GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

+10
BigRig
PTFlea
wprager
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
shabbs
jamvan
Jordo
spader
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should we remove the Fighting Montagoose as GMH Mascot?

Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? Vote_lcap258%Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? Vote_rcap2 58% [ 26 ]
Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? Vote_lcap242%Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? Vote_rcap2 42% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 45

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

I was just wondering if I could get your thoughts on this. Should we remove the tag line "Home of the Fighting Montagoose" and no longer have that as a mascot?

If so what would we put there? What would our rankings become? Give it some thought or tell me to cram it - If you want to keep the Fighting Montagoose as part of GMH that is.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total

- Unknown Author

what is the fighting montagoose?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:what is the fighting montagoose?

Do a search of the site and you'll find a blurb on the origin of the Fighting montagoose.

- Unknown Author

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I found the blurb. How does the ranking system work though?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:I found the blurb. How does the ranking system work though?

It's all based on Posts.

0 to 999 - Montagosling

1000 to 4999 - Fighting Montagoose

5000 to 14999 - MR. Montagoose

15000 + - SIR Montagoose

- Unknown Author

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think you should keep the rating system, but perhaps saying this is the "Home of the Fighting Montagoose" is a little overboard, and might make people take this site a little less seriously- since it's a largely inside joke that only avid 1200 listeners will sort of understand.

Just my two cents though. I really like the rating system. I'm still fighting to get out of that Montagosling phase.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Although a great tribute to a local radio guy, it might be time to get the slogan more hockey related. Reason being is it might attract more hockey people to the site.

Let's be honest, this site is great, but it's pretty much Sens Talk. IT might be a great idea to look into making it more Sens related, with an aside of NHL talk or start to try attracting more people from more fan bases.

Just my two cents.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big jump from Fighting Montagoose to Mr. Montagoose.

Either way, I say keep it. Unless of course there is a valid reason to make the change.

Is there?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:Although a great tribute to a local radio guy, it might be time to get the slogan more hockey related. Reason being is it might attract more hockey people to the site.

Let's be honest, this site is great, but it's pretty much Sens Talk. IT might be a great idea to look into making it more Sens related, with an aside of NHL talk or start to try attracting more people from more fan bases.

Just my two cents.

You think a slogan will attract more traffic?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:Big jump from Fighting Montagoose to Mr. Montagoose.

Either way, I say keep it. Unless of course there is a valid reason to make the change.

Is there?
Even bigger jump from MR. to SIR. I better get posting!

I say we keep the ranking system and perhaps come up with a slogan that would appeal to a wider audience.

Something cheesy like "Where real hockey talk happens"

Heh heh.

Last edited by shabbs on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My personal thought on it is it's quirky and uniquely GMH. How many websites do you know that have a mascot? Hockey teams have mascots so why not a Hockey website right?

I just think it's a novel concept that no one has or at least not that I know of.

- Unknown Author

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

The Montagoose doesn't bother me but I find the banner to be too big; it takes half the home page. I'm done with constructive criticism for the day; now back to b!tching and whining.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I would lose the Home of the Fighting Montagoose logo/slogan and replace it with something else, but keep the rankings.

I was talking to SpezD about this the other day, I'm sure we have some designers here that could put something together and we can all vote on it. The one that wins gets a t-shirt or mug of the new logo/slogan.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:My personal thought on it is it's quirky and uniquely GMH. How many websites do you know that have a mascot? Hockey teams have mascots so why not a Hockey website right?

I just think it's a novel concept that no one has or at least not that I know of.

Keep it for sure. You're not likely to find anything else as unique and quirky.

May I, however, suggest an intermediate step between montagosling and Fighting Montagoose? How about Montagoose Cadet or some-such at 2000?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Montagoose Prospect?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum