GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

+10
BigRig
PTFlea
wprager
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
shabbs
jamvan
Jordo
spader
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should we remove the Fighting Montagoose as GMH Mascot?

Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 2 Vote_lcap258%Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 58% [ 26 ]
Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 2 Vote_lcap242%Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 45

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I would lose the Home of the Fighting Montagoose logo/slogan and replace it with something else, but keep the rankings.

I was talking to SpezD about this the other day, I'm sure we have some designers here that could put something together and we can all vote on it. The one that wins gets a t-shirt or mug of the new logo/slogan.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:My personal thought on it is it's quirky and uniquely GMH. How many websites do you know that have a mascot? Hockey teams have mascots so why not a Hockey website right?

I just think it's a novel concept that no one has or at least not that I know of.

Keep it for sure. You're not likely to find anything else as unique and quirky.

May I, however, suggest an intermediate step between montagosling and Fighting Montagoose? How about Montagoose Cadet or some-such at 2000?

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Montagoose Prospect?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The Montagoose should wear a jersey with GMH on the front. Is that possible?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:My personal thought on it is it's quirky and uniquely GMH. How many websites do you know that have a mascot? Hockey teams have mascots so why not a Hockey website right?

I just think it's a novel concept that no one has or at least not that I know of.

May I, however, suggest an intermediate step between montagosling and Fighting Montagoose? How about Montagoose Cadet or some-such at 2000?

Do you mean a step between Fighting Montagoose and MR? Because 1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose. I could put in something at like 200 posts I suppose. I think it's good how it is though don't you?

1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose

Then you really have to work to become a MR at 5000. If you're truly dedicated you become a SIR at 15,000.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:The Montagoose doesn't bother me but I find the banner to be too big; it takes half the home page. I'm done with constructive criticism for the day; now back to b!tching and whining.
Yeah... 'tis a huge banner.

(that's what she said)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If I get a chance tonight I'll work on it but I can't do it from work because they block everything here. I'm lucky I can still come here for cryin' out loud.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would keep the mascot and even the name Fighting Montagoose, but I would take 'Fighting Montagoose' off of the banner and off of the shirts etc. People...don't care, nor are they really that interested when I try to explain it to them. As Clutch and I talked about, it's a great conversation starter about what the site is, but I personally feel - and again, this is just me - that we have such a group of talented people here, we could put the coolest logo on shirts, mugs etc. and incorporate the 'where fans are GMs' slogan - or something of the like.

My opinion is not to get rid of these things, but to alter the design on shirts, banners etc.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

ahhhh...crap..

I just voted but meant to KEEP the montagoose...but clicked on the wrong voting circle!!!

Ignore that one vote!

Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go? - Page 2 428331

other than that I would make the banner smaller.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I would keep the mascot and even the name Fighting Montagoose, but I would take 'Fighting Montagoose' off of the banner and off of the shirts etc. People...don't care, nor are they really that interested when I try to explain it to them. As Clutch and I talked about, it's a great conversation starter about what the site is, but I personally feel - and again, this is just me - that we have such a group of talented people here, we could put the coolest logo on shirts, mugs etc. and incorporate the 'where fans are GMs' slogan - or something of the like.

My opinion is not to get rid of these things, but to alter the design on shirts, banners etc.

Yep, I think that's where I was going with my comments. I like the Montagoose under the name thing, it's a cool thing.

I also think we probably want to attract hockey people. I think other than people based in Ottawa, no one will have a clue what the Montagoose thing is all about. Unless you can put an about us tab on the site?

But I agree, the banner changed. Maybe to the "Armchair GM Universe". LOL!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Yep, I think that's where I was going with my comments. I like the Montagoose under the name thing, it's a cool thing.

I also think we probably want to attract hockey people. I think other than people based in Ottawa, no one will have a clue what the Montagoose thing is all about. Unless you can put an about us tab on the site?

But I agree, the banner changed. Maybe to the "Armchair GM Universe". LOL!

Yeah, something like that. That's what I mean, don't get rid of it, but alter the slogans that people see. Armchair GM Universe is a little awkward, but something like that.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

We could think about changing the # of posts totals to hockey related terms? Like...

Norris, Calder, Vezina, Conn Smyth, Rocket Richard, Art Ross..

Goon, Minor Leaguer, Franchise,...

The Next Great One, Future Hall of Famer,...

Or give people their own titles.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:We could think about changing the # of posts totals to hockey related terms? Like...

Booo.

Edit: Sorry Dash I meant to say Boooo-oring Wink

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Montagoose Prospect?

I liked it Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:We could think about changing the # of posts totals to hockey related terms? Like...

That excites me for no other reason than I want to be a hockey award winner. Ahhhhh!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How about Prospectus Montagooseus

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Do you mean a step between Fighting Montagoose and MR? Because 1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose. I could put in something at like 200 posts I suppose. I think it's good how it is though don't you?

1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose

Then you really have to work to become a MR at 5000. If you're truly dedicated you become a SIR at 15,000.

Yeah, something like that. There's a huge jump there from 0 to 1000 (well, at least for those of you who obviously have a life). That's the one I meant. Montagosling at 0, Montagoose Prospect at 500, Fighting Montagoose at 1000, then perhaps something else at 2000 or 2500 before MR. Montagoose. Maybe change Fighting Montagoose to Rookie Montagoose, then Fighting and so on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:The Montagoose doesn't bother me but I find the banner to be too big; it takes half the home page. I'm done with constructive criticism for the day; now back to b!tching and whining.
Yeah... 'tis a huge banner.

(that's what she said)

That's somewhat inappropriate on a Wednesday, no?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum