GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospal signs with NYR

+3
PTFlea
Vandelay
Flo The Action
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Comrie cant do it anymore, that hip injury he recieved is about as bad as an injury as you can get in hockey. Prospal, can't stand him, that guy is ALL ABOUT the cash, that's it. Playoffs he is no where to be found.

Cant stand either of those two players. Comrie has had 1 good playoff in 10 years in the league, people in Ottawa tend to gorget that.

It's not like he's been in the playoffs 10 times though. It's in fact, only 3 times.

32Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Comrie cant do it anymore, that hip injury he recieved is about as bad as an injury as you can get in hockey. Prospal, can't stand him, that guy is ALL ABOUT the cash, that's it. Playoffs he is no where to be found.

Cant stand either of those two players. Comrie has had 1 good playoff in 10 years in the league, people in Ottawa tend to gorget that.

I don't disagree, but people are also nervous after missing the playoffs last year. One thing we didn't have enough of was offensive firepower. Most of us on this site know that there were a variety of reasons for that and that most of those have been resolved. Other people, though, still think we're going to struggle to put the puck in the net, so we "NEED" to re-sign Comrie or we "NEED(ed)" to sign Prospal or Zherdev...or, God help us, Afinogenov Facepalm

33Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 pm

hemlock wrote:

It's not like he's been in the playoffs 10 times though. It's in fact, only 3 times.
That sounds more like an argument against signing him... Shrug

34Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
cas wrote:Also going back to NYR, btw, is the Moose:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287862

Serving as Special Assistant to Sather. He's apparently excited to learn how to overpay for mediocre talent.

Like special help for disabled people.

Except they don't want to learn to be disabled...

35Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 pm

cas wrote:
hemlock wrote:

That sounds more like an argument against signing him... Shrug

Not intended to be either. I'm just trying to show that 1/3 is better than 1/10.

Rick Nash has only been to the playoffs once(and hasn't even won a game). Is that a knock against him?

36Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:
cas wrote:Also going back to NYR, btw, is the Moose:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287862

Serving as Special Assistant to Sather. He's apparently excited to learn how to overpay for mediocre talent.

Like special help for disabled people.

Beginning of the end for Sather?

37Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:

True, and if you look at those three appearances, he had 4 points in 12 games over two seasons with Edmonton, then 5 points in 15 games with the Sens. His career stats is a point every 3 playoff games, which is exactly what he did two years ago with us.

So, N4L, of those three playoff forays, which one was the "good" one?

38Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And before anyone jumps down my neck, I am not suggesting either Comrie or Prospal. I like both guys, but at this point in our team's development I want to give those $1.1M contracts (shakes head again thinking about Neil) to the Foligons, Regins, Shannons and so on. They may not score as many goals as a Prospal or Comrie in the short term, but we need these guys to start contributing *while* they are still without arbitration rights and before they become UFAs.

Gone are the days where you could let a Guy Lafleur come up slowly over three seasons. Not that you put these guys in the top-six right away, but have a 3rd line that's going to try and score instead of trying to not get scored on. Let these guys develop some scoring touch so that when we promote them to the top-six they are still on their second contract, making around $2M if not less.

39Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:And before anyone jumps down my neck, I am not suggesting either Comrie or Prospal. I like both guys, but at this point in our team's development I want to give those $1.1M contracts (shakes head again thinking about Neil) to the Foligons, Regins, Shannons and so on. They may not score as many goals as a Prospal or Comrie in the short term, but we need these guys to start contributing *while* they are still without arbitration rights and before they become UFAs.

Gone are the days where you could let a Guy Lafleur come up slowly over three seasons. Not that you put these guys in the top-six right away, but have a 3rd line that's going to try and score instead of trying to not get scored on. Let these guys develop some scoring touch so that when we promote them to the top-six they are still on their second contract, making around $2M if not less.

This is the reason why we shouldn't. Prospal has a nice skill set, good hands, nice vision, but at some point we need to give Regin a chance at the NHL level.

40Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The problem is that we have too many one-way contracts and are up against the cap. That's why we need to move Heatley for picks and prospects, or move another 1-2 contracts at forward while only getting one roster player in return.

If that doesn't happen, I think Regin gets one year closer to free agency with nothing to show for it, experience and contribution-wise.

41Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:38 pm

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

True, and if you look at those three appearances, he had 4 points in 12 games over two seasons with Edmonton, then 5 points in 15 games with the Sens. His career stats is a point every 3 playoff games, which is exactly what he did two years ago with us.

I dont like Comrie as a player at all, and I'll look past the stats here. The year The Sens went to the finals, Comrie played great. He did everything he was asked of and then some. The points might not have been there but the effort was along with the results. He defently had a good playoff, stats dont tell the story there.

Comrie is another guy that just doesnt know how to win or lead though. 1 good playoffs in 10 years, not exaclty mind blowing. The fact that he has only been there 3 times in 10 years being a top minute guy is also disturbing.

42Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:53 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I dont like Comrie as a player at all, and I'll look past the stats here. The year The Sens went to the finals, Comrie played great. He did everything he was asked of and then some. The points might not have been there but the effort was along with the results. He defently had a good playoff, stats dont tell the story there.

Comrie is another guy that just doesnt know how to win or lead though. 1 good playoffs in 10 years, not exaclty mind blowing. The fact that he has only been there 3 times in 10 years being a top minute guy is also disturbing.

This is his fault how?

If thats disturbing, then whats Olli Jokinen to you?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

43Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Jokinen has played on 1 team where he showed loyalt and no one in that organization gave a damn. None the less, it was a major concern for everyone that he hasnt lead a team to the playoffs. I wouldnt touch him either. Comrie played for Edmonton, Philly, Pheonix, and Ottawa... there is a reason he's been bounced around and never gets resigned.

Jokinen is also a borderline 1st line player who is usually among the top scorers in the league. Comrie cant even play on a decent teams 2nd line at this point.

44Prospal signs with NYR - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:
This is his fault how?

If thats disturbing, then whats Olli Jokinen to you?

Me no likey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum