GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absolute best case scenario for the Sens

+8
LeCaptain
shabbs
Sp00nz
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Hoags
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Absolute best case scenario for the Sens Empty Absolute best case scenario for the Sens Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Since I'm usually the positive spin guy around here I'll start with my view of the Sens best case scenario.

Top six Forwards

Alfredsson - Absolute best case scenario for the Sens 15281 'nuff said.

Spezza has truly matured and now he "gets it". He ends up with a 90+ point season with 30+ goals and is caught back-checking on a regular basis.

Kovalev is his enigmatic self at times but he's dominanent enough during the season that he's not a detriment to the team and has a 75 point season with 25+ goals.

Michalek has a break out year playing in the top six and ends up with 30+ goals and 80+ points. He also improves both our PK and PP immensely.

Cheechoo has a solid season playing well enough to remain a top six and second unit PP player. He ends up with 20+ goals and 60+ points

Fisher has a rebound season and gets back to his regular 50+ point seasons and racks up 25+ goals.

Top 4 Defense

Kuba plays his usual solid self but racks up more points and improves his plus minus due to our much improved PP offense.

Karlsson plays himself into the top 4 and has an impressive year much like Meszaros did in his first season.

Phillips gets back to his old shut down role and has a strong defensive season

Volchenkov plays his usual steady self blocking shots with reckless abandon and acting like a second goalie at times. The pairing of him with Phillips get back to their 2007 cup run form.

Goalies

Leclaire is fully recovered and avoids the injury bug. He shows exactly why he was a top pick and that his great season (or part of a season) wasn't a fluke but was a true reflection of his potential to be an elite top 5 goalie in the whole league.

Elliott continues to progress and handles the job of backup perfectly and shows flashes of brilliance at times while facing the "lesser" competition of the league.

So come on guys give me your best scenarios. Later we can discuss worst cases.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

best case scenerio we trade Fisher for Savard... Absolute best case scenario for the Sens 50327

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think Kuba can improve his +/- due to our improved PP. Other than that, I like your predictions. Where's Foligno, Regin and Shannon?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I would add ...

- Cheechoo, Michalek and Sens do very well this season and post-season, Sharks leave in the 1st round again making BM the clear winner in the trade. Heatley has a disappointing season and rumours swirl again.

- Regin makes the team.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I don't think Kuba can improve his +/- due to our improved PP. Other than that, I like your predictions. Where's Foligno, Regin and Shannon?

Absolute best case scenario for the Sens 812636 . I'll edit that now.

- Unknown Author

DirtyDave wrote:best case scenerio we trade Fisher for Savard... Absolute best case scenario for the Sens 50327

Dah, come on dude. It looks like there is something there with Regin and Fisher. If he can get you 20 goals or more, that's a good season and he is a warrior come playoff time.

COME ONNNNNNNNN.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:best case scenerio we trade Fisher for Savard... Absolute best case scenario for the Sens 50327

will walk away from that trade, we have Savards, we need more Fishers.

N4L wrote:

Dah, come on dude. It looks like there is something there with Regin and Fisher. If he can get you 20 goals or more, that's a good season and he is a warrior come playoff time.

COME ONNNNNNNNN.

Ya your right... but I'd still trade savard for fisher.

DirtyDave wrote:
N4L wrote:

COME ONNNNNNNNN.

Meh... I'm not the biggest Savard guy but his game has gotten better playing in Boston which does show some character. Fisher will pay off in April/May. Id rather have him there in all honesty.

N4L wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
N4L wrote:

COME ONNNNNNNNN.

Meh... I'm not the biggest Savard guy but his game has gotten better playing in Boston which does show some character. Fisher will pay off in April/May. Id rather have him there in all honesty.

maybe savard was a bad example... Riberio.. haha.

I hate Riberio sooooooooo much.

N4L wrote:I hate Riberio sooooooooo much.

I figured you would... that's why I put him there... actually Fisher and Regin definitely deserve a chance... it Fisher still sucks by december, I will resume my hatred.

DirtyDave wrote:

I figured you would... that's why I put him there... actually Fisher and Regin definitely deserve a chance... it Fisher still sucks by december, I will resume my hatred.

Well he is getting a full camp in and isnt playing catch up. I think Fisher has a really solid year and provides some secondary along with Kovalev. Regin has looked amazing playing up the middle with him for sure... I'll question everything Ottawa Senators if he doesnt crack the lineup.

N4L wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

Well he is getting a full camp in and isnt playing catch up. I think Fisher has a really solid year and provides some secondary along with Kovalev. Regin has looked amazing playing up the middle with him for sure... I'll question everything Ottawa Senators if he doesnt crack the lineup.

Fisher isn't playing center with Regin... hm... that changes things. So Fisher will be on the 3rd line... that's a decent 3rd line.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fisher has a rebound season and gets back to his regular 50+ point seasons and racks up 25+ goals.

This will be seen as "hate" or whatever but this statement illustrates how we tend to inflate Fishers accomplishments. He is a mythical figure in Ottawa in the truest sense.

Here's the deal. Mike Fisher has never put up 50 pts. in the NHL. Fire at will...

Luckily, Regin appears to be a pretty special player. He knows where the puck will be before it gets there and it appears he knows where Fisher will be before Fisher knows where he will be. This combo looks to have some magic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum