GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospal signs with NYR

+3
PTFlea
Vandelay
Flo The Action
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Ugh, why on earth would you want Prospal at all? There is a reason he signed for this little in New York.

As long as The Rangers have Lundqvist in nets they will be in every game. He is one of the two best goaltenders on the planet.

Agreed. Its just painful to think about the way they waste one of the best goalies of our time with that dreadful defense.

11.5 on Redden and Roszival? squirrel then add 40-game Gabo at 7.5 and 2nd line center Drury at 7....what a mess.

17Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:32 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
How would Ottawa be different though? He's familiar with the city, and a few of the players. For that price, I would certainly take a flyer on him.

Me too.

The funny part is that TB is paying him more not to play than the Rangers are paying him to play.

18Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:33 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
How would Ottawa be different though? He's familiar with the city, and a few of the players. For that price, I would certainly take a flyer on him.

Me too.
Not me. No way, no how. We now have a little something called character and grit in our lineup. We have players who don't fall apart when the games get tougher and the checking gets tighter. Prospal gets a ringtone when he asks GM Cas what kind of interest the Sens have in him.

19Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:35 pm

cas wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Me too.
Not me. No way, no how. We now have a little something called character and grit in our lineup. We have players who don't fall apart when the games get tougher and the checking gets tighter. Prospal gets a ringtone when he asks GM Cas what kind of interest the Sens have in him.

It's a one year deal, which means he's in a contract year. He always plays better in contract years Wink

Just keep signing him for one year at a time to keep him motivated. Laughing3

20Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

does that mean they're officially out of the Heatley chase? Sarcasm

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

21Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:41 pm

Sens19 wrote:does that mean they're officially out of the Heatley chase? Sarcasm

I don't know how seriously they were ever in it. We would have to have taken a hefty salary dump to send him there, and Murray doesn't look prepared to do that.

22Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:42 pm

hemlock wrote:
cas wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Me too.

It's a one year deal, which means he's in a contract year. He always plays better in contract years Wink

Just keep signing him for one year at a time to keep him motivated. Laughing3
:^^^^:

If only that joke weren't so apt Facepalm

23Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:44 pm

cas wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Ugh, why on earth would you want Prospal at all? There is a reason he signed for this little in New York.

As long as The Rangers have Lundqvist in nets they will be in every game. He is one of the two best goaltenders on the planet.

Agreed. Its just painful to think about the way they waste one of the best goalies of our time with that dreadful defense.

11.5 on Redden and Roszival? squirrel then add 40-game Gabo at 7.5 and 2nd line center Drury at 7....what a mess.

I put him in the same catogory as Comrie, just a spare part who will add basically nothing to The Sens that they dont already have. Ill take Ruutu 100 times over Prospal.

He MIGHT get you 20 goals, but 60 games a year you dont even know he is on the ice. The Rangers had no choice, they need a guy who can put the puck in the net at a minimal salary. Might see Comrie signed there soon enough as well.

24Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:46 pm

hemlock wrote:
Sens19 wrote:does that mean they're officially out of the Heatley chase? Sarcasm

I don't know how seriously they were ever in it. We would have to have taken a hefty salary dump to send him there, and Murray doesn't look prepared to do that.
I'd imagine it was Roszival or bust... So there was pretty much no chance it was ever going to happen.

Other possibilities?

Sather: How about Drury?
Murray: You paid him 7M confused

Sather: How about Gomez?
Murray: You paid him even more Facepalm

Sather: Ok, then how about Redd...
Murray Laughing3 *click*

25Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
cas wrote:

I put him in the same catogory as Comrie, just a spare part who will add basically nothing to The Sens that they dont already have. Ill take Ruutu 100 times over Prospal.

He MIGHT get you 20 goals, but 60 games a year you dont even know he is on the ice. The Rangers had no choice, they need a guy who can put the puck in the net at a minimal salary. Might see Comrie signed there soon enough as well.

true story.

26Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:48 pm

cas wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
cas wrote:

true story.

Fact

27Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:56 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
cas wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
cas wrote:

true story.

Fact
Theory... Comrie was pretty solid for us in the Cup run and last year proved that playoff warriors mean dick if you don't make the playoffs...There is a certain logic to wanting one or both of Comrie, Prospal to play for the Sens...I just don't subscribe to it.

28Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:01 pm

Also going back to NYR, btw, is the Moose:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287862

Serving as Special Assistant to Sather. He's apparently excited to learn how to overpay for mediocre talent.

29Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Comrie cant do it anymore, that hip injury he recieved is about as bad as an injury as you can get in hockey. Prospal, can't stand him, that guy is ALL ABOUT the cash, that's it. Playoffs he is no where to be found.

Cant stand either of those two players. Comrie has had 1 good playoff in 10 years in the league, people in Ottawa tend to gorget that.

30Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:05 pm

cas wrote:Also going back to NYR, btw, is the Moose:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287862

Serving as Special Assistant to Sather. He's apparently excited to learn how to overpay for mediocre talent.

Like special help for disabled people.

31Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Comrie cant do it anymore, that hip injury he recieved is about as bad as an injury as you can get in hockey. Prospal, can't stand him, that guy is ALL ABOUT the cash, that's it. Playoffs he is no where to be found.

Cant stand either of those two players. Comrie has had 1 good playoff in 10 years in the league, people in Ottawa tend to gorget that.

It's not like he's been in the playoffs 10 times though. It's in fact, only 3 times.

32Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Comrie cant do it anymore, that hip injury he recieved is about as bad as an injury as you can get in hockey. Prospal, can't stand him, that guy is ALL ABOUT the cash, that's it. Playoffs he is no where to be found.

I don't disagree, but people are also nervous after missing the playoffs last year. One thing we didn't have enough of was offensive firepower. Most of us on this site know that there were a variety of reasons for that and that most of those have been resolved. Other people, though, still think we're going to struggle to put the puck in the net, so we "NEED" to re-sign Comrie or we "NEED(ed)" to sign Prospal or Zherdev...or, God help us, Afinogenov Facepalm

33Prospal signs with NYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 pm

hemlock wrote:

It's not like he's been in the playoffs 10 times though. It's in fact, only 3 times.
That sounds more like an argument against signing him... Shrug

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum