GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Devils sign Rob Niedermayer

+2
SensFan71
PTFlea
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

2Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:02 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

good signing by the Devils, have to see what the term is though.

3Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They won't want Kelly any more then.

4Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:They won't want Kelly any more then.

Precisely what some Devils fans are saying right now.

5Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:05 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:They won't want Kelly any more then.

the swirling dominoes have started again Devils sign Rob Niedermayer 639591

6Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:06 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Wow, just now he signed? I thought he had already signed somehwere. That took a long time. He's lucky.

7Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=21266078#post21266078

Laughing3 Look at their reactions.

8Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:12 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

1. Of all the available bums out there, and Lou signs this guy? Probably the worst of them all....
2. crap.

3. I am better than Rob Niedermayer at this point.

Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Facepalm

Devils sign Rob Niedermayer 428598 Devils sign Rob Niedermayer 428598

9Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yikes. Even Space Commander MacGyver was visibly disappointed.

10Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rob's career was only extended because Burke knew he had to keep him in order to bring in Scott. I'm pretty sure they were thinking of getting rid of him before the possibility of bringing Scott to the Ducks became likely.

- Unknown Author

11Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Empty Re: Devils sign Rob Niedermayer Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:18 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

More detail, from the Devils' blog Fire And Ice today:

Devils sign center Rob Niedermayer; Mottau, Fraser not practicing

The Devils have finally added a center.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello announced this afternoon that the team has signed Rob Niedermayer, the younger brother or former Devil Scott Niedermayer.

"I felt that we needed a little size and strength down the middle and now with Travis [Zajac] and [Dainius Zubrus] and Robbie [6-2, 200] I think we've got three pretty good size-strength center icemen," Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "We know Robbie very well, of course. We played against him in the Stanley Cup [in 2003 with Anaheim. He's one of those forwards that can be used in different roles."

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/09/devils-sign-center-rob-niedermayer.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum