at least not that I know of.

Keep it for sure. You're not likely to find anything else as unique and quirky.

May I, however, suggest an intermediate step between montagosling and Fighting Montagoose? How about Montagoose Cadet or some-such at 2000?

Do you mean a step between Fighting Montagoose and MR? Because 1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose. I could put in something at like 200 posts I suppose. I think it's good how it is though don't you?

1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose

Then you really have to work to become a MR at 5000. If you're truly dedicated you become a SIR at 15,000.

Yeah, something like that. There's a huge jump there from 0 to 1000 (well, at least for those of you who obviously have a life). That's the one I meant. Montagosling at 0, Montagoose Prospect at 500, Fighting Montagoose at 1000, then perhaps something else at 2000 or 2500 before MR. Montagoose. Maybe change Fighting Montagoose to Rookie Montagoose, then Fighting and so on.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:The Montagoose doesn't bother me but I find the banner to be too big; it takes half the home page. I'm done with constructive criticism for the day; now back to b!tching and whining.
Yeah... 'tis a huge banner.

(that's what she said)

That's somewhat inappropriate on a Wednesday, no?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:How about Prospectus Montagooseus

Beep-beep!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:Big jump from Fighting Montagoose to Mr. Montagoose.

Either way, I say keep it. Unless of course there is a valid reason to make the change.

Is there?
Even bigger jump from MR. to SIR. I better get posting!

I say we keep the ranking system and perhaps come up with a slogan that would appeal to a wider audience.

Something cheesy like "Where real hockey talk happens"

Heh heh.

oh great, more fluffing from you and prags is imminent Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 668437

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:Big jump from Fighting Montagoose to Mr. Montagoose.

Either way, I say keep it. Unless of course there is a valid reason to make the change.

Is there?
Even bigger jump from MR. to SIR. I better get posting!

I say we keep the ranking system and perhaps come up with a slogan that would appeal to a wider audience.

Something cheesy like "Where real hockey talk happens"

Heh heh.

oh great, more fluffing from you and prags is imminent Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 668437
Laughing3

Yes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Abso-fluffin'-lutely!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Abso-fluffin'-lutely!

we will create a thread for you two or anyone else (mainly me) that wants to boost up numbers, that way we can post random one word responses and emoticons Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 668437

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:

we will create a thread for you two or anyone else (mainly me) that wants to boost up numbers, that way we can post random one word responses and emoticons Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 668437
Nice.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Keep in mind I can reset all of you to zero posts if I wish. Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 78253

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Keep in mind I can reset all of you to zero posts if I wish. Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 78253
ABUSE OF POWER!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Keep in mind I can reset all of you to zero posts if I wish. Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 78253
ABUSE OF POWER!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

We need an evil laugh emoticon or something.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

you can take my posts, but you can't take my pride. Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 78253

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

If you think something is wrong with this site, change it. If not, keep it the same. Personally, I'm happy with the group we have here. If we get too much more traffic, we'll be overrun with Notch's.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:

you can take my posts, but you can't take my pride. Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 78253

Why? Someone already took your pride? Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 455378

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:

You're still a fluffer-in-training. That's 30 words and only a single smiley. You've got to get your fluff-to-substance ratio a lot higher than that.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Why? Someone already took your pride? Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 455378

well I could say that happened when I got married, but that would be wrong and that would get me in trouble Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 668437

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

You're still a fluffer-in-training. That's 30 words and only a single smiley. You've got to get your fluff-to-substance ratio a lot higher than that.

adjust fluff to substance ratio, check, Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 812636 Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 639591 Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 50327 Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 605651 Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 68747 Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 88481 Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 88481 Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 3 88481

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum