GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A new article on why there's been no trade

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/WorldJunior/2009/01/03/7909366-sun.html

Basically, his current roster players have little trade value, and he'd have to take on more salary in order to make a trade. This is exactly what we don't want -- more salary.

"I can make a trade if I want to take more money back than I'm giving up. I don't want to do that. I can do that any time I want. I don't want to do that. That's not the kind of deal I want to make. I'm just going to keep talking," said Murray yesterday.

The artcle mentions mild interest in Spezza (Edmonton and Columbus). The Jackets have also, reportedly, talked about Vermette and Kelly, offering Kris Russell in return, but as much as Murray needs a PMD, he wants one with at least some experience.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Russell for Kelly?

In a second.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I would be surprised if he is able to get anything done before the deadline. The deals are just going to suck.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Is it me, or does Kris Russell look eerily similar to Luke Schenn?

A new article on why there's been no trade 179296393

A new article on why there's been no trade Kris_r10

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

It seems to me that Murray is using the media as an outlet to state his trade intentions and expectations. This approach might work, bringing more legitimate trade options to the Sens approaching the trade deadline.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if Murray would make a deal that included Kelly if he were able to get Russell and Methot or a 2nd rounder instead of a straight up deal. Getting a couple of young players or a player and pick while moving salary seems to me is fair value regardless if he wants a more established player. Heck moving the salary allows him the opportuntity to get that more established player in the off season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:Russell for Kelly?

In a second.

But Kelly is a first-line winger who kills penalties and can play centre.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum