GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Karlsson Article

+9
LethalLehner
Acrobat
Hockeyhero22000
PKC
rooneypoo
wprager
asq2
SensFan71
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:57 pm

RobbyJ wrote:I'd prefer Ottawa or SEL, I don't want him burning an ELC year in Bingo, and I want the big 3 D prospects to be staggered by a year.

I don't want to burn an ELC year either, but if you want to stagger them, you almost have to have Karlsson playing in NA this year.

Cowen will likely be ready the year after next and Wiercioch almost certainly the year after.

32Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:59 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:The only issue I have with letting him go to Bingo/SWE if he's cpaable of playing in the NHL is, if both Karlsson and Cowen are ready next year, they would be both rookies, and I don't really like the idea of having 2 rookies on the bluline.

I don't think it should be too much of a problem. Assuming a full recovery from his injury, by the time the 2010-2011 season rolls around, Cowen should be at or above the calibre that Luke Schenn was this past season. I doubt he'll have a hard time adjusting - It should just be his offence that'll take a while.

I can't imagine a 6'5", 235 lbs defenceman at that speed with that level of defensive intelligence should look like a rookie for a prolonged period of time.

Anyway, arguably the best team the Sens have assembled in the modern era featured rookies in Eaves, Kelly, McGrattan and Bochenski up front, Meszaros and Schubert on defence and Emery in goal.

33Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:00 pm

That's why I'll take Karlsson this year.

Phillips - Kuba
Volchenkov - Campoli
Lee - Karlsson
Picard/Schubert/Smith

That scares me a little.

34Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:That's why I'll take Karlsson this year.

Phillips - Kuba
Volchenkov - Campoli
Lee - Karlsson
Picard/Schubert/Smith

That scares me a little.

Putting Karlsson with Lee doesn't make sense IMO. They're both really raw (Lee has less NHL experience than Schenn or Doughty) and they're the only two right-handers we have on the blue-line, discounting Smith.

35Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:04 pm

RobbyJ wrote:That's why I'll take Karlsson this year.

Phillips - Kuba
Volchenkov - Campoli
Lee - Karlsson
Picard/Schubert/Smith

That scares me a little.

Leaves a logjam for sure. I think with all those guys, Schubert won't even be considered as a d-man. Forward or Diddle off.

I'd also wouldn't want to pair Karlsson with any of these guys except Phillips (ideally), Volchenkov (he'd certainly be defensively aware enough to cover for Karlsson), or Kuba.

The others potential pairings would just give me nightmares.

36Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:42 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

according to Sens Chirp, which may stem from that conference call today with season ticket holders, Brian Murray expects Karlsson to make the big club this year.

37Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:55 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:according to Sens Chirp, which may stem from that conference call today with season ticket holders, Brian Murray expects Karlsson to make the big club this year.

Then Smith, Schubert and perhaps even one of Picard or Lee has to go. Especially if Murray gets a defenceman in any Heatley deal.

Heatley and Lee for Burns and Sheppard (and a pick)? Then put Schubert for a 6th rounder, Smith on the LTIR, and sign Sykora if you have any room left over.

We'd have a deep offence, strong blue-line and a Leclaire/Elliott goaltending tandem. I love you

38Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Then Smith, Schubert and perhaps even one of Picard or Lee has to go. Especially if Murray gets a defenceman in any Heatley deal.

Heatley and Lee for Burns and Sheppard (and a pick)? Then put Schubert for a 6th rounder, Smith on the LTIR, and sign Sykora if you have any room left over.

We'd have a deep offence, strong blue-line and a Leclaire/Elliott goaltending tandem. I love you

Crying Dare to dream?

39Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:12 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:

Minnesota is pretty deep in the back end, but do you raelly think they give up Burns that easily? Sure they're getting Heatley- but Burns and Sheppard absolutely blows any other deal that has been rumoured so far out of the water, it doesn't seem rational at this point.

If it happened, it would be amazing- but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

40Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:14 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

At this point, Heatley > Burns and Sheppard >= Lee.
MInnesota wins this, it's a possible deal.

41Big Karlsson Article - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Karlsson Article Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:22 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:according to Sens Chirp, which may stem from that conference call today with season ticket holders, Brian Murray expects Karlsson to make the big club this year.

definitely makes the blueline even more clogged up than it already is, but wow, the deal your mentioning if it happened would be particularly great, don't see it, but damn, it would be nice. Smith on the LTIR is probably the only definite scenario you mentioned there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum