GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karlsson has grown!

+4
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PKC
PTFlea
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Karlsson has grown! Empty Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not 100% sure this is thread worthy, but it's big news for the future of the franchise.

Karlsson is listed at 6 feet, 175 on the http://senators.nhl.com/club/roster.htm Sens Website.

Wiercioch is listed at 192 now, Cowen 228 (still don't believe he's under 230, but whatever). Michalek has lost a bit @ 217 vs 225 last season. Campoli is now 200.

But the biggest news is Karlsson hitting 6 feet. Not so small anymore. Ahhhhh!

2Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:49 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Not 100% sure this is thread worthy, but it's big news for the future of the franchise.

Karlsson is listed at 6 feet, 175 on the http://senators.nhl.com/club/roster.htm Sens Website.

Wiercioch is listed at 192 now, Cowen 228 (still don't believe he's under 230, but whatever). Michalek has lost a bit @ 217 vs 225 last season. Campoli is now 200.

But the biggest news is Karlsson hitting 6 feet. Now so small anymore. Ahhhhh!

That's huge for Michalek, assuming he increased core strength especially with workouts that target specific muscle groups in the leg this should help take a lot of pressure off his knees during skating. Might even expect an increase in speed which would be ridiculous.

3Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:57 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Not 100% sure this is thread worthy, but it's big news for the future of the franchise.

But the biggest news is Karlsson hitting 6 feet. Now so small anymore. Ahhhhh!

That's huge for Michalek, assuming he increased core strength especially with workouts that target specific muscle groups in the leg this should help take a lot of pressure off his knees during skating. Might even expect an increase in speed which would be ridiculous.

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

I think the size issue in Karlsson's case is at least overblown and more likely a non-issue.

He's always prided himself on being a big open-ice hitter and I'm sure he's dropped some huge players in his career so far.

4Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's ridiculous is that at 6 feet, he can still grow out to 195 and be Kronwall with ridiculous offensive talent.

5Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:13 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Man, this is exciting!! I think we could all tell that he had grown but it's nice to see it in writing.

6Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:14 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm happy about Michalek losing a little bit of weight too, I can't imagine him being faster than he already is, but I'm pretty sure he will be. It seems as though everyone did their homework this summer. So far so good.

7Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:16 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

That's awesome, all of our D are 6feet and above. With the exception of Benoit.

8Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry guys (and gals) but this is bordering on pathetic. We're getting *excited* about someone growing. I don't think the regular season can come soon enough.

9Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Of course, you never know when the Sens are not being entirely honest regarding the listed figures.

10Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:04 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:Of course, you never know when the Sens are not being entirely honest regarding the listed figures.

It's probably a case of Karlsson saying "if Shannon can call himself 5'8, I can call myself 6 feet!"

11Karlsson has grown! Empty Re: Karlsson has grown! Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bass Destruction wrote:
asq2 wrote:Of course, you never know when the Sens are not being entirely honest regarding the listed figures.

It's probably a case of Karlsson saying "if Shannon can call himself 5'8, I can call myself 6 feet!"
Shannon is listed as 5' 9" on the Sens web site.

Sure he is...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum